My Opinion "An open and honest discussion about the NTPA" August 26, 2014 01:51PM
A couple weeks ago I wrote an article about the five “stake holders” in pulling. Today I think we really need to take a hard look at one of the “stake holders”.

Today I want to talk about the NTPA, while I think that there is many good things about the NTPA the fact remains that there are problems with the organization. I think it's time to have an open and honest discussion on the problems with the organization. I feel fairly confident that within the hierarchy of the NTPA they believer that, IF, there is a problem it's just a blip on the radar. They will say it's just an OFF year for certain of their Grand National classes. However I am having a hard time believing that line of thinking anymore. I believe that if you take a look at their precommitted numbers

link to Opinion article. "An open and honest discussion about the NTPA"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2014 02:50PM by Dick Morgan.

Re: My Opinion "An open and honest discussion about the NTPA" September 01, 2014 03:11PM
As a life long pulling fan I am sick and tired of the NTPA. After going to Tomah this year for the 35th time I have vowed to never go back. Thursday night was fan appreciation night. For my appreciation I got to spend $22 to get in, $4 for a beer and watch 7 heavy supers!! The greed inside the NTPA is sickening. The Colonel of the local army base has broken off all ties with the pull because the ntpa keeps taking more of a cut from the army's concession stand and says that it isn't worth their time anymore. Who gouges a local army base? The purse is a complete joke and the Schrieir family just keeps counting money. I also noticed that they made the local pull at Norwalk a 2 day pull this year to try and pull fans away from the lucas pull at Hillsboro. How do you think the fans felt that went to Norwalk on Friday night to watch 19 tractors for $14? 19 total hooks for 14 bucks. There is a reason that Badger State and Lucas are rolling right along in Wisconsin. That reason is the ntpa's insane greed. We could also talk about the time Larry Roberts wanted to donate more money to the Tomah purse, but the ntpa wanted a cut before the pullers would got any. NTPA=GREED. period.

Re: My Opinion "An open and honest discussion about the NTPA" September 02, 2014 02:16AM
I think you forgot to mention the fact that the hook count on Friday in Norwalk was because of a sled malfunction. They only got a class and a half in before a differential went out of the weight box transfer on the sled.

Re: My Opinion "An open and honest discussion about the NTPA" September 02, 2014 01:59PM
Before you type a bunch of BS, you better put the facts on black and white. The commander from Ft. Mccoy and Volk Field were at the pull in Tomah. The non profits make between $120,000 and $130,000 most years. They make more than the Monroe Cty Ag. Society. The books are public record if you would like to go over them, I would go over them with you and who ever else that would like to see them.

If everyone would work as hard as the Schreier family to promote fairs and pulls we would have many more good truck and tractor pulls. MCAS has a complete board that handles the fair and the pull. Since the start of the tractor pull MCAS has spent 1.5 dollars on improving the fair grounds.

As far as Norwalk goes you have to blame the Norwalk Lions Club. This past year was our 48 th year on this weekend. (never been rained out) This is our 4 th year of having Friday night. We do not have a problem with the Hillsboro Pull.We have our show and they have there's. So please state the facts and only the facts, no more BS. The Norwalk Lions spends all of there profits on Lions International, village park, local schools and students.

Norwalk Lions Club
Bill Degenhardt

Re: My Opinion "An open and honest discussion about the NTPA" September 05, 2014 01:24PM
I agree there needs to be changes to the ntpa don't get me wrong I still support ntpa but it needs improvement. Growing up I always dreamed of pulling ntpa cause I thought they were the best the Cadillac of pulling ya know. I joined ntpa a few years ago and couldn't be more disappointed. I am from Midwest and have pulled with ecitpa, tri state, and outlaws. The ntpa is my least favorite to pull with thus far. They cost most to join and hook with and shows are most stretched out and slow which I know is promoters responsibility to move things along etc. Some of there rules are kinda of questionable too like having to be there an hour early to tech every show for a person like me that work two jobs and has to travel it isn't always possible just one of many rules I think are silly. Also feel very unappreciated when we show up to events not much comradery either. I do not get that feeling with any other club I've pulled with they are usually happy to see another competitor. It's actually to the point were I have ntpa hooks within 50 miles of me and Ill go pull 100 miles away on same night with another organization because it's a lot funner and laid back atmosphere. Just my two cents and I know a lot of people will bash what I just said but I'm just being honest. I will continue to support ntpa but I just hope some things or attitude changes for the pullers sake.

Re: My Opinion "An open and honest discussion about the NTPA" September 07, 2014 03:53AM
Norwalk has had the same weekend every year for a lot longer then don has had his pull. Norwalk has never changed anything to mess with dons pull. Don changed his pull to the weekend that norwalk had. The only way for this sport to grow is to work together. If the ntpa, Dave, Tomah, and Norwalk are that horrible they will not last and you will not have to worry about them any more. Don has a very very nice pull!!! They do a great job. But to say Norwalk is controlled by Dave to push out don is a joke. Wish everyone would just get along and stop the lies and drama.

Re: My Opinion "An open and honest discussion about the NTPA" September 07, 2014 01:19PM
From a fan's standpoint I'd have to agree with a lot of what was said about Tomah. Just too expensive for the show you get the last few years. And they cut classes again this year. Add some more trucks (just my opinion) and balance the shows out more. Either way, most if not all the NTPA shows I went to this year were so down in numbers it just wasn't worth it. Lucas Oil must be doing something right. To me it doesn't matter who is behind the show, just get things fixed in the great pulling state of Wisconsin and lets get back to enjoying some pulling.

Matt

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009