Please help me find a tractor November 06, 2013 04:55AM
Hi everyone, I'm back, Thanks for your responses in the past, I thought I had found Daryl Richeson's 460 pulling tractor from Woden Iowa, but after receiveing pictures of it, I am not sure. Someone has responded to my ad metioning the Driesens. Yes, Eddie, Arlo, and Lyle were very good friends of Daryls, and I remember seeing them at all the pulls. I am going to throw out a few more names from that era, that I remember being around at the pulls in order to maybe help jar someones memory on here.

We pulled with the Brabeks, Driesens, Lloyd somebody ( i think his tractor was called Lil Ollie), Wayne Longnecker, Ernie Ropp, Esden Lange, Banter Brother Brown, and Orange, John Hileman, The Weaver Brothers from Garner Iowa, ( Battle Ax pickup), Jack Simon ( Cockshutt, I think)

Feel free to respond, no info will be wasted.

Thanks again,
Shane Hillenga

Re: Please help me find a tractor November 06, 2013 06:45AM
The Oliver guy was Lloyd Hughes from just north of Ames.
Tom Stensland his neighbor pulled a IH lss back in the day also.
Both have left us.
Chuck Johnston from eastern Ia. Also pulled an IH lss.
Glenn Frese had Darryl's tractor, and he would be happy to let you know who bought it from him. He may even know who the current owner is.

Re: Please help me find a tractor November 06, 2013 07:31AM
Does anyone know Glenns' contact info??

Re: Please help me find a tractor November 06, 2013 05:26PM
Battle Ax is back to being a 4wd. Did it in my shop for Glen Mikel of Des Moines.
Glen also has their old trailer. Kinda neat putting some history back together.
Glen even let me drive it this summer. Has a blown hemi in it, and is a trip to drive!
He pulls mostly MPA and IaMo.
As an asside, Glen also bought most of Ron Headley's hemi stuff.
When he acquired that, the family still had the tractor chassis.

Re: Please help me find a tractor November 06, 2013 02:32PM
I bought it from Glen a number of years ago. The engine was sold and went to Michigan. The chassis was sold this spring and is going to have a diesel put in it. Should be ready for next season.

Re: Please help me find a tractor November 06, 2013 04:01PM
I don't know what happened to barbec's tractors, heard jack's cockshutt went to Mo. Now has new tins, also heard Driesen still have there tractor, don't know the status on it. Weavers truck I don't know but he still has the trailer Around the yard. Wayne is still pulling, making crazy horsepower out of a Rolls-Royce.

Re: Please help me find a tractor November 07, 2013 05:35AM
Hey gpopper, do you know who has it now??

Re: Please help me find a tractor November 07, 2013 12:10AM
Brabecs 180 The Country Dude was sold to Henry Walski in WI then to Jay Lerbs In MN. Heard Jay sold it to a guy in WI that is putting 426 on diesel in it and going to run LSS again. The Imposter I believe was sold to Bill Hurt and where it is now I have no idea.

Re: Please help me find a tractor November 07, 2013 01:59PM
Yes Brabecs 180 is in Wisconsin, I got to see it over the summer, its getting a 426 was what I was told. Hirts never had the impostor though, the guy that has the country dude knew where it is I guess, sounded like he was going to pursue it at some point.

Re: Please help me find a tractor November 10, 2013 08:03AM
thinking Dave Valentine out of Michigan bought it , no idea where at now

Re: Please help me find a tractor January 30, 2014 06:54AM
yep he has the dude and has his sights locked on the impostor

Re: Please help me find a tractor January 30, 2014 12:37PM
Where is the Imposter right now?

Re: Please help me find a tractor November 10, 2013 10:20AM
I thought I had heard one time on here that Jack Simons Cockshutt went to the Meints family out of Nebraska and they had put White tin on it and it was called Diggin It. Pretty sure the limited pro stock Smokin Wied out of Missouri is the old Iron Elk Chassis. I also heard Ron Headley's kid has the Betty's Headache chassis still sitting in the shed. When I worked for an after market tractor parts warehouse, I had to count parts one day with an auditor out of Sioux Falls and when the conversation turned to tractor pulling he asked me if I knew his uncle Lyle Jackson. When I told him Lyle Jackson and the Redball Express Pro Stock 986 oh yeah I remember him, back in the day he and David Rood use to dabble in the diesel super stock class and gave them boys a run for their money, he was pretty shocked I knew that. So I asked whatever happened to the tractor he said the chassis and everything is still sitting in his shed. I know he wasn't mentioned earlier just thought it was another interesting piece of Iowa tractor pulling history. I think Ed Driesen's grandson Lucas of Alcester South Dakota has Silver Streak sitting in his shed but not 100% sure on that. Does anybody know what happened to Chuck Johnston's light super I think he had 86 series hoods on it? Larry Moffatt from Akron, IA. told me a story long time ago in Hinton some young kid showed up in cut off jean shorts and a mop of a haircut walked up and down the track, later went out and kicked some major tail and everybody went home wondering who Esdon Lehn was. Early eighties I thought he said. Man those definately where the good ol days of pulling. One finally question does anybody know what where the Revenuer and High Plains Raider are at?

Re: Please help me find a tractor November 11, 2013 02:44AM
90% sure High Plains Raider is still on the farm in central Nebraska.

Re: Please help me find a tractor January 31, 2014 12:47AM
Tom Stensland tractor ended up in mo. I believe its Roy and Gary Warrens. 8 Second Ride tractor now.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,724, Posts: 229,854, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,084, Posts: 225,979.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro