Bush and outlaw merging??? September 08, 2014 03:34AM
Heard a lot of rumors about the two clubs going together??

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 08, 2014 05:04AM
About time they coming together. Good for everyone from both associations.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 08, 2014 05:10AM
So whats the deal is this about the Mod meeting that was asked about a few days ago on here be good to know some facts rather than usual rumors thanks

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 08, 2014 05:39AM
This meeting is talk from Doug and a Q@A meeting only, pertaining to all classes, no decision one way or another yet, as I have been told. Darin

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 08, 2014 03:13PM
PLEASE NO!!!!

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 08, 2014 03:27PM
As someone who has pulled with both clubs but for only a short time, I feel that this would be benifical to both clubs. Nebraska bush looses their super farm class whenever there is an Outlaw hook on the same night, for the most part. Also there are times when the outlaws could use a few more light and unlimited supers and mods. Nebraska bush has both. Very interested to see how this turns out.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2014 01:36PM by bclark.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 08, 2014 04:12PM
Bush does not run any heavey supers only light supers an unlimited lights, and there mod classes are two different setups.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 09, 2014 02:28AM
Look at all the help they got from PPL at the Bush pulls. ZERO!!!! Matter of fact PPL took some of the Bush pulls. Does not take a rocket scientist to figure out who they should be working with.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 09, 2014 07:17AM
We have pulled with both groups in the past and enjoyed both , But with 2 different insurance policys , we just pull outlaws now that they don't share the same insurance , And from a outsider looking in it looks like PPL used the bush to get pulls further west, If they work with outlaws again we will support the pulls we can !

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 09, 2014 12:37PM
If bush were to split their points money 8 places in each class no matter how many hooks the attended they would likely get $1200 for 1st place and then on down subtract their high cost ppl membership the 4th place points taker would essentially break even on their membership dues. The contingency money is only helping out a few selected pullers who refuse to spend money on their tractor to become more competitive with other groups caliber(there is a few exceptions). So I think they should do away with being a member state of ppl and go back to the old $50 membership and outlaw compatible insurance and use hook fees for the points fund along with any local sponsorship contingency money. By doing this you will get more local support from "fence jumpers" and still be an independent STATE pulling organization that gives promotors the ability to co sanction with a few outlaw classes when it works and don't try to book 18 pulls a summer.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 09, 2014 01:51PM
Rumor i hear is the bushies are restless and calling for the meeting. King Dougie wants the mod class too. He will add it if he wants no matter the outcome. Don't see how it leaves the rest of bush out in the cold. The 3diesel trucks already pull outlaw. Light supers and unlimited can pull outlaw and we all saw that SuperFarm prefer to pull Outlaw. Only ones left out are the 3000 guys that saved bushes a$$ at more than a few pulls this summer. I can't blame the promoters with being pissed and looking at other groups. Look at the cost of bush after ppl and the number of tractors. Can't blame bush for wanting to dump ppl after they start picking up bush pulls for the great western series either.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 09, 2014 02:42PM
U just answered yourself! Outlaws is already overbooked why would u feel the need to gain more? U need 70-80 hooks a year? U need the mod class cause your big mods are sick of running 3 seasons worth of pulls a year?

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 10, 2014 02:12AM
Ya only reason outlaw went to a "box" turbo was for all 20 plus superfarm guys have to buy a certain turbo to benefit the guy building them same goes for lps and Prostock

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 09, 2014 07:40PM
I agree if bush an outlaw join nebraska bush will be no more an ever one will be stuck running his pocket padding stupid rules. Leave bush the way it is. If they leave ppl that's fine too nebraska bush is a state organization anyways. Outlaw has more events than they need. Outlaw would maybe be a good organization to join if the pullers actually got to have a say the rules. My .03

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 09, 2014 08:44PM
Like bush pullers get to run the rules they want. Think not, just ask the super farm guys.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 10, 2014 01:39AM
outlaws doesn't have a superfarm class anymore. superfarms are limited to a 3x3 turbo period end of story. outlaws has a limited limited pro stock class now.
To further break it down you have: light limited pro, limited limited pro, limited pro, and heavy limited pro. quit the superfarm this and that you don't have it anymore, 4 limited pro stock classes is what you have to offer.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 10, 2014 01:43AM
I like that.....Limited Limited Pro!

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 10, 2014 05:31AM
Well technically all 4 classes fit into ntpa's description of a "pro stock" tractor, outlaws can name them what they like after all it is their version of a pro stock , it's not a law that they have to have intercoolers and unlimited turbos to be called a pro stock .

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 10, 2014 07:17AM
Well technically you are correct. One could take a 4020 put a turbo on it,back the rpm screw out of the pump, add the necessary safety equipment and call it a "prostock". Really wouldn't fit the bill but hey call it what you want. So technically speaking would an ntpa tractor fitting the ntpa's description of prostock to include their superfarm or limited pro tractors be able to come run with outlaws since they fit the same description?

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 10, 2014 07:44AM
Give it a break. Better yet get a spade and dig some worms and go fishing. Take a break from pulling the rest of the day

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 10, 2014 01:58AM
Who cares what they call the class when they get 15 to 20 at each event. Matter of fact the 2014 bush champion runs with outlaws too. They all have that turbo, so what is the problem. Should the outlaw super farms go back to the old 3 in 3 out or stay as is and have the best super farm class in the country. Opp's let the slip I meant to say Limited Limited Limited Pro Stock Tractor class

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 10, 2014 03:30AM
The answer is yes if you want to have a superfarm class. go back to a 3x3 you will have the same number of pullers in the class, you can run the same turbo at Gordyville, NFMS etc save your pullers money on extra turbo and dyno time to dial in 2 setups. Those that don't want to do this can jump to 4.1 class. This also allows pullers from other areas to come hook with you as well further benefiting your show. See simple economics and common sense at work. It can be so easy why make it so hard?

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 09, 2014 11:49AM
Well the way I see it ....................... IF there is this "pull together" as you call it ................. Ne Bush will be no more. Doug will take what he wants from the Bush program and the rest will go to the curb leaving nothing for the group to survive with.

1 Why does Ne Bush "need" Outlaws? I dont think they do (my opinion) Outlaws schedule on top of Ne Bush hooks it seems like on purpose to take the superfarms away on that night. The rest of the Bush tractors dont really fit the Outlaw classes so this seems one sided to me.

2 Why does Outlaws "need" Ne Bush? Doug wants the Mod class because Bush has 8 per night average. Pretty strong class top to bottom so thats the draw on that class for him . The rest ? Superfarm falls right in their class and the rest are out to dry.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 09, 2014 12:19PM
Outlaws in 3 months has 52 events with over 70 sessions of pulling so not any weekends left. They have a lot of double pulls on Fridays and Saturdays with themselves, plus most Thursday and I think they had at least one pull on each day of the week. So more than likely they will be on top of some bush pulls. So you think Outlaws should cancel the pulls they have on top bush even though some of them have been happening on same date for over 15 to 20 years.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 12, 2014 11:57PM
When is the meeting. We would like to have to two groups at our pull if they can work something out. From the schedule on the outlaw site it looks like they would be available that day at our fair.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 15, 2014 11:49PM
Heard at pull this weekend that Nebraska Bush rejected Outlaw offer and decided to stay with PPL. Any truth to this and why was some Bush pullers at Leonardville that hadn't hooked with Outlaws this year.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 16, 2014 02:54AM
Heard the same thing, basically ran Doug out of the building. Seems pretty dumb to me to stay with ppl after they took all of your premier events ie. mound city, unionville ect. And stand there with a smile on your face as they do it because they are writing that sponsorship check. How long before the winter pull in lincolin is a ppl event? I'm not sure what the outlaws were offering but it had to be better then what ppl is doing now. What about the tractor count, if bush hadn't added the 3000rpm class there would be an average of 15 tractors at each event, what is ppl doing to help that? And that is over 6 classes! Working with the outlaws could of elimated the scheduling overlaps so both organizations would benefit. Oh well in five years we won't be asking what's wrong with the bush organization we will be asking what happened to them.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 16, 2014 03:05AM
I wlll say this is the last year for bush. They will not have 10 events this year when PPL and now Outlaws gets more pulls of there's. Promoters are smarter than that and might as well save money and get Ne Power Pullers since there main class is 3000 rpm 20.8 class.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 16, 2014 03:45AM
What is the reason the pullers don't pull bush when there is no outlaw hooks that night? All the tractors are legal. I seen some outlaw 4.1's in Unionville. Y don't superfarm guys pull are they scared of getting beat by a possible 466? Just seems like a lot of crying to me.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 16, 2014 05:09AM
Just a couple of notes from me on this subject.

1. The Nebraska Power Pullers do not have a 3000 RPM class as "bye bye" indicated above. We have a 466 3x4 Limited Pro-Stock class (unlimited RPM and 24.5 tires). The Outlaw LLP's would be able to pull in this class as would any 640 3x3 Super Farms. Some 3000 RPM guys came to our meeting last spring and I told them that I would let them pull provided they had full safety equipment, paid membership, and paid insurance but I wouldn't start a class for them without seeing the numbers. We did not have any 3000 RPM tractors this year as part of our show. We did allow other groups to put on a 3000 RPM class at Denison, IA, Mo Valley, IA, and Wahoo, NE but they were not pulling with the NPPA.

2. Personally, I was hoping that Bush would reconsider their PPL association. They have lost some events to the new PPL series but this is offset by the work that they have done to bring in some new events like the Eagle, NE, Byers, CO, and Beebeetown, IA, the members are forced to buy two different insurances if they choose to pull with both Outlaw/NPPA/NeTTPA/Heartland and Bush, and they have made it hard to co-sanction with any of the other groups that are local to them without charging the promoter for two insurance policies.

I look forward to see where the next year or two takes the sport of Truck and Tractor pulling in the state of Nebraska.

Chris Vanatta
NPPA President
president@nepowerpullers.com
www.nepowerpullers.com
www.facebook.com/nepowerpullers

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 16, 2014 06:10AM
That about sums it up. Ne Power pullers would not have the class that Bush offers. How times have changed as Nebraska Bush Pulling Association is the now the brush pulling league in Nebraska.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 16, 2014 03:06AM
Maybe they just didn't like what doug had to offer. Oops if you pull you can easily hook with outlaws or if you spectate you can easily catch as many outlaw events as you can stand to go to. I know you are looking through rose colored glasses but your side of the fence does its fair share of taking too.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 16, 2014 09:34AM
This is what Doug handed out at meeting.

Nebraska Bush Pullers Association

I have been contacted the last few weeks from some NBPA members that want to try to work out something with OTTPA so we can work together on truck and tractor pulling in the Midwest. I thank you for considering OTTPA to work with and hopefully we can work something out since we have so many members that hook with both associations. In the last 2 weeks I have researched what we could do to make this happen and appreciate the opportunity to meet with you.

I got all the enclosed information off the NBPA & PPL websites. When I looked at the results for NBPA there are basically 13 events with 14 sessions (Byers twice) of pulling that took all or most of the 6 basic classes (SF,LSS,MOD,LP, USS,DP) that NBPA offers. All this pulling except for Byers happens in one month from Diller, NE on July 2nd to Bloomfield, NE on August 9th. From your website I got the dates, results, etc. to get the class averages. I did not count the invitational pull in Lincoln, King City (2 classes only), Eagle was cancelled and Mound City only had 1 class to get a fair average. I also looked at the PPL website to get dates, results, etc. from not only the Western Series but also Silver Series and Champions Tour. Probably the biggest surprise to me was that when I compared dates with NBPA and PPL (Western, Silver & Champion) only 1 weekend on July 25 & 26 was there a conflict of dates (Leigh & Osceola/ Platte City). Some of the classes you have the same as PPL like USS, LSS they also are struggled with numbers, but they averaged 17 Limited Pro tractors from a low of 10 at McLouth to a high of 26 at Mound City. In the Diesel Pickup class they averaged 11 from a low of 6 at Owensville to a high of 27 at Platte City. At this same time NBPA averaged 3 Limited Pro tractors and 2.5 Diesel Pickups. Where was your help from PPL, because 12 out of your 13 events were not a conflict of dates. The other surprise was there were 5 open dates with OTTPA and your average did not go up at those events except for Super Farms at Wayne & Scribner. This tells me it is about rules with OTTPA as we have 5 out of 6 classes the same.
Your website also has the past years schedule and results from 2010 till now and you are now down to 13 events this year which is the lowest shown on your website. Over the years you have lost the following events for different reasons from the promoter going with different association to not having a pull anymore (Pickell, Tripp, Gibbon, Weeping Water, McCool Junction, Pattonsburg, Arlington, Beatrice, Leonardsville). This past year alone you lost 6 events (Falls City, Seward, Wahoo, Unionville, Bedford, Mound City-every class year before). Three of these events were to PPL and heard they also did not work with you to make Eagle, NE happen. On the positive side you had 3 new events in Harlan, Bloomfield and Byers.

When I look at your schedule with almost all of June and August open dates you could do a lot of co sanctioning with OTTPA. Events like Ravenna, Falls City, Arlington, David City, Gibbon, Onawa, Hinton, Sac City, Concord, Moville, Weeping Water, Dunlap, Wisner, Nebraska State Fair and Leonardville. Most if not all are not a conflict of dates.

OTTPA is not asking NBPA to join us as you need to keep your own identity. You do need to get the same insurance and run the same rules as OTTPA so we can work together. OTTPA could use your help at some of these events and not only with vehicles, but also help from tech to entry. Hopefully we can work together to help each other when there is a conflict of dates and help each other when we have open dates. This will be good not only for the competitors from both associations, but also the biggest winners will be the promoters and fans. When I look at the NBPA averages from last year I think working together we can help improve them. You averaged 28 vehicles per event from a low of 24 at Diller to a high of 39 at Wayne. Note that Diller was on top of David City and Wayne was an open date with OTTPA and had 14 SF and 6 USS which was a high for both classes. The 2014 NBPA class averages were SF-6.3, LSS-5, MOD-7.3, LP-3, USS-4.6, DP-2.5. The biggest NBPA class was the 3000 RPM class that averaged 9.4 tractors and at some events was between 25 to 30 percent of the total show.

From a glance at next year’s scheduling there will be maybe 3 established NBPA events we can bring the big screen too and also at the winter pull in Lincoln.

Thanks, Doug

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 16, 2014 12:50PM
Glad to finally see what Doug had to say in the letter. Thanks for posting. As a puller I can see where there could be a couple different interpretations of this letter. I'm guessing nbpa is reading it as "I want you to give up the money lucas gives you, then pay an additional fee for insurance and were going to take your 5 pulls that are open dates on our calendar and take your mod class and leave every other town out to dry." What every other person reading the letter sees "We need to try and work to get the same rules and insurance so there is one membership fee and we can co sanction the events that are open and if rules and ins are the same than pullers can choose which event to go to on dates that are already booked on outlaw calendar." All I can say is wow, way to go nbpa members who voted on this one. PPL has already taken your best events now outlaw will continue to go after the others.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 16, 2014 01:07PM
This is what I gathered from his letter
OTTPA - Doug offered to Nebraska Bush Pullers:
Co-sanction any Outlaw event with Bush in Nebraska and some in edge of Iowa & Kansas.
Bush members pay insurance only and didn’t have to join Outlaws like they have to join PPL.
Help Bush out at some of their events with a class or two.
Work on moving dates around to stay off of each other on same day in Nebraska.
Bush would go from 13 events to over 28 events including Wisner & Nebraska State Fair.
Bush purse with 6 classes was $114,000 this year and would go to over $280,000 next year.
Bush gain about 30 new members if have same insurance and rules as Outlaws.
Get to use big screen at 3 or 4 established Bush events.
All Bush pullers get on NBC Sports at Ravenna & Wisner.
Outlaws had 2 or 3 members wanting to build for Bush mod class and adding that class next year at some OTTPA events.
Bush points champion gets automatic bid to Western Farm Show to be on NBC Sports.
Work together on sponsorship packages.

PPL – Kurt offered to Nebraska Bush Pullers:
To help out Bush events more this year with Western & Silver series classes.

End of the day bush won't get enough support from Missouri tractors

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 16, 2014 01:41PM
Can somebody tell me how many members of nbpi were at the meeting with Doug? Out of those members that attended how many were also outlaw members? I for one know neither my brother or I was invited or notified of such meeting. Maybe there's a reason for that and I know it's not because we're not bush members.

Eric Clark

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 18, 2014 03:09AM
You would think they would have contacted all members and voted on this. Most bylaws in any club or organization has that rule in place. Maybe they are going to call a special meeting for a vote at the pull this Saturday.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 18, 2014 04:08PM
When have they ever stuck with a discussion there general menbers agree on? Its happens time and time again members want and vote for one thing and power at the wheel do as they please or as there good ol boy wants. So why are pullers not showing up and pulls dropping.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 19, 2014 12:12PM
Pretty sure you are talking about the wrong group. Totally diff that only gets to run what the "chief D" says is ok with his agenda. All the rules meetings I have been to with Ne Bush with the exception of the meeting last Nov and only pertained to the superfarm/466 class and was about fuel. I dont pull SF and dont ever plan on it BUT why does anyone have to line someones pockets with overpriced fuel and water? There are a few guys running B100 (not just Decks) and from where I stand it looked like the fence jumpers wanted those guys (Decks) out or atleast pissed off so they would pull or whatever their agenda . However ........ in that little snare were more than Decks and they were more than likely going to loose a fair amount of tractor. SO with that Po had to use executive power and for the sake of trying NOT to loose any tractors he stamped the rule to be JUST LIKE IT WAS the previous year. Everyone ran the season on the old rules and were fine so why did they need to attempt to change it anyway. Not broke dont fix it Pretty simple.

When you look at Ne Bush thru the years , the class that seems to have problems/fighting/whining/cheating whatever is superfarm. Maybe the answer is adopt a new class and not have superfarm anymore.

I KNOW I KNOW That started a fire LOL

Everyone wants ONLY whats good for them as an individual and NOT whats good for the sport/organization/class yes in that order.

As you are turning red with anger that I could say such a thing .............. take breath ......... and actually think about yourself and situation. Are your thoughts and aspirations selfish intent or do you REALLY care about the group/groups you are part of.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 20, 2014 05:52AM
$4875??

Winnings from last year.

Should be able to buy a good tractor for that evidently along with the hauler and fuel and repairs.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 20, 2014 01:22PM
An example of some of the true class shown by at least one of the super farmers in question would be elk horns new sticker posted on Facebook. It certainly lends some merit to your solution......

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 16, 2014 01:11PM
The only time I have seen the Nebraska Bush Pullers Inc. (NBPI) called the Nebraska Bush Pullers Association (NBPA)
is in the letter from Doug Roberts, so it kind of makes you wonder who creates some of these posts- guess it could just be "My mistake". Smiling

Anyway, everyone is welcome to their opinion so I guess I am allowed also. Everyone knows that the haters are going to hate no matter what.
None of us wants to see another organization have a bad event, if you do then that's on you not me. I can only speak for myself but not everything
you read on the internet or even on paper is fact!!

If you think it is easy to put together a schedule, go to all the meetings, early to pulls, late leaving pulls, try to answer all the phone calls, try to find
dedicated help (which NBPI has), keep everyone happy (which will never happen), work with and understand the requirements of the promoters,
members, pullers, non-members, fans, etc, THEN MAYBE EVERYONE SHOULD TRY BEING A PRESIDENT OF ANY ORGANIZATION!!Winking

NBPI is a state group trying to put on the best show we can. If we want to complain about numbers at a pull, anyone can go to any given organizations
results and find low numbers. There are lots of circumstances and explanations for each situation. Sorry we can't make everyone happy but some may
have to deal with it. Also, just for future reference: Constructive criticism and positive suggestions may be received better!!

It would be nice if we could all deal with these matters in an adult manner and maybe even sign our names!!

Thanks to the Morgans!!

Les Pomajzl

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 16, 2014 01:16PM
Go ahead bash bush all you want.
Fact of the matter is for the past few years you've been saying this is bushes last year, and they still continue to pull, and still continue to do financially great. 13 to 18 hooks a years works wonderfully. If I were to have to follow 50 events a year I wouldn't be pulling with the association. I have a life and a job..

Why don't some outlaw pullers hook with bush on open dates? Does miracle owner have something over your head that your scared to? Are you afraid of getting beat? Don't tell me it's because you don't want to have to buy to different insurance packages because you already travel all over kingdom kum to pull outlaw, so I'm guessing you can afford another insurance policy. If miracle owner has something over your head that's real easy to fix become a member of bush as you will become a part owner where nobody hangs anything over anyone's head. Is the big screen a must to pull? Sounds like a bunch of wanna be famous tractor pullers. My tractor nor myself needs to be on a big screen to be a good running tractor puller. Why is there a 2 year in a row outlaw points champion that has pulled for over 35 years now pull rarely with outlaw and is a faithful member of bush? Along with a previous board member of outlaw that never pulls with outlaw now and is a faithful member of bush.

As you say there's no help from ppl. You act like in one year they're suppose to bring you to the top? Give it time.
Byers co. Brand new event at a place that hasn't held any kind of event since the 70s. Friday got rained out. They decided they would move Fridays event to Sunday for money only. Both nights weren't any kind of big crowd. But still everyone came home with double prize money from each night.... No questions asked.
Comparing that to sturgis where there already is a crowd there. It takes 1800 people to make the pull work 900 for bills & 900 for puller money. Beings you took less then a fourth of your association what does it take to pay both with a full numbered event?

To oops. Don't go bragging one what Doug offered to the bush you have no idea what he offered.. Seems to me if the merge woulda been a better deal then what ppl had in mind they woulda merged . Kinda seems like common sense to me.

I like né bush. The pullers are very friendly and willing to help anyone out. They always pay and have good checks. And they're a member owned group so I can also have a say. No spare money is pocketed by anyone. And they have the best insurance you can buy. That's why I'm a member

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 16, 2014 04:46PM
Well, Dave Bennett and I were at Masters Entertainment in Bristol, TN today working on the upcoming Outlaw shows to be on Velocity Channel in 2 weeks. Dave is doing the voice over will I am working on editing making sure the names match the vehicles and stuff like that. We head back home tomorrow afternoon and I got online tonight in the hotel room and saw all the stuff on here about NTPA rules and Nebraska Bush. So while at hotel room I finally got registered after about an hour of trying to figure this process out. I now will be able to post Outlaw posters and other info on this site. As far as Nebraska Bush pullers go I was asked by some members to try and put something together and I did. Want to thank Gary Remmers for putting that meeting together and furnishing us a place to meet in his shop. Outlaws does not have a lot to gain working with Nebraska Bush, but with some members pulling both ways it is always better to work together than against each other. At the meeting I presented what we had to offer and could do to help Nebraska Bush as their numbers are down and they are losing events. With sponsorship packages needing to go out next week I needed to know by this coming Saturday if they were going to go with Outlaws or stay with PPL. Gary called me the next day and said they decided to stay with PPL and that is fine and no ill feelings toward anyone on my part. I didn’t think they would vote that night as not many people at the meeting. Enclosed if I can figure out how to post them are the maps showing where Outlaws, PPL and Ne Bush events are. As I said at the meeting PPL is using Nebraska Bush to show a presence in the Midwest for sponsorship purposes only and not providing Bush or their promoters any support with the events. This is where I think Outlaws could have helped Ne Bush. When Nebraska Bush loses an event to the Western or Silver PPL series it is still a dot on PPL’s map, just not a dot on Bush’s map anymore. Outlaws has as many dots in Nebraska as Bush and not as important as it is to PPL, but would have been nice to show a dozen more events when presenting sponsorship packages to potential sponsors. I think if Nebraska Bush had co sanctioned some Outlaw events and showed 25 events and the big screen at about 15 of these events they could have raised more sponsorship money on their own than what they are getting from PPL. This is just my opinion but some day PPL will have enough dots in Nebraska and will not need Nebraska Bush and it will go something like this. “Well after working with you for 5 years you have not grown and with not many events or members it is not working out and we are not going to sponsor you anymore” As I said in the meeting three 2014 Nebraska Bush promoters have contacted me about having an Outlaw event in 2015 and if the date fits we will try to work them in. If we don’t, PPL will, it as simple as that. We were at Leonardville, KS this past weekend and what a great facility they have. The promoter said they had Nebraska Bush last year and had a total of 17 vehicles. We should both be going there next year, but I respect your decision and will leave it at that. Thanks, Doug
Attachments:
open | download - OTTPA Map.pdf (217.3 KB)
open | download - PPL Map.pdf (219.7 KB)
open | download - NBPA Map.pdf (219.4 KB)

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 17, 2014 12:56AM
Nebraska Bush hasn't been in Leonardville since the 2012 season according to the web site they had 22 hooks that night, That is only 2 hooks less than you guys had at the Ks state fair and 8 hooks less than you had Leonardville this year. But it was another dot on YOUR map keep the horn tooting!

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 17, 2014 01:24AM
Outlaws put on great pull at Leonardville and hope they come back as that was best pull we have ever had. Lot of breakage and 5 or 6 couldn't go to state fair. They did add diesel pickups at fair and biggest crowd there in years.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 18, 2014 03:13PM
My grandad would have said this is when two fools met. One for offering that much and two for tuning that down. Doug must be getting soft in his old age for even offering to help Bush as not much to gain for Outlaws. The biggest fool by far has to be Bush members for voting to turn it down. How many clubs a cross the country would like to have the opportunity that Bush got offered. This will go down in history as the dumbest move in pulling.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 18, 2014 04:19PM
NO horse in this race but from they way it looks I dont think Outlaws should try an work with them it will hurt Outlaws show with these guys showing up an not no what end of tractor to hook to the sled. Wow tell me they cant be that ........well never mind just sad to watch.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 18, 2014 07:18PM
I don't think it will hurt outlaw pull as 5 out of the 6 bush classes are the same as outlaws and the 6 class is the new class outlaws is adding. Some of the 5 classes are the same on rules and some have slight differences. Most of the loyal bush pullers have and still hook some with outlaws. Some are past outlaw champions that do not want to travel as much as it takes with outlaws but could pick up some nice pulls close to home if they co sanction with outlaws. Not counting more money, big screen and being on TV. Kind of a no brainer to go with outlaws. Most of these pulls that bush has left can't afford to pay more and the ones that can will end up with outlaws or PPL will turn in to Western Series classes that bush doesn't have and take bush mods only for some noise. PPL Western Seiers might take some of the others and put in the cheap classes like 95 Pro Farms & 85 Limited Pros or 4x4 Pro Stock pickups for noise. Bush does not offering any of these classes but these classes are cheap enough to do these pulls. Time will tell which as the best way for bush to go but PPL took pulls last year from bush and didn't help at the others. That is fact.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 20, 2014 01:16AM
I joined Nebraska Bush Pullers this year for the first time. I personally have my own reasons for joining bush and not outlaw everyone has their own reasons. We pull local fairs in front of my friends and neighbors, I get a payback check, I pull with very friendly people I don't have to make 40 hooks are year. I am building another tractor to pull with them for next year. I think Po is doing a good job. Outlaw does not have the classes for my tractors. I think outlaw and Doug do a great job also. We all have our own reasons for pulling where we do, we don't need to bash the other organization because of our own preference. I hope Bush stays the way it is now it will be a very enjoyable pulling season next year for me. Mark Korth

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 24, 2014 02:50AM
To Bush eater

Actor ,Booger Movie "Revenge of the nerds" We've got bush .

quoted in later movies not shure.

80's Kid

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 18, 2014 07:49PM
You never know someday all you bush haters and outlaw lovers may eat your words and pull bush or ppl because old Doug sold out and left you all high n dry. Time will tell....

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? September 18, 2014 08:23PM
Kurt & company started that rumor last year when they were trying to get outlaw pullers to hook with new Western Sieres they were starting. Doug set that straight in his letter that the Outlaw membership will get first chance when that day comes. Better yet where will PPL be if Lucas Oil pulls out. Done!

