Controversy @ Tomah. (1/4 of Light Pro class dq'ed for fuel) June 25, 2021 03:08PM
Per NTPA Results page, 4 of 16 Light Pros that hooked in Friday afternoon session DQ'ed for illegal fuel. 25% of the class.

Discuss.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2021 03:43PM by The Original Michael.

Re: Controversy @ Tomah. (1/4 of Light Pro class dq'ed for fuel) June 25, 2021 03:48PM
Since when are there fuel rules with ntpa, I thought they did away with them

Re: Controversy @ Tomah. (1/4 of Light Pro class dq'ed for fuel) June 25, 2021 04:46PM
Considering that some of these tractors pull at PPL events and have no issues at those events. It makes a person wonder if the NTPA testing is even accurate. If the NTPA wants to kill even more classes this is how they will implode.

I was at this event and all the tractors were close in HP, so this obviously someone that is doing random testing that is very questionable.

To be an official test that will stand up in any legal court it must be done in a certified lab, which I can promise that this never occurs at any event. Unless NTPA, PPL, Outlaws are willing to have a actual lab at every event then testing is really mute thing.

Check the things that can be checked, and ensure safety equipment is up to specs.

If they want to have fuel at some magical test number then get fuel suppliers to supply this at every event this solves any questionable issue.

But at same time, remember that NTPA, PPL, OUTLAWS do not own any of these costly machines and unless all these organizations are going to start to pay the pullers more instead of making record profits for head office this will never change anything.

It is bad enough that they rape the pullers on entry fees, driver and pit crew licenses and then the fans have to pay ticket prices that are many times over $20+ a show.

The pullers do not get the prize money they deserve for all the investment .

As a business that sponsors many pulling machines. The days of this business sponsoring a machine that strictly runs NTPA events is goint to end this season as this is the last straw.

We literally have to beg pullers to show up at many events, wake up NTPA before it is too late.

PPL has better classes and show then most NTPA events and the pullers also get a decent purse.

The problem is that for years pullers, and fans have not got on same page to help to grow this sport that would get money like NASCAR

Re: Controversy @ Tomah. (1/4 of Light Pro class dq'ed for fuel) June 25, 2021 05:31PM
So, when things DON'T get checked, NTPA is lazy, worthless and a joke and not doing their job.
THEN, when they DO check, they are idiots, and should just let cheaters cheat.
Got it.

Re: Controversy @ Tomah. (1/4 of Light Pro class dq'ed for fuel) June 25, 2021 05:41PM
Checker

You totally missed the point....

The fact is that the very machines that they said failed pull PPL so this makes you wonder what is the motive to chase away machines that run PPL besides NTPA

This fuel testing needs to be done in a LAB not in some field environment.

Do you test your engine oil by taking a sample and rubbing between your fingers

Or do you send it to a lab to get it tested.

If you answered lab then there is your answer

Tho only way to make the fuel issue be done is to get all the pulling organizations to agree to same standards

This sport is going to die and it will be because of one organization having some stricter rule on things like fuel

Wake up

Re: Controversy @ Tomah. (1/4 of Light Pro class dq'ed for fuel) June 27, 2021 10:40AM
PPL and Outlaws have disqualified pullers for illegal fuel. Why aren't you crying about them?

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Controversy @ Tomah. (1/4 of Light Pro class dq'ed for fuel) June 27, 2021 11:44AM
The weird thing with ntpa is... you have 2 fuels that are "legal" and two different test... so tell me how you test them two different ways and neither fuel will pass the opposite test. Ignorant in my book.

Re: Controversy @ Tomah. (1/4 of Light Pro class dq'ed for fuel) June 27, 2021 02:23PM
Fuels
The weird thing with ntpa is... you have 2 fuels that are "legal" and two different test... so tell me how you test them two different ways and neither fuel will pass the opposite test. Ignorant in my book.

So ignorant one, there is actually 3 different fuels allowed in NTPA and there are 3 different tests for each different fuel. So I guess just because Methanol, #2 Diesel, and B100 can't all be tested with one test that's ignorant? I guess your just an idiot so move on. Oh and by the way put your pants back on and get out of your mom's basement.

Re: Controversy @ Tomah. (1/4 of Light Pro class dq'ed for fuel) June 27, 2021 03:54PM
Fuel man

So ignorant one, there is actually 3 different fuels allowed in NTPA and there are 3 different tests for each different fuel. So I guess just because Methanol, #2 Diesel, and B100 can't all be tested with one test that's ignorant? I guess your just an idiot so move on. Oh and by the way put your pants back on and get out of your mom's basement.

Methanol is legal in light pro lol…. So back to two legal fuels….. What happens when you use the wrong test?

Re: Controversy @ Tomah. (1/4 of Light Pro class dq'ed for fuel) June 28, 2021 04:17PM
So what are they running to get kicked out? Bio diesel?

Bio diesel fuel is legal June 28, 2021 07:09PM
Bio is permitted as long as it falls in the specified range as spelled out in another post.

Re: Controversy @ Tomah. (1/4 of Light Pro class dq'ed for fuel) June 27, 2021 12:51PM
What is NTPA’s fuel rule anyway? I guess I was under the impression they did away with the fuel rule….

Re: Controversy @ Tomah. (1/4 of Light Pro class dq'ed for fuel) June 27, 2021 02:13PM
Hmmm
What is NTPA’s fuel rule anyway? I guess I was under the impression they did away with the fuel rule….

Page 34 says diesel fuel up to B20 will be tested using dielectric measurements between 2.2 and 8.5 for B100 tested with hydrometer with temperature correction between 27.5 and 28.9

Re: Controversy @ Tomah. (1/4 of Light Pro class dq'ed for fuel) June 27, 2021 02:23PM
Insert eye roll here

Re: Controversy @ Tomah. (1/4 of Light Pro class dq'ed for fuel) June 27, 2021 03:12PM
Why? Aren't the base of them different yet designed to do the same thing?

Methanol and ethanol are very different base, but designed to do the same thing. If the test has to be the same and it is you drink them, which one is going to meet the spec?

I'm being facetious, but the point stands.

CP

Re: Controversy @ Tomah. (1/4 of Light Pro class dq'ed for fuel) June 27, 2021 05:26PM
Two of the guys pull region 3.

Re: Controversy @ Tomah. (1/4 of Light Pro class dq'ed for fuel) June 29, 2021 02:44AM
This issue has been around for awhile. The refusal to deal with it fairly and rightly has gotten us here.
Right out of the gate. All organizations say no oxygenators. If your running Colberg or power mist which most are , it’s in there. It’s not the Bio making power. It’s the ability to hide it. That makes it so wicked.
Second The same people that wanted the G trim rule in cause of cost. ( not saying good or bad about the rule) are now spending 70+ dollars a gallon for fuel. Not sure why no one trying to save cost there.
Third when you go to the fuel pump. There is a sticker that says no less than 40 Cetane. Where did 100 or 150 come from?
Four. If there is going to be a limit. Set it, and enforce it and let the manufacturers blend it to our specs. not us continually changing to met them.
Five I don’t think any of the guys that got caught was trying to put one over on his buddy. It just has gotten out of hand and not absolutely dealt with once and for all.

Re: Controversy @ Tomah. (1/4 of Light Pro class dq'ed for fuel) June 29, 2021 06:11AM
Can kicker
This issue has been around for awhile. The refusal to deal with it fairly and rightly has gotten us here.
Right out of the gate. All organizations say no oxygenators. If your running Colberg or power mist which most are , it’s in there. It’s not the Bio making power. It’s the ability to hide it. That makes it so wicked.
Second The same people that wanted the G trim rule in cause of cost. ( not saying good or bad about the rule) are now spending 70+ dollars a gallon for fuel. Not sure why no one trying to save cost there.
Third when you go to the fuel pump. There is a sticker that says no less than 40 Cetane. Where did 100 or 150 come from?
Four. If there is going to be a limit. Set it, and enforce it and let the manufacturers blend it to our specs. not us continually changing to met them.
Five I don’t think any of the guys that got caught was trying to put one over on his buddy. It just has gotten out of hand and not absolutely dealt with once and for all.

As one of the competitors that was DQ'd for a fuel violation at Tomah I'm going to warn you to be careful of your assumptions of oxygenators and other funny stuff being in the fuel. Before you start this crap you could at least find out what really happened. And I sure as heck don't have $70 a gallon into my fuel, not even close.

Let me start by saying I'm glad they are testing. Maybe that's hard for you to believe since we got DQ'd because of it but I am happy to see that it's being checked. We aren't trying to pull any funny business, it was an honest mistake and it won't happen again. We run a blend of farm fuel and VP diesel. If I had thought for a minute it wasn't legal, I would have had it checked before hand. Looking at it now, we should have just for the sake of knowing.

The only reason the VP gets blended in is for start ability. We tested 100% VP on the dyno this winter and there is no big power gain but it does allow me to get by on a single can of ether for the whole season vs a case or 2.

If anyone wants to know more, come find me at a pull. I've got nothing to hide so ask all the questions you want.

Brandon Besser

Re: Controversy @ Tomah. (1/4 of Light Pro class dq'ed for fuel) June 29, 2021 06:20AM
Brandon, that is precisely my point VP is a purposely blended spec fuel used by 2 national organizations and yet illegal in one. But then in that same one you can mix something much more potent and be legal but you’ll get immediately tossed in the other two. Epic levels of playground protection here

Re: Controversy @ Tomah. (1/4 of Light Pro class dq'ed for fuel) June 29, 2021 07:37AM
Checking Cetane levels is stupid and Disqualification of it is absurd, when the real problem is Oxygenators! Get the sniffers out and if they test high have there oil tested and boot them for 5 years if positive!

Re: Controversy @ Tomah. (1/4 of Light Pro class dq'ed for fuel) June 29, 2021 08:47AM
Brandon B.
I in no way meant to offend you. If I did I apologize. I did not say you was running oxygenators in your fuel. I also don’t feel that most if not all was trying to get away with something. If you look at my statement. I believe what I said was if you run other fuels. It has oxygenators in it. 3 and 4 of my post was about the VP fuel. I also know it doesn’t make the power that colbergs does. Number 5 of my post I also said I don’t think anyone meant to have this happen. Again the limits and letting stuff slide has gotten out of control.

Re: Controversy @ Tomah. (1/4 of Light Pro class dq'ed for fuel) June 30, 2021 01:55PM
How come we never hear of Illegal Fuel DQ for the PS & SSD classes? Are they not being fuel tested by the techies?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,678, Posts: 229,780, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason