motorsports RV in iowa June 10, 2015 08:23AM
Anyone else changed their registration to motorsports RV in Iowa?

We have a toter and is titled as a motorhome. I filled out the paper and went in to renew the registration as motorsports RV and they are requiring me to change the title back to tractor before I get that registration.

Taking the motorhome classification away on the title could effect me in various ways, especially if I would sell it and now it's not a motorhome anymore to other states.

Not sure what to do.

Has anyone gone through this process with a previously titled motorhome?

Thanks,

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: motorsports RV in iowa June 10, 2015 02:29PM
yes I have send me a email inciner8 @ windstream.net send your phone # and I will call you and tell you how to do it

Re: motorsports RV in iowa, to burner builder June 11, 2015 03:33PM
Hey burner builder, they was some white haired feller sayin you was in jail.
Did they give you a computer to communicate with?

Re: motorsports RV in iowa June 10, 2015 02:53PM
Doug Lively has the information as well.

Re: motorsports RV in iowa June 11, 2015 02:35AM
Thanks guys I got an update from Iowa Vehicle services and I pasted it here for anyone else running into this.

"When this new law was passed last year there was some confusion on whether the vehicle had to be a truck tractor, truck or could be a motor home. After further review it can be any of those. The way the system is programmed now the vehicle type has to be a truck tractor for the usage to be changed to motorsport. We do have a request in for the change but I don't have a time frame on when that will be completed. We do code moves once a month. I will check with our IT staff to see when they believe this will be completed and I will get back to you. My information is below so feel free to contact me at any time."

Once coding is updated so their program will allow a motorhome as an option on the title they can be changed back at that time.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2015 06:55AM by MH49.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,628, Posts: 229,690, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520