Spell check September 19, 2014 12:28AM
Series is spelled SERIES. Thank you

Re: Spell check September 19, 2014 01:07AM
Thanks all for your concern, if you are truly upset with outcome of this sign your name. Attached is the flyer for the BeeBeetown Iowa sounds like it is going to be a good show, chance for rain in the morn clearing off in the after noon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2014 01:07AM by brianfuhr.

Re: Spell check September 19, 2014 02:38AM
In 2014 Basket Case / Arlin Pomajzl will finish as the 2014 Nebraska Bush Pullers Champion if he just shows up at the last event and will get about $2500 from PPL and also won roughly $5000 in purse money from events. This is not counting what PPL gives him at pulls for working. With that kind of money it will be hard for him to ever decide against PPL in favor of OTTPA. I think he will put his own tractor in front of what is best for the club. With Outlaws having about 7 or 8 in this class now and 2 news tractors plus Wiens 2 tractors coming out next year at co-sanctioned events with OTTPA he will hardly ever get any check at the events. Basket Case for sure would not win the points race with either association if some of these outlaw tractors join Bush if they are working with Outlaws . See for yourself from the money, pull and place he finished this year so far.
$250 – Diller, 5th place (next to last)
$350 - Harlan, 3rd place (last)
$350 – Columbus, 3rd place (last)
$350 - Crete, 3rd place (last)
$350 – Pierce, 3rd place (last)
$300 - Hastings, 4th place (next to last)
$375 – Wayne, 2nd place (Outlaw tractor won by 57 feet)
$375 - Leigh, 2nd place (next night a different Outlaw tractor won by 50 feet)
$300 – Osceola, 4th place (next to last)
$425 - Scribner, 1st place (out of 5 tractors with two tractors not USS)
$375 – West Point, 2nd place (beat by Cornhusker Deere by 30 feet)
$375 - Bloomfield, 2nd place (next to last)
$350 – Byers, 3rd place (beat by Little Temptation by 90 feet)
$350 - Byers, 3rd place (beat by Big Temptation by 37 feet)
This is why promoters are not booking Bush pulls when they have to pay $1150 for 15 minutes of entertainment when 3 tractors show up. As you see with very few tractors at Bush events he was guaranteed at least $250 if he showed up. He does not want more tractors. Now you see the problem.

Re: Spell check September 19, 2014 03:14AM

Re: Spell check September 19, 2014 06:24AM
Looks like good payout, no wonder there will be more tractors pulling in that class next year. Just another reason to leave outlaws.

Re: Spell check September 19, 2014 08:09AM
Wish I was famous. .....lol.. next thing you know you'll have the paparazzi chasing you..

Re: Spell check September 19, 2014 08:21AM
Been that way for 3 years and not more tractors but less events

Re: Spell check September 19, 2014 07:43AM
Looks like I have a stalker!! Smiling

Re: Spell check September 19, 2014 08:42AM
Dollar sucking bug
In 2014 Basket Case / Arlin Pomajzl will finish as the 2014 Nebraska Bush Pullers Champion if he just shows up at the last event and will get about $2500 from PPL and also won roughly $5000 in purse money from events. This is not counting what PPL gives him at pulls for working. With that kind of money it will be hard for him to ever decide against PPL in favor of OTTPA. I think he will put his own tractor in front of what is best for the club. With Outlaws having about 7 or 8 in this class now and 2 news tractors plus Wiens 2 tractors coming out next year at co-sanctioned events with OTTPA he will hardly ever get any check at the events. Basket Case for sure would not win the points race with either association if some of these outlaw tractors join Bush if they are working with Outlaws . See for yourself from the money, pull and place he finished this year so far.
$250 – Diller, 5th place (next to last)
$350 - Harlan, 3rd place (last)
$350 – Columbus, 3rd place (last)
$350 - Crete, 3rd place (last)
$350 – Pierce, 3rd place (last)
$300 - Hastings, 4th place (next to last)
$375 – Wayne, 2nd place (Outlaw tractor won by 57 feet)
$375 - Leigh, 2nd place (next night a different Outlaw tractor won by 50 feet)
$300 – Osceola, 4th place (next to last)
$425 - Scribner, 1st place (out of 5 tractors with two tractors not USS)
$375 – West Point, 2nd place (beat by Cornhusker Deere by 30 feet)
$375 - Bloomfield, 2nd place (next to last)
$350 – Byers, 3rd place (beat by Little Temptation by 90 feet)
$350 - Byers, 3rd place (beat by Big Temptation by 37 feet)
This is why promoters are not booking Bush pulls when they have to pay $1150 for 15 minutes of entertainment when 3 tractors show up. As you see with very few tractors at Bush events he was guaranteed at least $250 if he showed up. He does not want more tractors. Now you see the problem.

People like you are the reason tractor pulling is destined to retain a redneck image. Your statistical approach seems familiar but maybe a coincidence, although the admins know....

Po is the president of bush, he pulls an alcohol unlimited super stock tractor. He supports these events, inherently he collects a check by doing so. That's what all tractor pullers try to do, help pay for their hobby a little bit seems logical. It's not scandalous or even underhanded that he do so. There are not really a ton of true unlilmited light supers around out here in the west. Outlaws doesn't even have a "true unlimited light super class" it has a light super class, ask Mike Novinger. Every one has a choice as to where they go pull and who they pull with. if outlaws works for you so be it but if you want to point out the fact that someone took home a check because there werent enough numbers in the class to prevent it or because they have an official title they run competition off is asinine.

So my advice to you is get a life, worry about yourself and go watch whatever type of pulling you enjoy and call it a good time.

Re: Spell check September 19, 2014 04:36PM
Like burger on American pie said ( we got bush) baker get a life & go sell you tractors somewhere else !

Re: movie reference September 24, 2014 02:56AM
Booger was the actor
Revenge of the nerds movie mid 80's

We've got Bush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

80's Kid

Re: Spell check September 19, 2014 12:21PM
If its so easy build ....... or buy a tractor and you too could be the next USS champion for 2015 Smiling The way you put it sounds like a snap AND would really bring home the "bacon"

The payout is pretty good all things considered

Re: Spell check September 21, 2014 01:25PM
We all have different reasons for pulling with the associations that we choose. I joined the Nebraska Bush pullers this year for the first time for several reasons. Most of their members are very friendly and willing to help a new Puller, most of their pulls are close to my home, we are able to bring home a paycheck most nights, they have classes that fit my tractors that outlaw does not, they have good safety rules and tech crews to keep them all safe. Nebraska bush takes care of some small town fairs that outlaw would not be able to. Outlaw has a very busy schedule, I am happy to pull 10 or 12 times a season. Outlaw has a great Association, I have nothing bad to say about them. Doug does a good job. You can be happy with the association you're with and not have to bash someone else. Bush definitely has their fit I hope they continue the way they are. No they don't have a big screen or 100 hooks per night but they put on a good three hour show for a lot of people who don't want to travel far to see that kind of tractors. My opinion, Bush keep up the good work thank you for what you are doing. I hope to have another tractor to pull with them next year. Mark Korth

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? August 08, 2017 04:24PM
I have enjoyed hooking with the Outlaws and have been treated very well from the pullers , to the ladies doing books, to the tech crew and all the fans. Ottpa has been a great experience for me and my family and we have loved every minute of it. From what I see, everything is running smoothly and the future is bright. To all the negative post on here I have one suggestion: Post Your Real Name so you can Stand Behind Your Comment!! In Texas We Say Nut Up Or Shut Up!! Nuff Said!!

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? August 02, 2017 06:06AM
Interesting how things have changed

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? August 07, 2017 10:05AM
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with some of the changed coming, if they work out. but i could be wrong too. Time will only tell where kurt takes it.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? August 08, 2017 12:50PM
Around the pits it is a big if. Most everyone hopes it works out and as long as the checks cash, pullers will keep coming. Most are concerned what changes are coming at the banquet and hope nothing changes on rules or Kurt tries to force sponsors down our throats. What pulls will Outlaws have next year and maybe it will work out as they have of team of about 5 to do what Doug did. As far as Kurt most hope he stays out of everything and can work on paying off the debt or outlaws will be gone. Not much confidence in him. Time will tell and some are talking about hooking elsewhere next year. Have to see what banquet, purse, points fund and schedule looks like for 2018.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? August 08, 2017 01:58PM
From what I've heard he has four people on the team working for less then he was paying Doug I'd say that's pretty genius plus they won't all be on vacation at the same time plus don't know who you're talking to in the pits But the sentiment around the OTTPA pit is everybody's excited about the future and the changes that are being made

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? August 08, 2017 02:26PM
Being you are a fan and not a puller says it all. You get what you pay for and Doug did more for Outlaws than he got paid. If you were a puller and read the letter you would no were the wasted money was paid. I hope things work out and from what I heard so does Doug and he plans on hooking with Outlaws next year.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? August 08, 2017 04:36PM
Doug has broken a lot of ground in the pulling world. We pulled a lot of pulls with him over the years.

I have heard good things at the pulls and talking to some of those team members they want to continue a lot of those things Doug started.

Outlaws will be fine, some differences, but fine.

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? August 09, 2017 12:20AM
I saw on Facebook where Doug is building a new John Deere tractor for the light Super Stock class. Can't wait to see the Barnyard Beast back out and on top. This class needs some help and he always thought outside the box on all his tractors he built. Has anyone seen any pictures yet?

Re: Bush and outlaw merging??? August 02, 2017 08:31AM
With Outlaws change of leadership look for it to change even more than it has this first year. NTPA and PPL is all that's going to be left for big time pulling.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009