Addition to Bowling Green schedule? May 15, 2022 01:32PM
The National Legends series has BG on the calendar. Are they going to be sitting in the museum, or will some of them hook to the sled also?

Anyone have info on how this will work this year?

Re: Addition to Bowling Green schedule? May 15, 2022 10:49PM
Leave them in the museum.

Re: Addition to Bowling Green schedule? May 16, 2022 03:27AM
It was incredibly cool to watch them pull at the 50th BG pull a couple years back. I believe they started the last session an hour earlier and let the legends make an exhibition pull. It was a neat thing to see, especially as a 25 year old who wasn't around in the 80s to see some of the creative ideas go down the track. Yes I've seen videos and I've seen the machines in the museum but seeing them go down the track was a neat experience.

Re: Addition to Bowling Green schedule? May 18, 2022 09:28AM
I like seeing them pull too. Seen them at BG`s 50th as well, was pretty cool to see. I watch many of them in my youth and saw the mod class go to 7 blown engines for a time. Hope they have them again at BG.

Re: Addition to Bowling Green schedule? May 18, 2022 12:27PM
I'm gonna get crucified for this post I'm sure.
Every time I've seen the legends live,or watched on youtube,I see a complete rout of the show by mike otts tractor.the other mods I've seen struggle severely to make a pass to 250 ft,then mike goes 400 easily.most of the mods are 5 to 6000 lb trs and should have a sled setting accordingly to let everyone go 300 ft

Re: Addition to Bowling Green schedule? May 22, 2022 03:22PM
patches
I'm gonna get crucified for this post I'm sure.
Every time I've seen the legends live,or watched on youtube,I see a complete rout of the show by mike otts tractor.the other mods I've seen struggle severely to make a pass to 250 ft,then mike goes 400 easily.most of the mods are 5 to 6000 lb trs and should have a sled setting accordingly to let everyone go 300 ft

They aren’t competing with each other. They are pulling for fun. The gap should let you see how the tech changed when it was figured out how to run a multitude of engines.
I’ve been told they are hooking at BG but when and how many is unknown. My guess would be before noon sessions start Fri and Sat.

Re: Addition to Bowling Green schedule? May 23, 2022 03:20PM
I doubt the gap in the fun pull is much fun..

Re: Addition to Bowling Green schedule? May 24, 2022 01:23AM
Ask any of the guys associated with the NTPL and they will all tell you they are having an absolute riot doing this.

CP

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,844, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,971.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro