5.9 cummins help March 22, 2014 01:28PM
need help I have a 94 dodge with 5.9 cummins haven't started it in over year and now i cant get it to run it wants to fire but wont sometimes runs for a second or so it has twin turbos 5x18 injectors open del valves and no plate in pump took off fuel shut off solenoid on pump any one have any ideas?

Re: 5.9 cummins help March 22, 2014 01:53PM
gelled/bad fuel or plugged fuel filter? Is fuel supply pump working?

Re: 5.9 cummins help March 23, 2014 01:00AM
Did you crack fuel lines and turn over to make sure you are getting fuel to all injectors? Might double check all 4010 said.

Re: 5.9 cummins help March 23, 2014 01:20AM
I'd say you better check to make sure the rack isn't stuck. Sounds like most of the plungers are stuck, but one or two may be moving up and down to pump fuel, but with others stuck, none will rotate to allow the governor to regulate fuel delivery. Be glad it won't start!

Re: 5.9 cummins help March 23, 2014 06:22AM
I checked rack it moves and im glade it wouldn't start if it was stuck. that's why im stumped I checked all those things and nothing

Re: 5.9 cummins help March 23, 2014 02:23PM
Lots of ether!

Re: 5.9 cummins help March 23, 2014 11:53PM
sounds lile a fuel issue. Did you try to run it on eather? I just had a similar problem with a truck used every day. Turnes out to be sucking air from a rubber hose on the stock fuel pump assy.

Re: 5.9 cummins help March 23, 2014 11:25PM
take a SMALL amount of kerosene and spray in the intake, it is a longshot but your rings may have collapsed in the piston and the kerosene will swell them out, have u run a compression test on the pistons if you have fuel but no compression it ain't gonna run.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,748, Posts: 229,892, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,995.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM