Question Regarding History of Turbine Mods February 24, 2015 01:32PM
I was posed a question this evening from my soon to be 6 yr old that I was unable to answer. He asked if at any time has a turbine mod "grenaded" its engine(s). We have seen plenty of "automotive" and "industrial" engines but can't say I have seen any of these. It honestly stumped me so I told my boys I would post a message on here and see what kind of feedback we received. Thank you all for your time and consideration.

Re: Question Regarding History of Turbine Mods February 24, 2015 03:28PM
Go to my website, DaveDannPhotos.com
Click on "View all Events".
Click 7 times to take you back to Sept. 2010 at Findlay, Ohio.
Click on "Turbine Excitement".
That should answer your question.
Fortunately the crowd sat at a really good distance away on each side of the track.
The only injury was the final flagman in #4949 to 4952. He felt the burns.
I have numerous photos of exactly how bad all the damage was, how minute (meaning tiny) and burnt everything was.
Not nice!!!!
Hope I never see or even hear of one again.
We were very fortunate that night that there were not more people hurt.
If that had happened at Goshen, IN, where turbines still pull on the PPL big circuit, that would have made national news because the big grandstand is only about 20 feet away.

2010 Findlay, Ohio

I do not know if these links will work. I'm not good at figuring this stuff out.

Re: Question Regarding History of Turbine Mods February 24, 2015 11:16PM
Overhere in Europe I remember 2 turbine failures.

Le Coiffeur (Napier Gazelle) and Whispering Giant (have to look in old magazines which turbines they used)

Also remember 1 crash from Iwan (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrpXK7NOa9s)

Re: Question Regarding History of Turbine Mods February 26, 2015 11:44AM
Dave Dann
Go to my website, DaveDannPhotos.com
Click on "View all Events".
Click 7 times to take you back to Sept. 2010 at Findlay, Ohio.
Click on "Turbine Excitement".
That should answer your question.
Fortunately the crowd sat at a really good distance away on each side of the track.
The only injury was the final flagman in #4949 to 4952. He felt the burns.
I have numerous photos of exactly how bad all the damage was, how minute (meaning tiny) and burnt everything was.
Not nice!!!!
Hope I never see or even hear of one again.
We were very fortunate that night that there were not more people hurt.
If that had happened at Goshen, IN, where turbines still pull on the PPL big circuit, that would have made national news because the big grandstand is only about 20 feet away.

2010 Findlay, Ohio

I do not know if these links will work. I'm not good at figuring this stuff out.
here you go, [davedannphotos.photoreflect.com]
That looked nasty....wow

Re: Question Regarding History of Turbine Mods February 27, 2015 10:08AM
[www.youtube.com]

54 sec mark

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Question Regarding History of Turbine Mods February 27, 2015 12:31PM
I would rather watch one turbine mod than ten of the others there should be a turbine only class

Re: Question Regarding History of Turbine Mods February 27, 2015 02:41PM
Look at around 52 secs to the end

facebook turbine. [www.facebook.com]

Re: Question Regarding History of Turbine Mods February 27, 2015 03:46PM
I do not know if Art Arfons was hurt in that. But obviously it is no where the magnitude of damage as occurred at Findlay, Ohio.

Then followup up this video with "Best of Tractor Accident Videos". Tractors of all sizes. Definitely a lot of stupidiy is shown. Be interesting to know how many people were (seriously) injured.
Who is the IH pulling alky SS tractor that explodes the motor at 7:55? Was in Europe as was the Ford just before it in a sled breakaway.
The very best of this whole 10 minute video is the very last caper. Unbelievable. You gotta see that !!! I just watched it again. Absolutely oblivious!!!

[url=http://"Best of Tractor Accident Videos"]"Best of Tractor Accident Videos"[/url]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,687, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520