john deere wet clutch February 25, 2014 02:17PM
I was needing some info on where to get a 5 disc clutch set up at. Took to dealer an didn t hold. They wasn t familiar with what I was doin with the hubs welded together. Would like to know of anywhere in southern ky or middle tenn that was experienced. Thanks for any help!

Re: john deere wet clutch February 26, 2014 02:24PM
you looking for main perma clutch or the quad range hi/lo i can probly help if you let me know which

Re: john deere wet clutch February 27, 2014 02:56AM
What were you running?? 4 disk with the welded hubs and Mod to the hydraulic activation?? or just a 2 disk??

Re: john deere wet clutch February 27, 2014 07:05AM
i run welded hub and 4 disc with mod to control valve and 220 psi rusch make parts to make it 5 disc and sfi certified

Re: john deere wet clutch February 27, 2014 10:24AM
JD tech.. Sorry.. I was directing that toward Risky..
I'm not sure, but if Kenny's pulling parts might have something also.. (Might be closer than rusch, but I know they have the parts.). You could also try messaging KTA on here, he's done a bunch and would be close to you..

Re: john deere wet clutch February 27, 2014 01:21PM
The main clutch is was I was asking about.I was running a 3 disc an have welded hub up an made a 5 disc now. Just don t think I got a good job setting it up at dealer. Had a 180 psi but slipped it on 2nd pass.

Re: john deere wet clutch February 28, 2014 01:39AM
How did you modify your oil flow.. there are a couple of different ways to get the oil to the PTO clutch.. You can Modify the valve.. or remove part of the lube reduction valve.. you just have to plug off some of the ports..

Re: john deere wet clutch February 28, 2014 02:36PM
Well it was a last min deal an all I done was tied up pto lever but have got it all apart now an goin to fix lube valve.

Re: john deere wet clutch February 28, 2014 04:30PM
If you didn't change the oil flow.. you should have had to engage the PTO lever at the same time as you engage the foot pedal.. or very soon after...
When you remove the bottom half of the lube reduction valve.. Just make sure you plug off the PTO Brake, and PTO supply at the cross over tubes or very close.. (at the tubes is usually the easiest.) I'd leave the shaft in to help support the PTO hub, but some dont...
I have had friends have the dealer set them up without any issues...

Re: john deere wet clutch March 01, 2014 01:00PM
Ok thanks, An what shaft u talking about leaving in for support

Re: john deere wet clutch March 01, 2014 04:41PM
The shaft that the PTO hub drives.. I've seen the inside of the PTO hub cut out on some.. It's not a must do, just nice to have the extra support of the hub.. Most likely you'll have the rest of the PTO gutted so it's not turning anything..

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,718, Posts: 229,835, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,968.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro