Throttle handle with button for TA February 24, 2014 07:58AM
anyone out there make a throttle handle with a push button in the top of it to control the TA?
Thanks.

Re: Throttle handle with button for TA February 24, 2014 12:27PM
get a hurst pistol grip shifter handle with the the line lock button on the top it works well you just have to hold the button in to shift up and then release the button to downshift

Re: Throttle handle with button for TA February 24, 2014 12:31PM
I use a dimmer switch on the floor between the clutch and the brakes. It's worked really well for me.

Re: Throttle handle with button for TA February 24, 2014 01:37PM
I use the Hurst T handle.

Re: Throttle handle with button for TA February 25, 2014 04:02AM
OK...so if I get a Hurst with the momentary button I want to make sure I understand how this will work with the electric TA shift silenoid. With a momentary button the circut is closed so no power to the silenoid...right? Push of the button opens the circuit which will activate the silenoid and shift the TA into HIGH side. I will not have to hold the button to keep the TA in HIGH side will I? Then pushing the button again activates the silenoid again resulting in TA in LOW side. I've not ordered the electric shift kit yet...so maybe I'm not understanding how it will work exactly. I'm just not sure I like the idea of having to hold the thumb down the entire time you want the TA in HIGH side. Also..for you guys that have the electric TA kits....where do you tap into to get hydraulic pressure?

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2014 04:03AM by fulldraw68.

Re: Throttle handle with button for TA February 25, 2014 04:22AM
circuit will be open until you push the button which will complete the circuit and shift to high side. You will have to hold button down to remain in high side. Then when you want to downshift simply release the button.

you can tap in to the bottom plug of the mcv for pressure to the electric shift

Re: Throttle handle with button for TA February 25, 2014 04:37AM
You could have AAR build your motor and you wouldn't need a TA, just a good clutch and a lot of traction!

Re: Throttle handle with button for TA February 25, 2014 04:43AM
I use a dimmer switch too but I made a mounting bracket and mounted it to my roll cage so I can shift it by hand. I mounted it on the same side as the originial shifter so i still have to use my left hand to shift it and it feels normal. I tried it on the floor board first but I spent a lot of hooks patting to floor board trying to find it with my foot! I believe if u use the hurst shifter with the button u will have to hold the button down the entire time u want to be in the high side of the ta. As far as the ta electric shift kit I would buy it from Jeff at allied precision it come with instructions! I had already remove my hydrulic clutch assist so I use the ports that were originally used to supply the clutch assist with hydrulic pressure.

Re: Throttle handle with button for TA February 25, 2014 10:06AM
We set one up on my friends 1066 and all we did was make a handle out of a piece of flat stock bent the top over for a handle then drilled a hole in the side were it felt comfortable to get to with your thumb put in a toggle switch with a short end on it hooked the wiring up and taped it down the side of the handle when the switch is up it's in high when you flip it down back in low very easy and works excellent

Re: Throttle handle with button for TA February 25, 2014 12:43PM
I used a handle out of a N6 gleaner combine. It originally had a 3 position switch, but you can swap it with the header engage switch. So all you have to do is flip the switch no need to hold it.

Re: Throttle handle with button for TA February 26, 2014 01:38AM
Thanks for all the info. I think I'll go with the toggle or on/off rocker switch. I just don't like the idea of having to hold down the momentary switch all the time I want the TA in high.

Re: Throttle handle with button for TA February 26, 2014 04:32AM
My throttle handle is a piece of 1" square tubing with a 45 degree mandrel bend at bottom. I mounted a plain toggle switch in the to at an angle so it was comfortable to hit with my thumb. Had it setup when I was running an air ta shift.

Re: Throttle handle with button for TA February 26, 2014 12:05PM
Use a handle out of a hydro combine and find a two way switch .. it works excellent

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520