You tube keystone nationals light limited turbo 7700lb April 13, 2009 03:51PM
Here is a link to the keystone nationals you tube video from harrisburg Pa. 2009 light limited mod turboes, 7700lb, 3x4 turbo, 466 cu.in limit, a-line injection pump and intercoolers.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyhS-ycTEKI

Re: You tube keystone nationals light limited turbo 7700lb April 14, 2009 12:20AM
What tractor was fully loaded/Robert Becker? Where is he from?

Re: You tube keystone nationals light limited turbo 7700lb April 14, 2009 12:58AM
Cockshutt and he is from the Elizabethtown, PA area.

Re: You tube keystone nationals light limited turbo 7700lb April 14, 2009 01:48AM
What engine is he running?

Re: You tube keystone nationals light limited turbo 7700lb April 14, 2009 03:43AM
505 cummins debored to 466

Re: You tube keystone nationals light limited turbo 7700lb April 15, 2009 12:04AM
What chassis can you run the 505 in?

Sheetmetal April 15, 2009 12:44AM
In my personal opinion a 505 Cummins should only be legal with a new rear-end (NH, CaseIH, Agco, etc…) and matching new sheetmetal. Not Cockshutt sheetmetal. A Cockshutt with a 505 makes no sense to me, a Cockshutt should have a Herc or a Continental, or even a Cat, because that’s what they came from the factory with. And yes before someone jumps in with Cockshutt is Agco…, yes I understand the lineage argument, but a 505 is still not a Cockshutt, so you should just build an Agco then.

The rules have always been “updating of sheetmetal allowed”. Have the rules ever said updating of motors in old sheetmetal is allowed? The simple answer is no... yes... maybe... ummmmmm.... I guess it depends... The truth is all of the above. Every National Org, every State Org, all the way down to every club with only three guys with tractors has different rules. On all levels the rules need to be clarified, there’s too much gray area. Either it's legal and spelled out as such, or it's not. Once again, the lack of unified rules, and the lack of a strong central governing authority is why pulling is so fractured. Legal here… not legal and not allowed to pull there… or maybe not legal but everyone turns their heads and it’s still allowed to pull there.

We are almost at the point where anything goes. How soon is it until someone builds a John Deere 730 with a 619 under the hood? (By the way, the 730 Row Crop is probably the best looking tractor that John Deere ever built… well in my opinion anyway). I don’t want to see a two cylinder hood on a BBJD motor, or a small block motor for that matter.

Pulling is moving away from it’s roots and closer and closer to a kids toy like “Hot Wheels”. Maybe there is room for “Hot Wheels” in a select few classes, but definitely not all classes.

The problem with pulling is no clearly defined plan for the future. There is no vision that is spelled out that people can work towards. The motorsport just seems to meander around in confused circles.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Sheetmetal April 15, 2009 02:37AM
That tractor was built with the permission from the class it is running the gentelman went before and spoke to the whole class before it was built and it was decided that since cokshutt (sp) used different ways of bolting motors that it would be legal. So he did it right was not built out of spit just trying something different and he is going to have a time with it

Re: Sheetmetal April 15, 2009 05:46AM
I’m not implying the guy built an illegal tractor.

I’m simply saying the rules should be written in the rule book in black and white for everyone, not just one guy or one brand. There should never be special permission from the board, the class, the president, etc…, it should be for everyone or no one. I feel the same way about grandfathering a tractor into a class.

I’m also saying the rules are different in every club and that's this motorsports biggest achilles heel.

Last, but not least, I’m not a fan of mix and match sheetmetal, and that what a 505 Cummins in a Cockshutt is.

It’s not personally towards anyone or any tractor, it just my opinion on rules and grandfathering.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

730 lss?? April 15, 2009 02:55AM
[viewmorepics.myspace.com]

Re: 730 lss?? April 15, 2009 09:58AM
Hey that would be an awsome looking lss or ss and i dont even like jihn deere

Re: 730 lss?? April 15, 2009 12:26PM
Don't give Tony and Ted any more ideas, I'm sure they are waiting for a customer to bring in a 619/650/680 for an 830 Black Dash!!

Re: Sheetmetal April 16, 2009 03:33AM
Right, wrong, or indifferent I believe most rules are allowing engine updates. Early JD's probably started it with "provisions to mount pump". 06 & 56 Binders are updating to the 400 series. The AC 426 is 'factory replaced' with the Navistar. Many are updating 401 fords with 456's. The Herc & Continental are obsolete just like the rest of the engines on this list, so it's kind of hard to justify drawing a line in the sand at this point.

I guess you don't like the 450 IH that has I believe a 466 then either (I've see it at DuQuoin). Since the OEM's show virtually no interest in supporting pulling thru either sponsorship of anything or performance parts (with one exception), I see no reason not to allow backwards sheetmetal like the 450 IH or a 730 JD. It certainly adds varitey to the 2wd & 4wd classes (I love Collins' Untouchable, Nelson's old panel van, and all the other 40's & 50's bodies).

I'm also not sure that I would agree that unified rules are holding things back. I don't see any sort of unified rules in any form of racing between different sanctioning bodies. NASCAR & ARCA, NHRA & IHRA ... I do agree that NTPA has lost it's way in allowing every member state to do whatever it wants, but I think that was primarly self defence. As an outsider (I pull in a group not associated with any of the national organizastions) I don't see that they bring a member state anything except insurance & that is now affordably availible thru other sources. Until NTPA comes up with some good carrots in the form of sponsor(s) who offer states significant points $'s, the NTPA doesn't have anything to stand on to unify their member states.

IMHO the popularity of NASCAR & NHRA hinge on everything that the Big 3 put into them in the 50's & 60's when they could see a win on Sunday & sell on Monday connection. Possibly because tractors are a business tool & not every town had a dealership of every color, pulling never made the win/sell connection.

Re: Sheetmetal April 16, 2009 05:26AM
As far as the trucks are concerned, they are a completely different topic, their rules that have always allowed for any engine combination with any body style.

However, the tractor engine updates you mentioned are because of the stock cranks swinging in OEM blocks. It’s why a DT414 and a DT436 and a DT466 can all be interchanged in most classes. The 401, 456, 474 Ford and the JD 531, 619 fall under the same rules.

The 426 replacement for the Navistar is a different issue, and it was really the start of this mess. There was an exception made to allow the 40 series in a D-21 with an adaptor plate because some people argued that you could no longer get 426 blocks anywhere (funny I see them on my For Sale page all the time). The problem is I don’t think they made any rules regarding sheetmetal matching the block.

Most (almost all) organizations don’t have a specific provision in their rules to allow a new block with an old hood. Sure I know there are plenty of 8.1 JD motors in 4010’s out there, but according to the rule book, they should not be legal. It’s a gray area that needs to be addressed and spelled out more clearly.

Either the rule books need to be changed and clarified or they need to be obeyed.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Sheetmetal April 16, 2009 06:11AM
"Either the rule books need to be changed and clarified or they need to be obeyed."

I agree with that one 100%.

On the Binders I wasn't referring to a 414/436/466 interchange, but rather 706, 806, 856, 1256, & etc that came with 282, 310, 361 or 407 getting a 414/436/466. The problem there is if they allow 706 rears with 466 blocks & 1066 metal; how can they object to the same driveline just because it retained the sheetmetal that matches the rear.

Re: Sheetmetal April 16, 2009 06:31AM
What about the likes of the tractors that have CaseIH 71,72, or 8900 Magnum sheetmetal, heck, even MX Magnum hoods, but are running DT466-based IH engines & 706 rearends? Should they be running 8.3L Cummins-based engines & transmissions/rear ends based off of Magnum tractors? The only difference is the sheetmetal is "updated". Seems as though allowing updated sheetmetal, but prohibiting old style sheetmetal on a newer chassis is extremly contradictory.

Same thing applies to the Deere's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2009 07:25AM by Blackstack1206.

Re: Sheetmetal April 16, 2009 09:21AM
couldn't agree more. good point Blackstack 1206

Re: Sheetmetal April 17, 2009 12:57PM
It does seem very contadictive to allow you to have a 706 with a 466 in it 1066 sheet metal and then the next year running the same chassis and class with magnum or puma sheet metal. but not to allow a 706 with a 8.3 cummins in it to run the 1066 metal. But i know the 8.3 wont bolt up. Up grade sheet metal but not the power plant??? The real problem is the huge cube limits in the classes really if they were not so large some of the older engines would work and thus more colorful classes. Id like to bolt a 8.3 in a 9000 and pull NTPA superfarm but that will fly like a lead balloon..

Re: Sheetmetal April 17, 2009 03:07PM
John deere is major points sponsor for itpa now, so maybe itll spark OEM involvement

Re: Sheetmetal April 19, 2009 04:12AM
I say let the guys be creative. I like to see the variety even if the sheet metal and engine combination doesn't match up. Case in point I think Mark Peissig's 8600 is one of the neatest tractors I've seen in a long time and I don't really care what power plant is in it.

Re: Sheetmetal April 20, 2009 03:08PM
I think the back date rule was eliminated I cant find it in the rule book anymore?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,782, Posts: 229,966, Members: 3,339.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,047.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009