NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet October 20, 2014 03:02AM
The Nebraska Power Pullers Association will be having it's 2014 Fall Rules Meeting, Officer Elections, and Awards banquet on 11/22/14 at the Heritage Inn in Wahoo, NE.

The rules meeting will start at 3:00 PM, Drinks and Social Hour at 5:30 or at the conclusion of the rules meeting, and dinner will be served at 6:30. Awards to follow. Those interested in pulling with the NPPA in 2015 are encouraged to attend. If you plan to stay for dinner please RSVP as soon as possible so that we can have an accurate count. Info about discounted hotel rates are available on the NPPA website and facebook.

The Invite/RSVP can be found at the NPPA website for those that are not on our normal mailing list.

We are also encouraging members to pay their 2015 membership and insurance at the meeting.

Thank you,

Chris Vanatta
NPPA President
president@nepowerpullers.com
www.nepowerpullers.com
www.facebook.com/nepowerpullers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2014 03:08AM by NePowerpullers.

Re: NPPA - LLSS & 3000 RPM Pullers October 21, 2014 02:18AM
I would like to invite anyone interested in seeing a LLSS class (very similar rules to those used out East) and any 3,000 RPM pullers (that will put the required safety equipment on) to this meeting. We want to hear from you. Additionally, NA 2wd guys should want to make it to this meeting.

Thank you,

Chris Vanatta
NPPA President
president@nepowerpullers.com
www.nepowerpullers.com
www.facebook.com/nepowerpullers

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet October 22, 2014 09:30AM
Please keep in mind how the llss has grown in ky, and wi with basically the same set of rules! It's a great class with tons of color, and makes for a crowd pleaser! Glad to see the class is heading out west. What rules are you all planning on running?

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet October 22, 2014 03:17PM
If we can get some interested pullers to come to the meeting we will discuss the class as a club. If they decide to give it a go then I will have copies of the rules from several organizations. The class will decide the rules but I will strongly suggest that they stay inline with what most of the other organizations run. Of the 7 or 8 that I have, most are basically the same. The big difference is the weights and the Canadian group handicaps the Alkys and allows for component chassis. Most seem to have very similar engine specs and turbo rules.

Again, as I stated in my letter (on the NPPA website) just because we are discussing it I am not promising that any classes are added. That said, if pullers are there it will help their cause.

Open to suggestions and info to take to the group and if you are in the area you are welcome to come contribute. All that I ask is that you let me know that you are coming so we make sure to have an accurate number for food.

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet October 23, 2014 12:32AM
6000lb 370ci alky (3x4 smooth bore turbo) 470 ci diesel (3x4 slotted turbo) ag chassis. Why would you run component chassis in a class like this? And keep it light, no need for the light middle heavy weight limited super stock class. You can get any brand to 6000lbs and they put on a great show.

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet October 23, 2014 01:36AM
KyLLSS - The rules will be decided on at the meeting by the class members if the class is given a chance and some interested parties show up. I am hoping that they choose to follow the rules of other organizations out East that allow for Alky and Diesel but normally unless it is a safety type of rule I prefer to stay out of it and have the affected class make the decision. Yes, I have the KTPA & BOB rules printed out for the group along with the SCWTP which I believe has some members that come down to play in KY once in a while. Also I never said that components would be allowed as this would be a class decision. I simply said that a group from Canada with this class allows them.

On a personal note (from Chris the puller, not Chris the club president), I would like to see components allowed if this class is added. Those that know me know that because my dad worked in John Deere parts for my entire life know that I would have to build a green tractor if I were to ever build one. The cost on JD rear-end & transmission housings are pretty pricey (from the people I have talked to) especially considering I have been in a 2wd truck for several years and look at the truck rear-ends I have laying around. Honestly I fail to see how I could spend much if any more money building a component tractor (at the LLSS level) then I would to purchase OEM and do all the machining and custom parts that are used in pulling applications. Then when you figure in the ease of maintenance that a component chassis provides like adjusting the clutch it seems like a no brainer to me. 5 years ago everyone was having this same discussion about the LSS class. Now it is common place. Over the last few months I have been discussing this issue with various people and to date nobody can give me a legitimate reason of why components should not be allowed. The people for them have reasons but the people against just state the same propaganda that "it isn't needed" yet they do not provide any useful information that would allow my opinion to be swayed. In conclusion, we are a member ran group and if the class decides that they do not want to allow for component chassis then I will accept that decision and have to decide if this is a class that I want to build for or not.

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet October 23, 2014 02:37AM
Simple,alot of older super stocks were parked because of components, now they a can pull again.

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet October 23, 2014 11:07AM
Once super now llss - That is one thing that I have heard. Unfortunately I have talked to about 5 different pullers in the IA/NE area to see if there are any old Supers out there. They claim that there isn't. If there are great, point them to this thread or our website and have them either call me or come to the meeting. We will gladly take all input.

Again this is a member ran group and if it is in the best interest to a class or the group and doesn't affect safety or the show I try to stay out of it. I tried to make sure my personal opinions above were notated differently from my officer opinions.

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet October 22, 2014 11:57AM
What are the rules for the LLSS class?

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet October 22, 2014 01:22PM
Hopefully they will let both fuels play if they start the class

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet October 22, 2014 04:47PM
That is part of the discussion at the meeting.
Right now there are no rules. (Except the safety rules).
Everything else needs worked out.
The more interested folks that attend, the better the rules should be.

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet October 23, 2014 02:38AM
NO componet at all if you want that go lss. Keep it ag chassis we had 30 llss at e town the class is perfect the way we run it in ky run it it's actually LIGHT 6000 an diesel runs right with the alkys anyday 370 3.0 smooth bore alky. 410 3.0 diesel with inter coolers an 470 3x4 or 3.6 smooth bore diesel also no need to butcher up a class that's already great . When everybody would finally be on the same page it could be the best class there is

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet October 23, 2014 11:19AM
Cc - there is no pleasing everyone in the rules making process. The fact is I find it hard to believe that any of our tractors would venture out to KY for a hook nor any of your tractors to NE for a hook so i don't know that the rules need to be identical. My goal would be to make fair rules for any and everyone and they would allow our guys to go to some of the indoor pulls if they choose. Anybody that knowingly built a component would know that they wouldnt be allowed at these events and it would be their choice. Again this is all kind of putting the cart before the horse. We first need pullers interested in these classes to come out to the meeting because we aren't going to make a class for some "phantom pullers" that never show. If they show and after discussing the matter in a civilized manner we vote to not allow them then it is done.

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet October 23, 2014 12:31PM
SS classes are about done for they have over priced the class llss is starting to get that way to. Becareful of the rules you make it only takes a few with more money than since to ruin it for everybody

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet October 25, 2014 02:21PM
to pullers watch out. Isn't that what all tractor pulling has become???? Which is how its always gonna be if you don't have the cash to spend you're probably not gonna be the big dog. just the way it is..sorry

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet October 23, 2014 01:53PM
If it is going to be a single charger class, could you call it light limited pro stock?
Would be easier to make the light weight with 24.5's also,,,,,,,,

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet October 24, 2014 01:49AM
Idea? - I wouldn't call this class that. We already have a 466 Limited Pro Stock class that is similar to what the Outlaws call LLPS. It would get too confusing between this class, the Outlaw 466 class, and our 466 class. This class would be single charger alky or big diesel and twin charge on the smaller diesels.

Getting some decent interest in this class and the rules for this class.I hope that half of them show up and have or are willing to build. Any other thoughts or ideas please post up, call, email, or come to the meeting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2014 01:49AM by NePowerpullers.

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet October 26, 2014 12:50AM
I am excited that your area is looking at starting up a LLSS class. I strongly suggest you stay with the BOB, KTPA and our SCWTP rules and sticking with the Ag rear end. That is part of the Limited. I looked around at other clubs before I helped come up with the SCWTP rules. In 3 years are club will have 14 plus tractors. The rules out there are working. If your group doesn't have the tractors yet why would you want to limit your pullers to pulling your area only. We have a GREAT time traveling from Wisconsin and spending time pulling in Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio. Now in the winter there is 3 indoor pulls to enjoy. This LLSS group is like a Big Family and work together and good competition. I helped promote the North/ South 300 for the LLSS this year and was a big success bringing pullers from 5 states. Everyone had a great time and can't wait till next year. We just pulled in Elizbethtown KY and there was 34 and 36 tractors both nights. There is talk for next year the LLSS are looking at getting a big 2 day pull event in Michigan area to allow other LLSS pullers to pull against tractors from Michigan, New York, Canada, etc. The current LLSS rules are working and if you and other new clubs follow these rules will allow everyone to grow and play together and allow for more larger events to pull with the same rules. Take hard thought of the big picture and don't limit your pullers future. There is more fun in numbers.

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet October 27, 2014 01:48AM
Scott - Thank you for all of your info. All of the rules that I have printed off are mentioned in your post above.

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet October 29, 2014 10:39AM
I agree with Scotts post above. The common rules of the LLSS class also allows something else. If one is interested in getting in the class there are tractors already built for sale and if one wants to get out it would be easier to sale and worth more if it fits in other pulling associations. Good luck with your meeting. PS I'm from Mich.

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet November 19, 2014 08:06AM
Reminder. The meeting is this weekend. Hope to see you there!

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet November 19, 2014 01:13PM
The WNYpro-pulling series has very similar rules it other than we only allow 478 (0liver herc.) with a 3x3 no cooler at this time but that will change next year. Probably 3x4 no cooler, 3x3 cooler . We don't believe bigger chargers are necessary from what we have seen in this class ,we have had winners @ 370 alky 3x4,410 3x4 diesel intercooler, 315 twin 3x4 intercooler,and 466 3x3 no cooler for last 3 seasons. So it works, alky did start to get a little ahead this year so our rules are up next year maybe change to as stated above. No components in our future that's LSS ,not LLSS. Just our 2 cents from our experience out here in new York. Club pres. We also are limited to 24.5s and no puller 2000s, just to keep some of the money out of it. Maybe in future or 30s and 2000s!

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet November 20, 2014 07:24AM
Nebraska's had a few smaller underdog type tractors that it would be cool to see battle on an even playing field. Don't know if they are still around or whether the owners are still interested in pulling. There's a couple orange ones, a JD, and an alky Case if I recall, all in eastern NE (unless they were sold). Don't know if they would all fit in the same class, but at one time they all seemed to be about the same weight anyway.

As a fun, I think it's cool that the Power Pullers are interested in getting something like this started. I enjoyed watching this class on the Bluegrass TV pulling show.

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet November 21, 2014 03:29AM
Pllnfn - If you think of their names let me know. I have hounded everyone that I could think of or find about trying to get this class started. We will have to see what tomorrow brings and hopefully some of those that expressed interest will show up.

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet November 25, 2014 01:12PM
Any interest in the llss meeting? What rule did you guys come up with?

Re: NPPA - 2014 rules meeting - officer elections - awards banquet November 27, 2014 02:01AM
My apologies for not updating this thread sooner, the class was added on a trial basis for the 2015/2016 seasons. The rules are basically the SCWTP rules. There is a few things like weight that need to be decided at the spring meeting. We found out about a couple more tractors in our area that may fit the rules so I would like everyone to have a voice in the rules process. I will post something more official next week when I get home from Thanksgiving travel.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM