profab or atlasmax in a sbjd November 17, 2015 01:11PM
I'm sure this has been asked on here before but I couldn't find it. Can you fit a profab or atlasmax in a sbjd transmission case. If so, what case is needed and how much machining is needed. Also what makes these these transmissions better than a 3 speed transmission from GMS, Beckett, Lemke, etc? Just wondering, if it can be done, is it worth the extra cost. Thanks!

Re: profab or atlasmax in a sbjd November 27, 2015 07:39AM
With a profab 3 speed one gear set changes your final in all 3 gears which is nice and you are only turning 2 shafts instead of 3 so you can save some hp to put to the ground rather than turning shafts. I know it has been done but don't know the details.

Re: profab or atlasmax in a sbjd November 27, 2015 02:03PM
While I totally agree with the logic of turning two shafts vs three, changing ratios is exactly the same in beckett/gms/atlas/lemke etc trans.......all you do is change the two constant mesh gears and you can either speed up or slow down. It's not that complicated, just alot of work splitting your tractor.

Re: profab or atlasmax in a sbjd November 27, 2015 03:02PM
yes it can be done. call profab, I think I heard 16,000

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009