Best LLSS starter chassis August 15, 2015 12:44PM
So I know that the IH 560 and JD 4010 are the best chassis to start with for an LLSS build. But what about other colors. I think it could be helpful to have a running list. Guessing something like an 880 for Oliver and maybe a 4000 or 5000 for Ford.

Re: Best LLSS starter chassis August 15, 2015 02:05PM
No on the880. Not heavy enough in rear or tranny. Ford s work really ,allis with 301 series 560s 686,806,Oliver 1850 or cochshut 570s, deer 4010 works a little mor E striping to due. Any styles like that will work , but with today's hp in this class they all have to have some upgrades internally, all depends on how competitive you want to be from get go or are you willing to work into it.

Re: Best LLSS starter chassis August 16, 2015 01:33PM
The winning LLSS tractor at the recent Langford, NY huge pulling extravangza was Larry Wright's Case 730 rear with a 504 block decubed to class maximum 470 as a diesel, sheetmetaled as an 1175 model. It sure laid down an absolutely pretty hook. And it is for sale too. He's from Kentucky. I do not know phone number. With some research, I'm sure you can find it. I have also seen him pull down there. Like most new ventures, likely cheaper to buy a proven puller than to build one.

Re: Best LLSS starter chassis August 16, 2015 02:29PM
Now if I built that for WNY, it would be illegal. No decubing allowed.

Re: Best LLSS starter chassis August 17, 2015 03:15PM
I've watched a bunch of videos where that nice Ford unbridled of Tim Hammons seems to be right there in the hunt.

Re: Best LLSS starter chassis August 16, 2015 02:50PM
They would answer you better but I would think they alow 470 with a 3x3 charger.

Re: Best LLSS starter chassis August 16, 2015 11:47PM
What has one more hooks in the past several years Alky or Diesel?

Re: Best LLSS starter chassis August 17, 2015 12:22AM
First thing is that you should be saying won, but besides that the Alcohol is the better way my opinion because you look in Wisconsin and Kentucky areas that alcohol tractors are the most dominant there is. Smokers slip one in every now and then.

Re: Best LLSS starter chassis August 17, 2015 12:51AM
I don't think you can compare in Wisconsin.Badger State is diesel only and SCWTP Are mostly alcohol tractors.Not saying they still wouldn't dominate but your comparing apples to oranges.They don't run against each other all summer

Re: Best LLSS starter chassis August 17, 2015 06:00AM
I meant the old whitemare bunch.

Re: Best LLSS starter chassis August 17, 2015 06:35AM
Here in Ky the diesels stepped there game up a lot it don't matter if its ally or diesel you have to make damn near a perfect run to win down here it's so tough BOB avgerges 15 in a class this past weekend had 20 an first went to a jd ally who got the win off of a hole shot 2nd place was a ih diesel then so on but the diesel boys run right there with the. Alky bunch

Re: Best LLSS starter chassis August 17, 2015 06:47AM
Really, I usually see that red Alky win a lot of those when I look up the results, very few times I see grease burners win down there

Re: Best LLSS starter chassis August 17, 2015 12:37PM
Yes jerry just got a new motor together but when your top 3-5 out of 15-20 then your doing damn good grease burners are running better each day an last night the family driven didn't do so well (missed weight pretty bad it looked like) nobody's unbeatable. Bring yours down On Looker an run will see where you file in.

Re: Best LLSS starter chassis August 18, 2015 02:04AM
I didn't say that everybody wasn't beatable, I just said I see the Alky guys winning most all hooks.

Re: Best LLSS starter chassis August 18, 2015 08:31AM
The biggest reason for that is Philips IH unbrideled and Allen Mores old rags is the only3 diesles that pull on a regular basis against 20 alky tractors

Re: Best LLSS starter chassis August 18, 2015 10:59AM
When the badger state guys and scwtp run together it's is fairly even. But talking to engine builders the alky has less breakage usually due to higher rpm and lower torque. Where the diesels snap things from high torque and lower rpm. Wi has some of the toughest diesel tractors out there. Doesn't matter what class. For me I'm working on an alky engine just due to cost.

Re: Best LLSS starter chassis August 18, 2015 01:52PM
How much cheaper is a alky llss than a diesel?

Re: Best LLSS starter chassis August 18, 2015 11:16PM
I can have a fuel setup for around 4500 for alky. Diesel would be closer to 10000. I already have a head set up for alcohol from my nss tractor. Now with engine diesel usually are better with long stroke small bore. Alcohol is usually better short stroke big bore.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,748, Posts: 229,892, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,995.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM