Needing help with an A pump.....Please March 15, 2014 06:50AM
I need help with an A pump going on to a IH DT466. The pump is a PES6A from a 1370 case. Who or where makes the mounting plate and gear for this change? New or used would work. I was told the backing plate would work of off truck motor. The pump has a much smaller bolt pattern. And no way will the truck gear work. Pump has much smaller shaft. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. Donnie

Re: Needing help with an A pump.....Please March 15, 2014 08:05AM
if my memory serves me correctly ih uses a right hand rotation pump ,the one off of a case is left hand rotation

Re: Needing help with an A pump.....Please March 15, 2014 09:08AM
Actually, case A pumps are mirror lobe cams, they can run either direction, just make sure the lines are hooked , correct, cam firing order is different then deere pump

Re: Needing help with an A pump.....Please March 15, 2014 10:31AM
I think you guys are missing it... He doesnt have the right stuff to put the pump on. You need a truck cover and gear that had a m&w pump or a pump. Then everything bolts up. And yes that pump is a 9.5mm pump that can be ran either direction. Cross lines 2&3 then 4&5.

Re: Needing help with an A pump.....Please March 15, 2014 02:37PM
You need the adapter plate & pump drive gear off of an IH DT/DTA360 engine, from like a schoolbus or mid-sized Navistar truck, like a 4300 or 4900. Navistar put a lot of A pumps on the DT/DTA360 engine.

Re: Needing help with an A pump.....Please March 15, 2014 08:53PM
Here comes the truck parts again! Only way to make an IH run = cheating truck parts

Re: Needing help with an A pump.....Please March 16, 2014 12:58AM
OK for the truck part cheater guy you can just get the cover and gear off of a combine motor or like a 5488 too I'm sorry to let you down Mr cheating truck parts.

Re: Needing help with an A pump.....Please March 16, 2014 02:01AM
I have the 360 truck parts if u need them. Mark @ 402-337-1982

Re: Needing help with an A pump.....Please March 16, 2014 02:30AM
Thanks for the help everyone. Mark i'll be getting a hold of you. Thanks

Re: Needing help with an A pump.....Please March 16, 2014 02:58AM
How are these truck parts cheating? What advantage does it allow over any other tractor with an inline pump?

Re: Needing help with an A pump.....Please March 16, 2014 11:57AM
I'm sure all the parts everyone uses in their SF, SS, DSS are available over the counter from JD, CNH, Ford, Agco,, etc.******

Re: Needing help with an A pump.....Please March 17, 2014 12:55AM
red and green parts are so available you can get them at walmart.

and how are using truck parts cheating?

if truck parts have an advanatge then jonh deer sould never win none there engines came in trucks

you should just take a stock DT466 outta a truck and whoop everyones buttock

Re: Needing help with an A pump.....Please March 19, 2014 12:53AM
How many different mounting plates does IH have? Im in need of the one that has the studs that are center to center 2 inch apart for the side ones. This bolt pattern makes a perfect rectangle. The case pump PES6A.....that i have has the smaller foot print. From what ive been told, i need the plate, hub, and gear from a DT360. Can anybody help? Thanks Donnie

Re: Needing help with an A pump.....Please March 19, 2014 10:34AM
Donnie, I am not much of an IH man but If you cant find a plate, I have some that are cast solid and could be machined and drilled to mount about any pump. A local class used to run roosamaster pumps and these castings were made to mount roosamaster pumps on a 466. I could do the machining for you if you gave me the dimensions on your pump. I am no help for the gear. Although If you can find one from a truck that will work with your pump, it would probably be cheaper for you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2014 10:41AM by J&R Machine.

Re: Needing help with an A pump.....Please March 19, 2014 02:01PM
Redaintdead
How many different mounting plates does IH have? Im in need of the one that has the studs that are center to center 2 inch apart for the side ones. This bolt pattern makes a perfect rectangle. The case pump PES6A.....that i have has the smaller foot print. From what ive been told, i need the plate, hub, and gear from a DT360. Can anybody help? Thanks Donnie
When it comes to inline pumps on a IH 300 or 400 series, there were two mounting plates from factory, one for the Bosch A pump, and one for the Bosch MW pump. The ones for the A pump were on the DT/DTA360 engines 99% of the time. I don't believe IH ever used them on any of the 400 series engines. The ones used on the IH 400 series were for the Bosch MW inline pumps, these have the bigger mounting hole & the studs are based further apart. The Bosch MW & a P pump share the same bolt/mounting pattern, so the guys wanting to run a P pump on a 466 want the MW plate/gear. The guys wanting to run an A pump on a 466 want the DT360 plate/gear.

Re: Needing help with an A pump.....Please March 19, 2014 03:25PM
Some A pumps need the plate from a truck 360 and some the plate from a truck 466. I have both types.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009