Henry, Il. classes July 11, 2015 May 17, 2015 10:26AM
Classes for the Saturday, July 11 PPL pull in Henry, Illinois are: Mini Rods, Pro Stocks, 4.1 Pro Stocks, Unlimited SS, Lite SS, SS 4WD Diesel Trucks and Modified 4WD Trucks. The pull starts at 6:00 P.M. There will be a farm stock and pickup pull Sunday afternoon July 12. For more info please go to: marshallputnamfair.org

Re: Henry, Il. classes July 11, 2015 July 02, 2015 02:19PM
Hi Jerry, my family and I are certainly looking forward to the pull this year again. It started out as a immediate family trip, then a friend started coming with, and now we have more extended family members coming. This will be the first year for my 4 1/2 yr old and he is absolutely "pumped," has been talking about it for a couple weeks now. With that being said, I went back and re-read last year's thread which I have pasted below. If I may humbly ask, do you have any preliminary ceremonies planned like last year? Or, will you just have the typical opening ceremonies and get right to the pulling? As I mentioned, I humbly ask as I just want to be able to prepare the "super excited ones." I, as many do, greatly appreciate everything you and the fair do for us fans to see some fantastic iron in central IL.

Lord, hold off the rain please... Smiling

[www.pulloff.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2015 02:20PM by mmztu.

Re: Henry, Il. classes July 11, 2015 July 03, 2015 01:17AM
Jerry, If there is a chance of rain, please remember that no one drives 4 hrs to see 4wd trucks pull only to have it rain before the prostocks run! #screwedlastyear

Re: Henry, Il. classes July 11, 2015 July 03, 2015 06:22PM
Yeah the 4WD never got finished either, lotta fun to drive 8 hrs, to load up and go home

Re: Henry, Il. classes July 11, 2015 July 03, 2015 03:51PM
The opening ceremony got way to long last year and our group regrets that more than you can know, but the intent was right. This years opening will be a moment of silence for two key men whom recently passed that worked the pull for 16 years, invocation and the National Anthem. We have always tried to acknowledge military people, veterans and civic members that do outstanding things, however, it can get out of control. As far as class order of pull, the PPL pretty well controls that. We have made two track changes to speed things up: A. We will use a leveling frame on a skid steer to fill holes quicker than a 3 point drag & B. A second towed road compacter eliminating one slower self propelled roller. The last weather report I saw showed a 20% chance of precip, with the temp in the low 80's. Should be a good day with plenty of pullers. Thank you for the inquiry and comments. Jerry

Re: Henry, Il. classes July 11, 2015 July 04, 2015 07:00AM
Jerry, Thank you for your message to this thread. Please note, I have no problem honoring veterans and other people who have made an impact on our country and communities. I have always thought Henry was classy for doing so. As you mentioned, last year got out of hand a bit and went too long. I appreciate you letting us know what will be taking place as it sounds like the pull should run right on time.

Thank you once again and looking forward to next weekend.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009