JD hardened rod bolts May 10, 2009 10:31AM
Hello:

Is there any other place other than Riverside to get hardened rod bolts? Does ARP make anything for this type of application? They seem a little expensive.

Re: JD hardened rod bolts May 10, 2009 12:14PM
you can get them from ARP if you want to wait 1 to 3 months for them to build bolts, then you must specify what you want exactly as far as what size, thread relief or not, material, torque spec for your application and material etc, these are not a race car motor so I would not cheap out. If you dont feel like waiting we have bolts & studs in every thing for 70,000 ksi to 350,000 ksi. We dont buy from arp but they can build bolts as good as anyone if you know what you need.

Re: JD hardened rod bolts May 10, 2009 11:47PM
so is the only place to get them off of the shelf Riverside?

Re: JD hardened rod bolts May 11, 2009 01:00AM
we have bolts if you want give a call 315 730 4469 if not call rei

Re: JD hardened rod bolts May 11, 2009 03:54AM
You can call ARP, you might get lucky and they have a bolt on the shelf that was made for someone else that is to your specs, out of one of their good materials. I was lucky enough to find a rod bolt they had on the shelf that had high enough tensile stregnth and the right size for my application. They were still $20 a piece. If they don't have them in stock, I would give Castner's a call, he would probably have just what your looking for at a reasonable price.

Re: JD hardened rod bolts May 11, 2009 02:17PM
why worry about the price of your rod bolts, call phil put um in and go, cheaper than the hole in the block patch kit

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009