S F intake December 30, 2014 06:54AM
I see lots of custom intakes for sale and lots of talk of being dyno proven. What does this mean?? Is it a horse per $100 or is it a horse per$500. Many guys looking but need a bit more info on dyno proven. And I don't expect to get your dyno numbers but a ball park would be nice.

Re: S F intake December 30, 2014 10:38AM
castners will make power if you can get them to build you one.

Re: S F intake December 30, 2014 02:12PM
So what kind of power or price? Never had any dealing with casters are they good.? I was looking at the one on for sale page for $3900 was wondering if anyone has run this one. Thanks for the input. I would like to try a couple on Dyno in February but not sure where to start.

Re: S F intake December 30, 2014 02:32PM
have them consign the intakes you are interested in to the dyno. make them prove the horsepower gains and buy the best one for your combination.

Re: S F intake December 31, 2014 03:15AM
Power is a wide range depending on your application, Castner Performance is making some really nice intakes depending on your situation and your budget, to get the best one they would need your head to match it to the manifold, isn't any intake out there that will make a certain amount hp gain on every motor. I have heard atleast 25-30hp on a sf with a good intake from castner... give him a call and talk to him

Re: S F intake December 31, 2014 04:05AM
Superfarms dont require factory intakes anymore? Are exhaust headers allowed as well?

Re: S F intake December 31, 2014 07:25AM
There is way more than 25-30 hp with the correct cam change. Cams on the market today are not spec'd for a better intake that the truck or dozer intake. We have found someone to make a cam to match our new flow numbers with the intake we made....

its just not that simple to bolt it on and watch it go....

Re: S F intake December 31, 2014 07:59AM
Is this one as cude looking as your limpro manifold wes?

Re: S F intake December 31, 2014 08:29AM
Limited Pro has totally different runner lengths and plenum because of more rpm....... your trying to compare apples to oranges..... Super Farm turbo charger limits what you can do for lugging. With the intake change the airflow increased by almost 60% on a well known flow bench in Iowa. We have found a cam and will be running it on the dyno. I am not building any more than two manifolds. I have enough head aches without dealing with tire kickers and free information for nothing guys.... This was no science experiment. We have worked on this since we knew the rule change came about. And I am thankful for the two guys who knew something was there and took the time to work on it with us. It was not just me, couple of good engine guys, cam guy, cylinder head guy and on and on.....takes a village to raise a child....

Happy new year!!!!!!

Re: S F intake December 31, 2014 08:36AM

billet runners and flange....

Re: S F intake December 31, 2014 12:40PM
Deck's will enjoy them......

Re: S F intake January 01, 2015 01:32PM
And when it doesnt make the power then what?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,748, Posts: 229,892, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,995.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM