Grain Prices August 30, 2015 03:43AM
As harvest time approaches with prices in the toilet, what is everyones outlook on the situation? Many of us on here are also farmers dealing with this situation so curious what you are up against. My grain storage place and buyer says the bankers are not happy with prices either as they know with the current price farmers cant even make cost of production with it. How long will this last??? 3,25 corn and 8.25 beans is a loss no matter how I figure it.....unless of course you are an older, established farmer, but most are making pmts.

Re: Grain Prices August 30, 2015 05:01AM
no worries,payments will keep ya all going,it is your own fault to buy all new machinery pickups every yr .A LOT OF 300 BU CORN IN THE MIDWEST,SO CRY AWAY.Back in the day we paid high rent,high interest and sold corn for around a one dollar price for many yrs and 150 -200 yield,I feel sorry 4 ya,--just sayi'n.

Re: Grain Prices August 30, 2015 08:57AM
jimmmbo
no worries,payments will keep ya all going,it is your own fault to buy all new machinery pickups every yr .A LOT OF 300 BU CORN IN THE MIDWEST,SO CRY AWAY.Back in the day we paid high rent,high interest and sold corn for around a one dollar price for many yrs and 150 -200 yield,I feel sorry 4 ya,--just sayi'n.

Allot of 300 bu. corn? You just showed how uneducated you really are....

Re: Grain Prices August 31, 2015 03:40PM
So funny how farmers are not to have a life. Can't we have a hobby? Maybe all The farmers should sit a year out and just go pulling (lmao) and see who's crying. Really don't think the majority understand what and how much a farmer puts into growing a crop to help feed, clothe and fuel the unappreciative!! Some of these negative comments towards farmers must be from failed wanna b's. America is going to destroy it's self because of jealousy. Farmers are call whining welfare recipients. Seriously to be on welfare you don't have to work! There's plenty of city folk got that job covered

Re: Grain Prices August 30, 2015 05:03AM
I am a small time operator but this year will be the toughest to pull off since I started in 1980. I have maybe been over conservative from day one but I feel that has helped keep us going. I run all 1990's or earlier equipment and did buy a 97' combine when corn was high. We planted half the corn we normally do because of the for sight of low prices. I tried to go with more hay and small grain that I can sell to the end user my self vs. depending on the middle man who goes by a market price. Heavy rain in June and July and none since has also hurt our game plan. If it is Gods will for us to continue farming we will. If not he has another plan for us. Agtalk.com would be an interesting sight for this subject.

Re: Grain Prices August 30, 2015 08:48AM
Yeah only farmers, their family & friends, and people who do business directly with farmers care so yeah, on this pulloff page that's probably "nobody"!

Re: Grain Prices August 30, 2015 09:33AM
G puller,people like you are ass%^$#s COME RIDE THE COMBINE MR G NOBODY. apparently you have no eyes for yield,best crop ever in most of Upper Midwest.

Re: Grain Prices August 30, 2015 10:57AM
I ride in a combine all harvest, farm some of the best soil in the country. I can make the moniter say what ever you want it to say, but when the grain goes over the scales thier won't be any 300 bushel corn averages outside of the coffee shop.

Re: Grain Prices August 30, 2015 10:20AM
It's $20, get over it

Re: Grain Prices August 30, 2015 10:58AM
Here in southeast Indiana our corn looks great, about like last year where some fields made 280. I do feel sorry for those not so fortune , because despite our yield the grain price scares me and I don't pay any rent.

Re: Grain Prices August 30, 2015 01:34PM
read my words, --nowhere does it say average, big difference to all,monitor smonitor,the bins will burst where I see the best crop ever

Re: Grain Prices August 30, 2015 04:32PM
More tractors than ever pulling this year with virtually all of them in a nice enclosed trailer also hauling support vehicles .

Re: Grain Prices August 31, 2015 12:45AM
I run in a enclosed trailer and my rig cost less than most open trailers and the truck I pull it with is a lot cheaper to buy than any new or low mileage Pu. I have no intensions to ever go back to a open trailer to haul my pulling vehicle. Why would you want to haul your vehicile outside with the investment we have in them today?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2015 12:45AM by RED DELIGHT.

Re: Grain Prices August 31, 2015 01:58AM
Like most (not all) you see have a farm tag on them also. Never new pulling was for farm use either!! Wonder what else is wrote off?

Re: Grain Prices August 31, 2015 07:55AM
It's called privet carrier lic. It runs under farm as long as the farm owns the tractor you can lic it that way and haul what ever the farm owns.

Re: Grain Prices August 31, 2015 08:17AM
When that pulling tractor or truck serves a purpose to raise a commodity than I would be ok with that. Haven't seen too many of those able to do that LOL. Just another way of milking the system under farm use.

Re: Grain Prices September 01, 2015 03:54AM
My family has used our pulling tractors for farming. Our Div 1 has done baling quite well, our Div 3 tractor we use for backing in hay wagons and moving them to the elevator. My brother has hooked his Div 3 tractor up to a rake before.

Re: Grain Prices September 01, 2015 03:56AM
Since when do you make money farming? If you are making money at it, you are not doing it right or have a ton of land.

Re: Grain Prices August 31, 2015 03:22PM
Starting with corn n beans, dryland in my area could have used a rain a couple weeks ago, are hurting some, but a rain could still help some, irrigated is good for the most part in my part of se Nebraska. Now for the other part of the conversation, everybody sure likes to blame the farmers for just about everything. Lets see, other people can have pulling vehicles that come from the business they own or run, and that is ok, it came from a profit in the business, and that is ok. If farming is so good, then the complainers are welcome to take over farming and find out it is easy, right. To me it is good business practices done by a farmer or anyone who has a pulling vehicle. So zip it how farmers got it made. O yah, don't forget every meal you eat and everything you drink except for water, a farmer and or rancher worked had so you could EAT!!!! Darin

Re: Grain Prices August 31, 2015 12:03PM
The trucks get longer and the trailers get longer and are growing slide outs pulling is getting more popular than ever . Many of them are not farmers any more if they do farm it is just for a hobby.

Re: Grain Prices August 31, 2015 02:00AM
In sw indiana corn looks good beans starting to suffer

Re: Grain Prices August 31, 2015 09:39AM
You can call it what you want but it's not commercial. Mine says right on it "NOT FOR HIRE" and it doesn't run for hire at any time.

Re: Grain Prices August 31, 2015 10:25AM
Unless it's an rv or has farm tags you're still considered commercial whether or not you're for hire. You still have to stop at the scales, run a log book, etc.

Re: Grain Prices August 31, 2015 01:33PM
Same thing I was thinking, nothing to do with Grain. Lot of SDS in Beans around here Central Iowa.

Re: Grain Prices August 31, 2015 01:43PM
HA!! Maybe you should look around. Since the high grain prices, more parts have been sold and tractors/trucks built more than ever has been but not all manufactures of these pulling parts will tell you that because they're making money hands over fist. These making money grain farmers even got into machining parts and engine machining because of the extra $$. Now I'm not bashing all farmers before some go off on this, some stay within their means as they have learned from the past. It's just made pulling get way out of hand. Even some pretty big names of years ago pullers will tell you that.

Re: Grain Prices August 31, 2015 03:19PM
If you think farming is so rosie maybe you should give it a try. That way you can make all
this money that your talking about and let us farmers know how its going for you.

Re: Grain Prices September 01, 2015 11:12AM
I would have to agree with mx335. You seem to think it is so easy, go rent or buy some land, get yourself some equipment and let us all know how that works.

Re: Grain Prices September 01, 2015 01:31PM
Not trying to ruffle any feathers, but I grew up on a farm and still help my dad farm. However any farmer that says how hard they work or how tough it is is crazy. Go to work everyday and answer to someone else and be there by 6 everyday. Farming is an easy and very fortune employment so don't act like it is so difficult.

Re: Grain Prices September 01, 2015 01:47PM
Goldclub, you are starting off on the wrong foot. I think you are going to ruffle some feathers, including mine. I wish I could go to work for 8 hours a day and 5 days a week. I would not know what to do with the new found free time.

Re: Grain Prices September 01, 2015 01:59PM
Your crazy, up at 5. Feed my 30 sows and pigs go to work 6 days a week and still help farm 1000 acres. The farming part of my day is easy, don't have to deal with people all day, and have never figured out what rest of farmers think is so hard to do.

Re: Grain Prices September 01, 2015 02:06PM
Goldclub, if I misread your post, I apologize. I have a cow/calf herd among other things that keep me busy year around.

Re: Grain Prices September 01, 2015 02:13PM
I understand, and I do feel sorry for the dairy farmer. I would not trade places with them, my post was more towards the primary grain farmer.

Re: Grain Prices September 01, 2015 02:21PM
The dairy farmers are dedicated. I drink a lot of milk, so I try and support them best I can !!

Re: Grain Prices September 01, 2015 02:20PM
Have to agree we have two kind of farmers the one that really do work hard & the ones who hire everything done & sit on there butts & whine to their NRCS office wanting money to fix their farm with our taxpayer dollars. I've been on both side of the fence and agree dealing with people can be a challenge but sometimes a 8 hour day in controlled temps would be great but being my own Boss is the definitely the best. Ya just Can't fix stupid and some people just like to stir the pot.

Re: Grain Prices September 01, 2015 02:39PM
Thank goodness not everybody in this world works as hard as most dairy farmers. If they did we would be a lot more unemployed people that we would have to take care of. Most dairy farmers that I know work harder and get more done than two or three people that work for a government agency !!

Re: Grain Prices September 01, 2015 03:06PM
Jake needs to get on here and cut off all the wanna be pullers and farmers from bad mouthing the hard working man that made something for themselves when half of um all are most likely unemployed that were supporting....America is turning into such a failure

Re: Grain Prices September 01, 2015 03:42PM
Erik from illinois
Jake needs to get on here and cut off all the wanna be pullers and farmers from bad mouthing the hard working man that made something for themselves when half of um all are most likely unemployed that were supporting....America is turning into such a failure

I agree Erik!

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM