Chrome plating March 31, 2014 04:46PM
Anyone have some suggestions in the Midwest that can chrome some parts?

Have a few small pieces I thought would look better chromed.

Thanks.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Chrome plating March 31, 2014 09:15PM
chromemasters in nashville, tn.

high dollar, but u get what you pay for.

Re: Chrome plating March 31, 2014 11:17PM
There is a place in Sioux City. Can't remember the name though

Re: Chrome plating March 31, 2014 11:39PM
Adam, Sioux Plating in Sioux City or Chrome Reflections in Des Moines. Reflections did my Center Pieces on my 10 they did a real nice job, still look good 6 yrs later, 515-265-5041

Re: Chrome plating April 01, 2014 03:52AM
We've used Precision Plating out of Quincy IL, great work, reasonable price, 4 week turnaround last time I sent parts there a couple years ago, highly recommend, 217-223-6590

Re: Chrome plating April 01, 2014 05:25AM
I would go with precision plating. Very good work and good to work with!

Re: Chrome plating April 01, 2014 07:25AM
AIH in Dubuque does all our chrome contact Steve 800-782-8235

Re: Chrome plating April 01, 2014 01:34PM
Lance Fleming
AIH in Dubuque does all our chrome contact Steve 800-782-8235

Steve did all of our chrome last winter nice guy and quick turn around

Re: Chrome plating April 01, 2014 07:30AM
Place in St. Paul MN but don't remember their name but know they have done a bunch of pullers in the area like randy and Eddie lefebvre also Thompson's /knolls sf.

Re: Chrome plating April 01, 2014 09:54AM
How's the tractor coming along AV ? Anxious to see it with some paint on it!

Re: Chrome plating April 01, 2014 12:11PM
just starting to go back together.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Chrome plating April 02, 2014 03:50AM
or someone out of the kindness of their heart may answer that question for him. not everyone has to be a d*&* " bad medicine".. have you ever thought maybe some people dont like calling just to ask prices and bug people? it may be easier to just ask on here........

Re: Chrome plating April 02, 2014 04:33AM
OK tell him and me what will it cost? Do you send out parts without checking on price or turnaround time? That's something that can't be found without checking with builder or supplier, if you do fine, I don't. Adam had several good recommendations, and I'm sure he will check first with them before sending anything, anywhere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2014 04:42AM by Bad Medicine.

Re: Chrome plating April 02, 2014 04:56AM
no i dont have a price list nor do i know. but it never hurts to ask someone on here before calling somewhere. but i dont care about parts more so about the idea of you being a rude a$$ to him on here....

Re: Chrome plating April 02, 2014 09:59AM
I didn't mean to be rude to him, sorry if it came out that way. I'm like a lot of other people on here, you can get a lot of good info, but sometimes it's better to phone because there are times that for every answer you get, you also get one disputing that answer, 6 of one half dozen of the other.

Re: Chrome plating April 01, 2014 02:55PM
Just had frame panels chromed on our tractor and industrial plating in omaha ne did it but also called Sioux plating in Sioux city. Both places had around 4 week turnaround but Sioux plating was going to be half as much. Very satisfied with the work industrial plating did as well

Eric

Re: Chrome plating April 01, 2014 05:07PM
Any of these places do plain old aluminized exhaust tubing. like you get at NAPA ? A local place told me it can't be chromed.

Re: Chrome plating April 01, 2014 10:56PM
Call one of these places and find out for yourself. wouldn't that be as easy as asking on here ? That way you could also get a price.

Re: Chrome plating April 02, 2014 04:36AM
Thank you "or" Not that I'm being lazy, but it took 3 calls to the local place & they still didn't seem 100% sure it wouldn't work. Since it was on subject just thought I'd ask, but anyhow, it' s nice to give one the key boarders a chance to be clever.

Re: Chrome plating April 02, 2014 12:10PM
My experience is that they are a little reluctant to do tubing because the chrome doesn't stick inside the tubing as well and the flaky pieces that don't stick while in the tanks contaminates there tanks and ends up like dust in paint, they have to run there tanks and filter really well after chroming tubing so they aren't crazy about the time it takes for one job

Re: Chrome plating April 03, 2014 04:24AM
If it don't go chrome it!

Re: Chrome plating April 03, 2014 07:36AM
I had aluminized exhaust piping chromed. I made some parts cleaned it all up with a flap disc and sent it to get chromed in st louis. Looks great and has held up so far after 3 yrs

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,846, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,973.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro