Gordyville announcers December 30, 2014 02:07PM
Just wondering who will be doing the announcing this year. Would like to bring the family, but the one announcer last year was a bit much for a family event.

Re: Gordyville announcers December 30, 2014 03:31PM
Pretty sure that Butch and both of his boys will be there

Re: Gordyville announcers December 30, 2014 10:32PM
Butch does a good job. Just that Beer whatever guy gets kind of old in a big hurry. All I need is to take my 5 year old home have him tell his mom about the Gordyville Glory Hole! Probably be the last pull she would ever let us go to.

Re: Gordyville announcers December 30, 2014 11:42PM
I loved the beer money announcer! he did a wonderful job keeping the people entertained and informed on what was going on during the pull, especially that late in the evening when people loose interest fast. like someone posted on here before, your child hears more nasty and absurd comments on his way to school on the bus. with social media and the news these days, you would be surprised what your child knows and talks about without you knowing. don't like it, im sorry but don't go. he did a fantastic job! and there is noithing he said that I wouldn't have let my 6 year old nephew hear

Re: Gordyville announcers December 31, 2014 02:17AM
stay home then
your child hears more nasty and absurd comments on his way to school on the bus.

Classic rationalization. Why should whatever happens on a school bus be the standard for where one brings a child?

Re: Gordyville announcers December 31, 2014 02:37AM
I think he was implying that our children hear and learn things that are a lot worse on the bus, in school, out in public, influencers, t.v., internet, etc...He didn't mean it was a standard for where one brings a child. I have a 4 year old boy that comes home saying something new every night, so I understand what he meant.

Whether you like him or not, he's got a passion for pulling and promotes our motorsport that is starting to get the attention it has needed and deserved for years!

Happy New Year Everyone!

Re: Gordyville announcers December 31, 2014 03:41AM
You guys ever watched the show Gold Rush? They call one of the holes there the "glory hole" and Jason said that's what he was referencing and called the pile the Gordyville glory hole. No reason your kid shouldn't be able to repeat that.

I realize there is a different connotation that can go with that, but that isn't Jason's fault. And no kid would have known that connotation by what Jason said.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2014 03:43AM by AV.

Re: Gordyville announcers December 30, 2014 11:43PM
It would help if Beer would slow down, cleanup and remember it's about the tractors and not about the announcer. And he isn't funny

Re: Gordyville announcers December 31, 2014 12:22AM
What about Dave Bennet? Why is he never there?

Re: Gordyville announcers December 31, 2014 12:28AM
Is the big screen going to be there this year?

Re: Gordyville announcers December 31, 2014 12:50AM
Our announcers will be Butch, Miles, Jeremy Krieger, and Art Downs. Thanks

Re: Gordyville announcers December 31, 2014 07:55AM
Couldn't agree more about that beer guy being very annoying.. He turned us off from that pull.

Re: Gordyville announcers December 31, 2014 09:14AM
all about contxt and a kid not knowing the accepted way to use a phrase I picked up some phrases as a kid that weren't nice not from adult an I was the one that used them wrong place wrong time and I got the riot act until I figured out to keep my mouth shut because my backside was smarting too much mom did much care me asking what a tampon was in front of nice company

kid bringing the glory hole line home and dropping knowledge to mom and having to provide context for the line by the mc isn't good it makes a pretty kid friendly sport not as friendly we don't have 2 be choir boys and girls but a person serving as a face of a promoters event has a different standard to keep than those in the stands seems like miles and butcher ddo a good job interested to see the other kreeger and how he does dave bennett would b fun there too

Re: Gordyville announcers December 31, 2014 01:08AM
Thanks for not having the beer guy he was very very annoying!

Re: Gordyville announcers December 31, 2014 12:55PM
We get enough of Bennet at Louisville and KC. Leave him out of Gordy please.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,845, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,972.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro