PPL 2020 Rule changes March 21, 2020 04:33PM
Anyone know Where to find the new drive line tether rule ? Heard they have to be on before the 1st hook?

Re: PPL 2020 Rule changes March 21, 2020 10:32PM
PPL 2020 Rules Supplement

Re: PPL 2020 Rule changes March 22, 2020 04:40AM
That's the 2019 rule book so it won't be in there. Here is a link to the rule changes for 2020.

2020 Rule Changes

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: PPL 2020 Rule changes March 22, 2020 04:44AM
well at least everyone's on the same page about charger size in Pro Stock

Re: PPL 2020 Rule changes March 22, 2020 08:00AM
Limit the turbines to 10,400 hp, but let the V-8's make as much as they possibly can. I just don't understand it.

Re: PPL 2020 Rule changes March 27, 2020 04:54AM
How do you limit the horsepower on turbines?

Re: PPL 2020 Rule changes March 22, 2020 09:28AM
Crap, my bad. Wrong link...

CP

Re: PPL 2020 Rule changes March 24, 2020 11:26AM
Let’s open up the fuel rules some more and add more chemicals to drive higher cost into every run down the track. What a joke. And you can’t run in the prostock class unless you have a minimum of 5.7” exhaust wheel?

Re: PPL 2020 Rule changes March 25, 2020 11:06AM
Would be kind of silly to run one smaller than 5.7....

The fuel rule allows the use of vp dx fuel in all diesel classes.

Re: PPL 2020 Rule changes March 26, 2020 12:00AM
Still no big block Deere’s for east coast I see.

Re: PPL 2020 Rule changes March 26, 2020 01:18AM
To lol, that means a 4.1 limited pro is not legal to run in the pro stock class, they only have a 4.5 exhaust wheel, or the puller that can’t afford a 12k turbo and is running a 4.5 with a g trim just having fun is not legal when the tec guys are measuring exhaust wheels? They can not determine if the tractor is competitive or not at that point only if it matches the rules! And why raise the numbers to allow vp torque dx and not lower it to allow vp torque which only has a reading of 27-28?

Re: PPL 2020 Rule changes March 26, 2020 03:12AM
To point A: running a 4.1 in a prostock class should be prohibited anyway. A 12k turbo will not make you competitive in prostock

To point B: why go backwards?

Re: PPL 2020 Rule changes March 27, 2020 12:43AM
Hold on... Class jumping in the tractor ranks and getting that taste of the bigger stage is what made this sport and provides that "transitional" aspect of competing that is argued and discussed with frequency. A competitor may not be able to make the leap from 4.1 to PS in one shot, but if one can incrementally come into it the same way the Legends of the class did 30 years ago, why on earth would we want to discourage that? They know they won't be competitive, same as I know I'm not winning any marathons this year (or ever really), but why should that be a barrier to trying?

CP

Re: PPL 2020 Rule changes March 27, 2020 02:31AM
It detracts from the quality of the show for one.

The new rule for the prostocks has made it mandatory to have a 6x6 to be competitive. It is now exactly the same as superfarm no one is going to run anything less than a 3x3, now they may not run the latest and greatest 3x3 but it will be a 3x3 nonetheless

Re: PPL 2020 Rule changes March 27, 2020 05:47AM
I agree to an extent that it takes away from the quality of the show, but look at the super semi class. No one would have thought a single charger would keep up to a multi charger set up. They did keep up and he was dominant for a few years. I think it was the shameless truck. I'm not saying a 4.1 would beat a full blown 6.0 pro, but a top 4.1 will probably keep right up to an outdated one.

Re: PPL 2020 Rule changes March 27, 2020 05:55AM
It would make for an interesting event with Wagler in the prostock class. He might not win, but I think he would surprise alot of you. Some of the pulls we will put 30 feet on second place.

Re: PPL 2020 Rule changes March 27, 2020 06:46AM
If the tractor looks good, runs hard, spins out at the end, but is 25' back of first place, but ahead of some "full PS" machines for one reason or another (because any class that highly strung will have some that just don't make a good hook), how does it take from the show's quality?

I disagree that it does so I'd like to further the conversation by understanding what or how it is cheapening the show. By that standard, I would think an experimental setup that needs sorting would also be undesireable?

CP

Re: PPL 2020 Rule changes March 27, 2020 07:13AM
I completely agree with u CP. The only thing I think that would take away from it is the bottom few in the 4.1 or whatever class jump up if there are fewer pullers in the higher class. Say a 4.1 class has 20 pullers, but the pro only have 6, they jump up to get better pay if they know that cant compete in their class. That is the only reason I think it may take away.

Re: PPL 2020 Rule changes March 27, 2020 08:44AM
IMHO, if all units hook and go near the same distance, ---HOW FRICCKI'N BORING. Needs to be some near 320, some at 300 and several scattered back from there- or all is lost to cookie cutter crap, we need to see the dominant and the lesser, if no lesser, why pull?

Re: PPL 2020 Rule changes March 27, 2020 10:34AM
Any vehicle that runs a ruleset that limits their horsepower to at least 1000 less horsepower than the class they are entering is watering down a class. If there are more watered down vehicles in a class than actual class members then the reasons behind the shortage should be addressed and the necessary changes made whether it be to offer a different class or some other type of promotion to get the spots filled by members of that class the following year. Also I feel like a promoter would prefer to have a class filled by competitors of that class not by class jumpers to justify that they are delivering the show they are promoting. Another reason would be that nearly every time a class jumper pulls in a class above them the announcer informs the crowd of their limitations which automatically writes them off as being a contender.

As far as experimental setups, and cookie cutters plus similar distances you can thank the dyno and the handful of builders left who understand where the next level is. Now that there is a solid limit on the turbo in prostock you will see this even more so than before as each will soon reach the horsepower maximum that the turbo can support. Then like superfarm for example the mid season wheel and cover upgrade will be the only advances made.

Disclaimer: I have nothing against any class mentioned and these are solely my opinions. CP I’m enjoying this topic and will continue to do so as this has been pretty level headed so far. One point you made about stepping up to the big stage confuses me a bit. Possibly I misunderstood, I took it as 4.1’s stepping up to the big stage of the prostock class? They already pull at many of the same venues on the same stage. Honestly imo there is no way to place a stepping stone to prostock from any single turbo class below it. It is a completely different world from the drawbar forward.

Re: PPL 2020 Rule changes March 27, 2020 10:33PM
OK. I'm picking up what you guys are saying.

The stepping up part could apply to all, but in this sense the differences between any single charger tractor and Pro Stock are significant, but no more so than say 25 years ago when the single charger classes were a feeder to SS, yet guys would still jump up and try.

I didn't read it, shame on me, but I assume the charger minimums are relevant only to Grand American. This would be disasterous for the state orgs.

CP

Re: PPL 2020 Rule changes March 28, 2020 01:50AM
cpr
OK. I'm picking up what you guys are saying.

The stepping up part could apply to all, but in this sense the differences between any single charger tractor and Pro Stock are significant, but no more so than say 25 years ago when the single charger classes were a feeder to SS, yet guys would still jump up and try.

I didn't read it, shame on me, but I assume the charger minimums are relevant only to Grand American. This would be disasterous for the state orgs.

CP

Main differences between now and 25 years ago are chassis and especially dynoing. Most setups were experimental then as very few knew what they had.

In a couple of years the 6x6’s that are a few updates behind will be very reasonable to purchase and the state level pullers or those on budgets will all have one just like the superfarms do

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,644, Posts: 229,711, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,904.

Our newest member JD_8520