Small Block John Deere Head gasket fire rings January 26, 2015 07:12AM
Awhile back I saw a post from the late adam biehl talking about a head gasket kit he made for a sbjd. With this you would not have to cut grooves in the liners for rings. A few people around here are running this setup and it works fine. I am looking to do the same but trying to find someone who makes the same kit now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Small Block John Deere Head gasket fire rings January 26, 2015 09:14AM
sealtec

Re: Small Block John Deere Head gasket fire rings January 26, 2015 09:19AM
Seal Tec will make the rings but you'll have to have a machine shop cut grooves in the liners or in the head.

Re: Small Block John Deere Head gasket fire rings January 26, 2015 09:25AM
Called them 6 mo. ago and they had a sbjd head gasket with a fire ring built in [better than stock]

Re: Small Block John Deere Head gasket fire rings January 26, 2015 10:25AM
Sealtec only makes what you tell them to. They have no idea what sizes are needed for what tractor. I have them make a lot of different size fire rings for me. I do have a size for SBJD on the shelf that requires no machining.

Re: Small Block John Deere Head gasket fire rings January 26, 2015 11:55AM
Where did you find this old post? Tried to search for it but could not find it, not sure which words to use to get it in the search.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,675, Posts: 229,777, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason