air bag front axle December 30, 2015 10:10AM
I'm just wondering if anyone is out there making front axles with airbags other than Full Pull Motorsports? there's are very nice but pricey! names pictures anything would help! Thank you much! Also thanks full the space!

Re: air bag front axle December 30, 2015 10:50AM
I was told that Ride Tech makes a system.

Re: air bag front axle December 30, 2015 11:06AM
Ride tech out of Jasper Indiana is who Full Pull Motorsports gets their air bags from. Brad Moss also installs them in his shop but don't know a price.

Re: air bag front axle January 03, 2016 03:50AM
I can cheat in other ways! Why do I want more than 20" of drawbar! I pulled all summer at 19.25 or so with a 15/1 gear! Drawbar kit from engler that allows me to pull the drawbar bar out farther from the tractor about 2" believe it or not I hook to a sled that the faster you pull the better off you are! But anyhow I'm interested in a front like this for resale value! Plus it looks bad ass! Is it a need in 9300SF No! But it's bad ass and if I have to sell my tractor like I said better resale limited pro guys will be more interested!

Re: air bag front axle January 05, 2016 04:21PM
To plum krazy . You are if you don't think small amounts of hitch height makes a difference. Everyone I hook with wants all the weight they can get on the front to keep it down. If the scales doesn't treat them rite they will cry that they are to dangerous to pull instead of lowering drawbar height to compensate. Put a jack under your front end and lift it 1 foot and check the amount of drawbar difference.

Re: air bag front axle January 07, 2016 11:42AM
The skibars are 4" off the ground. If you mess around too much with the air bags then you'll be dragging the skibars in the dirt. I'm pretty sure people will notice.

For every inch you change the front you change the drawbar by roughly 5/32 of an inch. Here's the simple math:
the wheel base is 114"
The drawbar is 18"
18/114 = 0.1578947... (5/32" = 0.15625")

If you drop the skibars all the way to the dirt you get 0.6315789... or roughly 5/8" 0.625"

You're better off finding other ways to cheat.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: air bag front axle January 07, 2016 01:47PM
if we agree there is a change,then why is it ok.same old story its only a little bit whats it hurting.

Re: air bag front axle January 08, 2016 03:56AM
I didn't say it was OK to cheat. I simply stated the simple math because there is an unrealistic, uneducated, and irrational fear of airbags. I will say that airbags used correctly are OK in my book though.

Can we agree that you could cheat your drawbar with a rigid front end?

Here's how: It would be amazingly simple to overinflate your front tires and then drop some air out of them and lower your front end by an inch. Dropping air from your front tires is no different than dropping air from your airbags.

So should we outlaw pneumatic front tires?

Cheaters will cheat, plain and simple. If we start outlawing things because they can be used to cheat we have to take away: fuel, water, turbos, heads, blocks, cranks, pistons, tires, chassis', and drivers. I can think of ways to cheat with all those things in most classes.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2016 03:59AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: air bag front axle January 08, 2016 05:14AM
If u over inflate ur tire then let the air out it is up to a two inch different in the front end.

Re: air bag front axle January 08, 2016 11:28AM
I would think you would problty have 4 or so inches of movement with air bags .If you air up your tires or let air out you might move an inch.maybe. It would be kinda hard to let air out of you tires while you are driving,pretty simple with air bags.I am not against new an better technolgy, but we drive tractors not trucks or motocross bikes.Growing up a farmer and pulling for 40 some years the sport is losing from inovation and knowing how to balance a tractor to who had the most money.Tractor pulling will be lost to the average guy to people that have know idea how to build just buy.

Re: air bag front axle January 08, 2016 11:59AM
This is a tough topic to talk about because even when you point out all the reasons why it's almost impossible to cheat they still can't figure it out. 4 inches drop in the front end equals 5/8 rise on the drawbar,or if the front end is on the ground your pull is over by now. Or how does one let out the air going down the track on a 15 second pass any way. Face it, you're either to cheap to buy one, you pull farm stock, or you build and sell a chassis that doesn't have one.

Re: air bag front axle January 08, 2016 01:38PM
To B Ross, there are rules in place that mandate that the airbag system is a closed system and the addition or removal of air CAN'T be done from the drivers seat. To add or remove air you'd have to physically go down by the front axle/front tires. The air lines are easily traceable. So you can't cheat going down the track that easy. As for the 4 inches of movement with airbags, your ski bars are 4" off the ground when set properly, any major adjustments would easily be noticeable. As for the front tires, you could easily get 3 inches of height change if you were running 9.5 or 11 series tires. It would be just as noticeable to mess with the tires as it would with the air bags.

Again, do we out everything that could be used to cheat?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: air bag front axle January 08, 2016 09:29AM
It's always the people that don't want to spend $ that call the guys that want things to look good and get with the times cheaters! I have no intentions to cheat with the airbags only want a smoother landing I want to go down that track as smooth as I can! it's easier on everything in my opinion! I found that running A 19 in a quarter 19 and a half drawbar with a fast mother f****** gear with as much weight on the back get the front the lift a little bit is the ticket

Re: air bag front axle December 30, 2015 11:40AM
If you aren't set on air bags, Advanced Chassis offers a coil-over design. 419-258-2100

Re: air bag front axle December 30, 2015 02:29PM
Wipeout is building a coil over setup also. Looks very nice.

Re: air bag front axle December 31, 2015 09:02AM
I offer air ride on my frames and also sell them seperate to weld onto your frame. They are built to also run coil over depending on what you want. Just take out two bolts to make the swap back and forth. Have put them on IH and Deere. $5000 for air ride and frame. $3500 for air ride to weld on your frame. Any questions. 419-957-9271

Re: air bag front axle January 01, 2016 07:49AM
just as a thought, the first post on this topic was stating full pulls front end was nice but pricy looking at the photo in the above post am I by no means picking on one guys work over another but from a price point there are major differences in one mfg to another. full pull is steel 1 piece billet spindle, uniball a frame lock, billet aluminum hub with ball bearing hub bearings, hime joined to the main frame allowing adjustment of the tire profile as the a arm swings an arc. Weihrauch front end purchased A arm, cast hub, cone and roller for hub bearing, fabricated spindle multiple piece, ball joint joining the spindle to the upper and lower a arm, bolt and bushing joining to the main frame not allowing for tire tip adjustment as the ride height relationship is changed. Do they function the same? maybe, are they priced the same? no.
It is easy to see why one mfg charges one price vs another mfg. In the end it is up to the consumer to decide if the cost saving vs the functionality and the quality is enough to justify or not.

Re: air bag front axle January 01, 2016 08:12AM
All excellent points!
Most farmers building these just want the cheapest stuff they can get.
Most would be happy with square headed bolts and burrs, and poor fitted joints.
Quality is lost on many barnyard savages.

Re: air bag front axle January 01, 2016 11:25AM
well OK, but were not cornering like NASCAR.
Glad there is something for every one out there.

Re: air bag front axle January 01, 2016 12:13PM
Seems to me if cast hubs, cone and roller bearings, ball joints connecting a arms to there spindles, is what the automotive and truck industry uses why it wouldn't be as good for a tractor going 35 mph and 300 feet

Re: air bag front axle January 02, 2016 09:04AM
Lets see, how many ways are there to change the height of the rear hitch after its been checked on tractors WITHOUT air bags: 1) let air out of the front tires. 2) add air to the rear tires. 3) move weight from back to front. 4) go to the back of the tractor and change the hitch height. 5) talk the hitch checker to let you have a little advantage. Probably other ways too! Bottom line, if someone is going to CHEAT, they will find a way to do it. Air bags are one of the best safety things to come along in a while. The ski's did not stop breaking off a spindle and having the front tire go flying down the track or wherever, the suspension in front will be a big help to actually let the ski hit the ground before the spindle breaks off. Its a safety thing. Quit complaining. Front suspension is a good thing!!!

Re: air bag front axle January 01, 2016 12:28PM
How can these air ride front ends be legal as the front end height could be changed therefore changing drawbar height after being checked. I can see a lot of bickering going on if this can happen.

Re: air bag front axle January 01, 2016 12:46PM
Ohh boy here we go again......

Re: air bag front axle January 01, 2016 02:42PM
pdih1066
How can these air ride front ends be legal as the front end height could be changed therefore changing drawbar height after being checked. I can see a lot of bickering going on if this can happen.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: air bag front axle January 01, 2016 07:09PM
Does anyone know roughly how many pounds of air are in the air bags during a 6 or 8 thousand pound pull? Thanks.

Re: air bag front axle January 02, 2016 01:33PM
John, I clicked on your tube link, and watched Brandenburg PS's. But what specifically do you want us to watch that relates to this air bag topic?

Re: air bag front axle January 02, 2016 03:23PM
looker
John, I clicked on your tube link, and watched Brandenburg PS's. But what specifically do you want us to watch that relates to this air bag topic?

My post was just the reaction picture to pdih1066 opening that can of worms again. The two links are in my signature and are included at the bottom of every post I make.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: air bag front axle January 05, 2016 02:46AM
Anybody, have an Idea of how much air pressure people run in front air rides? Thanks

Re: air bag front axle January 05, 2016 11:19AM
I think air pressure depends on it your on the scales or off the scales

Re: air bag front axle January 05, 2016 11:27AM
that makes no sense

Re: air bag front axle January 05, 2016 12:30PM
SOME OF THESE POSTERS ARE IMPOSTORS,NOT EVEN A PULLER,MANY ARE NOT AWARE THAT SOME TRACTORS DO NOT RUN THE HITCH AT THE HIGHEST ALLOWED LIMIT ANYWAY,AND LIKE ANOTHER PERSON, STATED,IF YOU WANT TO CHEAT YOU WILL NO MATTER WHAT THE RULES,sorry about the caps,am no typer guy.Moving a weight or two from back to front might move the hitch,what ? --- a thirty second,come on they don't use a caliper to measure in the first place.And if you all watch the pulls,videos and replays,most high powered units have the front end high in the air most or part of the pull anyway,so hitch height is way low.Illegal cubes,turbos,fuel,water and such makes much more of a difference than a silly millimeter.

Re: air bag front axle January 07, 2016 10:43AM
Plum Krazee , so whats your name? Because I did a google search and not 1 tractor puller came up with that name. Just calling the bullshit on you actually being a puller maybe pulling your cooler the the bleachers

Re: air bag front axle January 07, 2016 11:44AM
imposter yuo r fnnny,makes know diverense if i anmt a piller er nay.what i wrote is true,fact and honest.ps,been to more pulls,won more pulls than most.just sayi'n,same in any competition.

Re: air bag front axle January 07, 2016 01:18PM
Plum Dumb what's your tractor called what class do you pull.

Re: air bag front axle January 08, 2016 01:26PM
Depends on how long the lower arms are and how close to the tires the air bags (air/shocks) are, I'll shoot some pics of one we built. It'll be on a LLSS. When we get it out, I'll post on here the pressure in the bags

Re: air bag front axle January 08, 2016 01:42PM
Thanks Doug, I can't wait to see the photos. Are these going on the Cockshutt or something new?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: air bag front axle January 09, 2016 03:05PM
It's on my dad's 1855 cockshutt (LLSS). I also have a set on my Case chassis (hot farm). I'm waiting on motor parts on it, maybe mid season on it.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,845, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,972.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro