NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 18, 2015 08:30AM
So as a casual observer of NTPA tractors this year I have noticed that they sem to lean out on fuel almost immediately after letting the clutch and and then burn clean for the entire run. On the flip side, the PPl tractors watched seemed to run black/gray smoke for the entire run. Since they are now running the same charger and cooler isnt going to effect that drastically and not in that manner, what is going on? Just how hot of fuel are those guys running?

A good example is...... [www.youtube.com]

Compare Bombadeere tractors to Miley or Darnell rides and make judgement on your own

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 18, 2015 12:05PM
It was noticed all summer also! !!!!!

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 18, 2015 12:44PM
well it could be several things. maybe its tuned different? maybe its just an outside the box setup? or if its like where we pull whoever wins is cheating and they should be banished from the kingdom? anything is possible. we were accused of running hot fuel all summer. people need to open their eyes not just assume the guy winning is cheating. trust me. ive heard it a lot this year. kevin boggs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2015 12:44PM by 1456ih.

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 18, 2015 01:13PM
Yes it is in the fuel and water. When NTPA said they weren't going to tech anymore the Michigan group ran to the chemistry set.

Sorry Kevin but the NTPA GN class is a joke. Several of the GN pullers outright admitted to running it at BG. When I asked them about getting caught. They just laughed and said the whole pretty much the whole GN class would get booted.

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 19, 2015 01:48AM
Just so you know not all NTPA SF pullers RUN that lake water and fuel. There are a lot of pullers that still have pride in building power in the motor not in the lab. To answer the clean smoke question, The NTPA tractors can run 100% Soy or Corn and PPL only allows 40%. Soy/Corn burns a lot slower then diesel. By burning fast causing not a complete burn (Black Smoke). Soy or Corn burn slow and completely (Cleaner and hotter)

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 19, 2015 02:28AM
SF Puller good post. I should have added in my post that yes there are other pullers out there working hard to do it the right way. You and they should be commended for that. But it is so obvious what is going on and NTPA does nothing about it. It's a shame because all it does is discourage other pullers and make the class and organization look bad.

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 19, 2015 06:40AM
Funny thing is, Decks have been caught a couple times now so they have no excuse either and as for Kavan cheating, he has run all over the country and to my knowledge never been caught with illegal fuel/water.

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 19, 2015 02:52AM
This is not new to this year fellas. I would also like to know what causes this tho...

Ex Stupid Farmer

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 19, 2015 04:02AM
In Outlaws all the single turbo classes have run the same fuel for years and no arguing about that anymore. Heard one super farm tractor got caught running the michigan water this year at an Outlaw event and banned for a year.

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 19, 2015 04:46AM
3 tractors in Moville Ia. Had bio in their fuel and only one got kicked out cause dads last name isn't Kavan... Bryan Deck 4023691176. Now the Morgan's can't erase that!!

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 19, 2015 05:21AM
Deck's run NTPA so there's an excuse for bio in their fuel. What's Kavan's excuse?

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 19, 2015 03:29PM
kavan claimed they ran it in nebr bush..well thats wrong too..nebr bush has the same fuel and water as outlaws,,, no wonder why he won so many pulls this year.. a littlle spiked fuel...

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 19, 2015 05:37PM
Actually, that's not quite accurate. I read the Nebraska Bush rule book at the beginning of the year before we pulled and there wasn't a rule for fuel and water.

The book stated any fuel/water allowed.

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 20, 2015 04:47AM
That rule book also states that the only legal charger is a garret gt42 as well.

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 20, 2015 01:05AM
Superfarm class in Bush mirrors outlaw rules

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 21, 2015 08:08PM
Is that an unwritten or verbal rule that it mirrors outlaw? I didn't see that in the rulebook either...Just curious. I have a copy of the 2015 rule book and it must be outdated already...

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 22, 2015 01:03AM
Bush wants to mirror Outlaws rules and hope some tractors from Outlaws will help them out at pulls, yet they stick with PPL and get nothing. Wake up America!

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 20, 2015 04:15AM
Two years ago Bush changed the rule to mirror outlaw SF I was there and Steve was the one pushing for that rule then they break their own rules they wanted

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 20, 2015 08:26AM
OBA rulz!!

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 19, 2015 07:15AM
At A Boy Bryan! Keep up the good work! Is the clear smoke from the water/fuel or is it from the messaged fuel pumps?

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 19, 2015 09:09AM
Well I usually don't comment on any of this stuff but since i'm mentioned I figured I'd chime in, first off feel free to check any fuel and - or water out of either of ours tractors. My tractor just doesn't like that much fuel. I had a picture perfect run ( for my tractor at least ) at Georgetown. I still only won by a few feet. - Drew Parkinson. Ps. Also our fuel and water doesn't come from Michigan.

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 19, 2015 09:35AM
Anyone know where that sharp stick went?

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 19, 2015 06:03PM
Ya know , Kavans do own their own dyno and probably spent countless hours tuning that tractor but I'm sure that has nothing to do with it running well....

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 20, 2015 03:46AM
If your fuel rule says diesel fuel only,doesent that mean diesel fuel only and no corn or soy fuels allowed?

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 21, 2015 03:02PM
Two words nitrous oxide it's out there more then a guy thinks

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 23, 2015 12:41PM
Really? NOS on a diesel? I'm behind a learning curve here but I thought you had to have spark for NOS

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 23, 2015 01:31PM
No spark needed !!!

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 23, 2015 01:35PM
Nitrous oxide is just an oxidizer. Its like putting more air in the motor. More air more fuel bigger bang = more power. Its really not that hard.

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 23, 2015 02:25PM
Nitrous is big in the diesel truck world. Lots of them out there with it.

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 23, 2015 03:03PM
Lets not make the super farm class sound like the bad guys they are prolly more honest than anyone. They are the ones spending weeks on a dyno to find a set up that is off the wall and builds power. Just because there smoke is darker or lighter doesn't mean The guy is cheating. What about the diesel super class and pro stock class. example big block john Deere super that runs GN and a V-8 pro stock-- every run these tractors make the manifolds turn bright red. Pretty neat it doesn't burn the Pistons out of them!! Or is it something burning out the exhaust that shouldn't be in the engine? Soy fuel? Pond Water? Lemonade? Or is it they did they homework and have something different that works and builds power? Everyone quit complaining and do your homework. Pulling isn't a cheap sport it cost money to build power.

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 23, 2015 03:19PM
3 words LEAN IS MEAN

Re: NTPA SF and "Clean Smoke" October 23, 2015 11:57PM
answer
3 words LEAN IS MEAN
Bingo! Set on kill or set to live.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,768, Posts: 229,934, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009