Triple Axle Gooseneck Trailer November 12, 2014 04:14PM
Whats the good bad and ugly about triple axle gooseneck trailers? Been looking for a used trailer and noticed these are cheaper then a dual tandem. Trailer will be used around the farm some and for hauling a 10000 pound tractor.

Re: Triple Axle Gooseneck Trailer November 12, 2014 05:11PM
I think they scrub the tires off faster than a 2 axle set up.

Re: Triple Axle Gooseneck Trailer November 12, 2014 06:20PM
Get a tandem dually and you won't be sorry !! Better brakes,pulls better and a flat won't be as dangerous.

Re: Triple Axle Gooseneck Trailer November 12, 2014 10:25PM
Pull easier, but don't carry load as wetland scrub like crazy

Re: Triple Axle Gooseneck Trailer November 12, 2014 11:06PM
I think they pull much easier and ride smoother than a tandem dually I have owned both. Wouldn't give up my triple. You just can't turn very sharp with a load on its not that big of a deal. Its what you prefer.

Re: Triple Axle Gooseneck Trailer November 13, 2014 01:43AM
Triples turn like a##. Tandem duals with oil bath axles can haul the world and run ice cold. Up here the hit you at the toll for axles, not tires so tandem alittle cheaper. I've had both. tandem dual doesent shift of flex as bad when loading. Dont want to start a war but PJ's are a real nice trailer for the money, resale is pretty dang good also. Fayette trailers in Pa can set you up new or used.

Re: Triple Axle Gooseneck Trailer November 13, 2014 01:57AM
I know of many people, myself included, that traded off tandem dual trailers for single triples, then traded back for tandem duals for the exact reasons stated above. Possibly why you're seeing single triple trailers for sale cheaper. Oil bath torsion axles are money well spent regardless of the configuration you choose.

Re: Triple Axle Gooseneck Trailer November 13, 2014 06:29AM
I agree with much of what been said about tri-axle trailers. Tri-axle trailers are very hard on tires, especially if you're prone to jack knifing them (turning short). I think you'll be happier with dual wheeled tandems, than a tri-axle trailer. I do agree on one statement made on a tri-axle trailer. I definitely think they pull easier than a tandem with dual wheels. Hope everyone's input helps you on a decision.

Re: Triple Axle Gooseneck Trailer November 15, 2014 02:54PM
Thanks for all the advice dual tandem kind sounds like it might be the way to go. If only corn had a 4 in front of it instead of a 3 it would be an easy choice lol.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,620, Posts: 229,677, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,065, Posts: 225,892.

Our newest member JD_8520