best 4.1? September 08, 2014 10:57AM
Who is making best 4.1 turbo? Looking for best reliability. Ball bearing billet wheel. Let's hear some opinions this class is getting bigger.

Re: best 4.1? September 08, 2014 11:24AM
Harts

Re: best 4.1? September 08, 2014 11:54AM
Harts! Harts! A places in new york castners performence
dyno proves it trust me!!!!!!!!!!

Re: best 4.1? September 08, 2014 12:19PM
He can make the Dyno read whatever the customer wants. Also chances are he is buying the turbo from somebody like harts. You want proof go to the track. Isn't that were it counts. I don't see people getting prize money or point checks from a Dyno sheet.

Re: best 4.1? September 08, 2014 11:51PM
Can you read? He simply said he used someones dyno and compared a Harts with others and the Harts came out on top

Re: best 4.1? September 09, 2014 12:23PM
Castners does do a very good turbo not as good as harts but whats 30hp when it last twice as long its still making 50 more then cds
the best 4.1 in the country is that 6030 REAL DEERE dont knw who they are but man it kicks ass

Re: best 4.1? September 09, 2014 02:33PM
Real Deere runs well but the best 4.1s in the country reside out west ;-)

Re: best 4.1? September 08, 2014 02:03PM
That is true dyno numbers don't mean squat if you can't make the Hp get to the track or turbo only last a few runs. I'm looking for turbo proven reliability yes turbos fail but with so many 4.1 tractors where is the best ones coming from. What about cds? Any others?

Re: best 4.1? September 08, 2014 02:28PM
Well why not ask doug Ruth or tony McDonald,, they by far are the toughest tractors in the country, I can't tell you for a fact 1 of them has a harts charger and I'm pretty sure Ruth's 2 tractors do as well

Re: best 4.1? September 08, 2014 03:35PM
Pretty sure all of the top 10 PPL 4.1s are running Harts. Most are running the Harts pump also. Results speak for themselves.

Re: best 4.1? September 09, 2014 02:25AM
Ruth's didn't have harts stuff on at gordyville when we talked to them.maybe they might not but didn't then.

Re: best 4.1? September 09, 2014 12:24AM
What about G-Force?

Re: best 4.1? September 09, 2014 08:41AM
there is no substitute for harts and he stands behind his stuff

Re: best 4.1? September 09, 2014 10:25AM
Harts is by the best 4.1 charger out there! Ruths have harts turbos, as well as Mcdonald! Results speak for themselves, why dont you do your homework?

Re: best 4.1? September 09, 2014 11:37AM
Are you sure BOTH Ruth tractors have hart turbos? I know one does, but idk about the other one. And "sully" how is your tractor coming along?

Re: best 4.1? September 09, 2014 01:10PM
Hart does currently have the best performing turbo on the market. One of best as far as stands behind his product out there. Will admit there is a small durability issue, but has plans how to fix it over winter.

Re: best 4.1? September 09, 2014 07:28PM
What are people's opinion on the outlaw 4.1? Non ball bearing and cast wheel an still cost over 5k. How does outlaw get soo many people to buy such a crppy charger? Are these making big Hp and staying together?

Re: best 4.1? September 09, 2014 02:02PM
Might want to check around, pretty sure there is more power out there than harts.

Re: best 4.1? September 09, 2014 01:55PM
You say harts stands behind it give me a example.because that's not what I'm getting !

Re: best 4.1? September 09, 2014 02:37PM
Dont know what problems your having but the only complaint i have is he can be very slow. But he is very good and has alot of business. We had a turbo that we damaged that was completely our fault and hart worked with us better than most would.

to ? and are you sure September 09, 2014 02:54PM
What the hell difference does it make if I have a limited pro and harts stood behind john kutz`s turbo that blew at mackville. I know this cuz his wife told me so. any other questions. I love how you chickens cant post your name. grow some balls. -Gary Sullivan If you want to call me I will put my number down too

Re: to ? and are you sure September 09, 2014 03:25PM
If I want to save some money and have a turbo that will last then what should I look for?

Re: to ? and are you sure September 09, 2014 03:46PM
Don't mean to sound like a smart a$$ but "save money and will last" don't normally go together at this level. Buy a Harts, they will take care of you.

Re: to ? and are you sure September 10, 2014 12:54AM
I agree Harts is very good in the 4.1 class. For example I blew a turbo thursday night in gordyville at the end of the run which it took out my air shut off as well and I was back on the track saturday night and was treated as good as i could have ever imagined.

Re: to ? and are you sure September 10, 2014 01:03AM
Hey sully did you read my response I just ask for examples . P.S I don't understand your response did you have the turbo break or is it some buddy else's ??

Re: to ? and are you sure September 10, 2014 01:33AM
I'm sure Harts turbos and people are very good. But Columbus diesel stood behind my turbo not once but twice.

Re: best 4.1? September 10, 2014 10:48AM
There are some stout 4.1 tractors running hart chargers that can't get close to the ruthless tractor.
I think the haulin Allis is part of that group also. Looks like to me those guys make hart chargers look really good.

Re: best 4.1? September 10, 2014 11:10AM
Depending on your name or how much you spend with harts decides which turbo you get. I highly doubt the front guys have the same turbo as the guys further back.

Re: best 4.1? September 10, 2014 01:53PM
Thanks Mo 4.1 fan!!!

Re: best 4.1? September 10, 2014 02:33PM
Im pretty sure when ruth was running hyper chargers he was back! Nothing against his motor builders, they are good builders. It just takes it all to make power and be top of the line.

Re: best 4.1? September 11, 2014 03:05AM
Hey "Open your Eyes"! You Should take your own advise. I believe Ruth has only spent enough money with Harts to get two turbos, while McDonald bought an entire tractor. All that "Well Spent" money didn't seem to be enough. How much do you HAVE to spend with Harts to win all the pulls? Is it all about the turbo or do you think there are other components to this pulling game?

Re: best 4.1? September 10, 2014 03:31PM
ya all just build a superstock and be done with it?

Re: best 4.1? September 11, 2014 02:57AM
Like that Idea Build a super stock then you might figure out the chargers. Nothing against Harts but your not just going to slap on a Harts and be top dog. Its more important to have everything below it working top shelf to make any charger meet its full potential.

Re: best 4.1? September 11, 2014 11:42AM
it shows how little people know on this board. it is interesting that McDonald bought a complete tractor but I was in his shop numerous times when they were building it. all it was was a rear end and frame rails when it started. And for your information HE HIMSELF built the entire motor. who evers parts he used is his own business. I happen to know exactly what is in that tractor for motor parts and whatever you think it is you are wrong. Oh and that tractor has not been to a dyno since its been built. Winking I give ruth a lot of credit. they had a good year

Re: best 4.1? September 11, 2014 11:57AM
Why don't Harts make a prostock work before they move up to superstock? Ppl should have checked their s58t when they ran limited prostock then everybody would have figured it out. I'm waiting on this bad a## prostock. Maybe their dyno numbers aint stacking up.

Re: best 4.1? September 11, 2014 12:31PM
Boy it must be hard knowing everything about pulling!!!

Re: best 4.1? September 11, 2014 12:40PM
What does that mean?

Re: best 4.1? September 11, 2014 12:55PM
If I knew all there was to Know I would be selling turbos to a bunch of dump a33,s!! Then I would be like Harts.

Re: best 4.1? September 11, 2014 02:52PM
All I can say after I posted what I posted last night and reading the posts after I posted is this. WOW!!!!!!

Re: best 4.1? September 12, 2014 01:12AM
I have been going to quite a few pulls this year and have turned into a pretty big fan. I try to get to the pits as much as possible and look at all the tractors and hopefully get a peek under the hoods at the impressive work. I was looking at the Ruth tractors and trying to see what turbo they were running but they both have what seems to be a metal housing over them? Can someone tell me what that is? Sully, maybe you can help, you seem to be pretty up on these guys turbos. Are you a puller yourself or an engine builder? I hadn't seen your name at any of the pulls. Thanks

Re: best 4.1? September 12, 2014 01:14AM
just a fan. I don't know anything about ruths motor. I just know where the chassy came from

Re: best 4.1? September 12, 2014 03:15AM
Just had to laugh as I read the question from Clueless. It is an instant giveaway that they are running harts turbos if they need a metal protector to save the sheet metal.

Re: best 4.1? September 12, 2014 03:25AM
Thats funny I don't care who you are!! Thats funny.

Re: best 4.1? September 12, 2014 01:12PM
Maybe he put the shield after he kept blowing hyper chargers last year.

Re: best 4.1? September 13, 2014 03:51PM
That metal cage around the turbo is designed to catch the turbo if it flys apart so it doesn't hurt the sheet metal.
That's called hart proofing.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,762, Posts: 229,923, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM