Antique pullers November 21, 2015 09:07AM
Any antique pullers looking on this site? In central/mid Michigan and thinking about trying it out but I have a few questions. Looked at the MTPA site and it looks like the antique plus is more geared for a strickly stock antique. The tractor I'm thinking about is my 47 M, speeco wide front (legal?). Is electronic ignition legal? Any other concerns? Any info would be great. Being I've never done this, I'm not worried about being competitive, but want to go, ask questions, and have fun. Thanks in advance. Tim

Re: Antique pullers November 21, 2015 10:06AM
You might want to attend the NATPA pull after Thanksgiving in Wauseon Ohio, NATPA has a website that will give you the schedule for Friday and Saturday. You will see many of Michigan's best tractors at this pull. And can probably make some contacts to answer some of your questions.

Re: Antique pullers November 21, 2015 05:31PM
My advice is to look at the NATPA general rule set for safety and then look at the division-specific rules for Division 2T (top cut tires) and Division 3 (full cut tires) as those classes allow electronic ignition. After looking at the rule set and then comparing that rule set to your tractor, I would suggest if at all possible come down to Wauseon Friday afternoon and get teched, it would save a headache for you and the tech guy to rush through an inspection on Saturday morning of the pull.

Hope you can make it there, look me up on the finish line, ill be there all weekend.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Antique pullers November 22, 2015 06:40AM
Thanks. I will try to get down there. My tractor is definitely not ready to pull. Originally it was bought to restore, sell, and start another one. But, after briefly stopping at an antique pull ( I could have stayed all night, but my wife wasn't feeling good), it got me thinking. I have looked at the rules page. Sounds like I need to go, spend some time, and ask questions. If its anything like an NTPA pull, most pullers will chat (if they have time and you dont act like a know it all). As with anything new, there is a big learning curve. Thanks again

Re: Antique pullers November 22, 2015 10:18AM
I echo the recommendation of attending (not necessarily pulling yet) of Brian Lively and RCP of attending the pull in Wauseon, if at all possible. There are a number of groups worth investigating in Michigan. The following is a partial list of local clubs with similar classes and rules; Mid Michigan Old Gas Tractor Association MMOGTA) in Oakley, MI, Wheatland Antique Tractor (WATA) in/near Remus, MI, Michigan Tractor Pullers Association (MTPA) in Saline, MI, Clintonia Antique Farm Power Club in Fowler, MI, Heritage Farmer's Tractor Club in Blissfield, MI, etc.The antique plus classes are quite close to NATPA division 3 rules only with higher speed limits.

You will find that there are a lot of Farmall pullers (particularly the M successor series) in the area. Don't be fooled by the seeming stock appearing nature of the rules, Division 3 and even 2T require significant upgrades to the engine internals.

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,645, Posts: 229,712, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,904.

Our newest member JD_8520