Oliver?Waukesha work? December 17, 2013 07:22AM
ok, I bought a 77 last winter with a bad motor, crank has been stroked an inch and bored out over 4 inches. the block is cracked between all cylinders like a typical Waukesha but I do have a virgin block to use that is not cracked. I would like to have new turned cap rods made, find a good full skirt piston, ductile iron sleeves made and have some head work done. Im in north central IA and have already talked to a couple of machine shops and they dont really want to take on the project so my question is, is there someone in this region that is very knowledgeable on Oliver/Waukesha blocks that can do some of my machine work? I dont want to have to drive half way across the country to find someone. willing to travel a little just not 2 days to get there kinda thing.

thanks,

Re: Oliver?Waukesha work? December 17, 2013 07:58AM
Give me a call, I can give you a local guy here that does work on them. He is out of central WI.

Eric

Re: Oliver?Waukesha work? December 18, 2013 05:59AM
Call Jeff 507-273-1068 He has done alot of this and they run good! He lives in north Iowa.

Re: Oliver?Waukesha work? December 18, 2013 06:55AM
Give Larry a call, they do great work. They are located in Carroll Iowa at the NAPA store. Demers performance & machine. 712-792-4381

Nick Paulson
Paulson Performance Machining
Ogden, Iowa
ppmengineering@live.com
(515) 491-4270
www.paulsonperformance.com
www.facebook.com/paulsonperformancemachining

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,673, Posts: 229,771, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,944.

Our newest member Jason