LLSS in the east March 31, 2016 03:09PM
With The light limited super stock class growing with a weight class of 6000 to 6500. The interstate pullers have a 7700lbs class witch isn't far off with the rules. Wondering if they will chance or add a class in the future. Not that we needs to add any more classes. Just the popularity of the class and meeting everyone else's weight class/rules might attract other pullers from outside of the area. Or even hop on with EDs travel calendar

Re: LLSS in the east March 31, 2016 03:16PM
wont happen bacause they dont want anyone else playing in their sandbox. if it ever did the diesels will run a $10k a-pump and the alcohol tractors willl run a 2.35 turbo because thats how they roll on the east coast.

Re: LLSS in the east March 31, 2016 03:40PM
Heard a couple might travel up to Langford NY and give it a try at 6250 lbs. Hope they can make it should be well over 20 tractors there this year with 5 to 6 states being represented that weekend

Re: LLSS in the east April 01, 2016 12:42AM
USA-EAST has added the LLSS class to our pull at Little Valley, NY the night ahead of Langford. This will give the pullers a second hook on the same week-end at an event just 60 miles away. And for fans ... the Little Valley, NY pull is the only time the Big Rigs semis will appear in the Empire State in 2016.

Re: LLSS in the east April 10, 2016 02:47PM
Yes the LLSS travel class will be Little Valley brought to you by the WNYPPS at 6250 lbs also. We will be the first class on this excellent track. Then it's about a 45 minute trip over to Langford. You can either hang out at the fair and see the BIG RIGS or head on over the the Jambore at Langford . Believe there to be camping at both places. We also have a couple of shops available if needed for any repairs that hopefully don't arise lol! Looking forward to even a bigger turn out this year.

Re: LLSS in the east April 01, 2016 04:54AM
Hey won't happen, you couldn't be anymore correct if you tried! It's like you read my mind. They are big believers that A pump is the only way, and claim they can out do P pumps, but when challenged to allow one in their class, they back right up on that statement and say you will whoopp their butt even though you have a much smaller charger! This precise attitude was on full display a the Keystone pull a couple of weeks ago.

That being said, they are more than happy to let you pull in a class that is a full level above you................

Re: LLSS in the east April 01, 2016 02:05PM
The rules in the LLSS class keep it pretty fair. I was at keystone but thought all of them ran a apump. It's always a pretty blue color seems like on the track guess the foresters have a lot to do with that

Re: LLSS in the east April 02, 2016 12:35AM
You are right about Forresters having alot to do with the blue on the track. They are also not at all receptive to change/input, or allowing anyone else to play in their sandbox.

It's a funny thing, Interstate finally stepped out of the stone age and allowed double cut tires in the 7700 class, but P pump is still an evil word. There are guys there spending more on a set of new puller tires than you ever would on a new P pump. At one time I was led to believe they settled on A pump limit for cost, that is no longer a valid argument. Wimer must love that rule, lol!!!

Quite a few of those 7700 tractors could easily make 6500, some maybe 6250. I'm not sure they could make 6000 without a bunch of work. They would have to drop the intercooler.

Re: LLSS in the east April 02, 2016 01:33AM
really think they would drop the intercooler to make weight? interesting to see them at langford if that comment is true up agents each other. have some pretty good iron in that LLSS WesternNewYour club not including the ones coming in from out of the area. heard last year at langford if you didnt weight 6250 you could still run but was an exibiction still got a few bucks for travel?

btw: the first puller last year in the oliver was life frighted due to a wild ride did he make a full recovery?

Re: LLSS in the east April 10, 2016 01:19PM
Wny PPS put on the class at Langford , it was 2 of our pullers who typically weigh 6500 who struggled on lanford scales which is a little heavy. We did inform them that if you do not make 6250 you could not hook this year to be fair to everyone else. The gentleman who was injured on the wild ride has recovered well as we were informed.

Re: LLSS in the east April 02, 2016 08:51AM
For one I don't agree on the double cuts. That was one way of telling the difference between a Mod turbo and a light limited.Double cuts are heavier. On some tracks the doubles will be better but on most they will not because the tracks will be soft or not well groomed.The light class will be all blue by mid season.If you look at that light limited class has turned into a class that had alot of color and has turned into a blue class only. Maybe if east coast would have started a class like the light limited instead of the hot farm. Just food for thought! The problem with alot of pulling on the east coast area. All the class are heavy and you need a cdl to haul to every thing if you had class that you could haul legally with a 3/4 ton truck or 1 ton truck maybe there would be more guys involved. And I am not interested in anything in interstate. That is all run by the blue boys or there family. That is all good if you blue oval related!

Re: LLSS in the east April 02, 2016 02:38PM
You guys are a bunch of ungrateful crybabies I was at keystone and there were lots of green and red as well as other colors so now start crying that there was to much blue Ina class and then start bitch in at some people that support the class go build some green or red for the class or just shut your mouth why not say thanks to people that support the sport but instead you want to bitch your a jerk thanks glenn oh look I signed my name not like you whining cowards and you wonder what's wrong with America o

Re: LLSS in the east April 02, 2016 08:20PM
What tractor do u have to even know what is like to pull in that class?

Re: LLSS in the east April 02, 2016 11:26PM
Never said I pulled in that class I pull a red one

Re: LLSS in the east April 03, 2016 01:00AM
My point was not that there was only blue in the class, but rather the hypocrisy of the rule set. I agree that there was adequate color in the 7700 class, blue, red, white and green were represented.

The point I was making was that when you host an event (and call it "Natioanls") and ask for participation, but your rules deny the use of equipment that is mainstream in pretty much every other part of the country, that is asking people to stay out of your sandbox. The 7700 class is a great class with MOSTLY common sense rules (good ci and turbo limits). Up until this year they have had two specific rules that exclude outside participation - single cut tires, and A pump (which 8500 Mod Turbo has the pump rule as well I believe). They have changed the tire rule for 7700 this year, and you saw that some of the guys had new (or at least new to them) double cuts. This is normal almost every where else in the country (double cuts), kudos for getting with the times! The last nonsense rule is the A pump, why insist on this outlandish rule? It cannot be argued that it is more economical, that is pure BS! Guys are willing to spend more money than the pump swap on new tires, so it is not about economics.

Continuing to hang on to the A pump (7700 and 8500) rule clearly sends the message that we don't want outsiders, regardless of color.There are many capable tractors that would probably sign up and come for the experience if you changed to P pump. By keeping it as is, they are ensuring that these two classes will only ever have local representation at what is labelled a "NATIONAL" event. Seems very narrow minded and protectionist to me.Good old boys club indeed!

Take a look at what Gordyville has done throughout its lifetime so far. Those guys bend over backwards to try and make a class that draws new participants and has common rule sets. The event continues to grow every year, and we continue to see new and different classes and vehicles, it's awesome! Nobody will ever have the perfect rules, but choosing key components that are mainstream in the sport helps create the ability to fit in anywhere.

Re: LLSS in the east April 03, 2016 04:43AM
Go price a p pump for a light pro then price an A pump for mod turbo. A pump is cheaper if you want to run the best in each class, and best A pump probably as reliable or more reliable than16 mm p pumps. Fact. And mod turbo doesn't need the 200 + hp from p pump, just cause more breakage.

Re: LLSS in the east April 03, 2016 11:51AM
Hey Facts,

I agree that a 16mm P pump is huge dollars, but you are not comparing apples to apples. Who on the east coast is running anything close to a 16mm on a Mod Turbo? Do you realize how fragile an A pump would be to keep pace with that? If you need anything north of a 14mm P pump for these classes in the east, you are nuts! Price one of those and find out how close they are to the heavily worked A pump.

There was a reason the Manufacturers started to use them on the higher HP tractors in stock form. Do you seriously think they would have gone that route if the A pump was capable AND reliable? Give your head a shake.

Re: LLSS in the east April 03, 2016 02:15AM
I am not talking about Keystone. The light limited class went from a class of almost 20 tractors down 8-10. Look at the result proof is in the pudding. The reason some all still pulling in that class because they are either stuck or just want to pull. That is there choice you think people do not talk about the problems with interstate. Wake up!! I sold my project tractor because of all the bs in interstate. If you not in the click forget it.

Re: LLSS in the east April 03, 2016 06:06AM
I know there are a lot of blue tractors in that class but a red one has been on top or near the top for a few years now. P-pump seems to be a dirty word any where in the Eastern region even at the brush pulling level. I think if red, green and all other colors had dealers that where involved in pulling like the Forrester's are for the blue ones it would be fantastic. Having that local support is great and hard to beat. I ran against a lot of blue tractors with a Forrester sticker on them for years in Pa. and N.Y and they were always a tough tractor to beat. The sandbox deal is about every where you go. That's why there are so many sandboxes to play in. The kids get mad and form another one.

Re: LLSS in the east April 03, 2016 12:24PM
Here is my take on this issue, I understand that others will disagree and that is fine. 1. "Keystone" Is at full capacity for the amount of days that we have so there is not a very big chance that the classes would be opened up to allow tractors that do not meet the rules, if it becomes apparent that we do not have enough tractors to fill a class at that point we may allow a "p" pump tractor in to compete but until that happens how do you tell a guy that has build his tractor to the rules and paid his entry fee that he will now be getting a 12th place check instead of 9th place because 3 guys are pulling in your class that has an advantage "p" pump that you don't have? What are the chances this person will continue to support a pull that was originally set up for him and other folks like him?

2. Interstate rules are set every 3 years and are voted on by the pullers that take the time to come to the meeting, therefore each tractor gets 1 vote, the p pump guys have never been able to get more than a vote or two at any meeting that I am aware of. The a-pump is our limit just as a 3inch turbo is a limit on superfarms or a 680 cube is a limit on a prostock tractor, so much fuel is needed to run so much charger therefore it is a limiter of hp just like any other class has. The beauty of it is we can run anywhere, we can run with the light pro's in Ohio or the Carolina's we can run at Gordy we can run in Southern Va. and we can run at Keystone. Now you can say its a Forrester rule or you can say its a Blue rule however you want to paint it but the truth of the matter is I have 3 votes we could be out voted at any time. I just wonder why anyone would believe that it is somehow a Blue tractor thing? Do Ih tractors not run well with "a" pumps? Ask the Williams brothers if an Ih will run with an "a" pump. What I take from this is the pullers that run interstate tractors don't seem to have an issue with it, people see interstate and see a successful organization with as many as 35 hooks per tractor classes a year with outstanding venues and great people pulling in that organization and they want to be part of it but can not meet the rule requirements and feel that they should be able to come and run with us but believe that there opinion should out weigh the will of the class. In 1991 we had a 640 cubic inch limit and a stock pump rule, when we changed the rules the biggest pump anyone was running was an "a" pump on a case and a deere so we decided as a class that the "a" pump would be the max pump, over the years very few rules have been changed which is why we have such a successful organization.

3. Single cuts, The class choose to allow double cuts due to the fact that single cut pullers where no longer available, that's it that's the reason. Now for anyone that wants to pull with singles, you may and for anyone that would like to pull with doubles, you may what could be more fair?

4. Blue tractors, It seems that some believe since there is so many blue tractors in here there must be some kind of conspiracy that revolves around 466 cubes, 540 cubes and "a" pumps. We have rules in here that allows all brands a fair playing field. So unless someone can explain to me why the other brands do not perform at those limits than I would have to say its just their personal preference to do so.

Re: LLSS in the east April 03, 2016 12:48PM
I've discussed this with some pullers who have llss tractors. I live in the middle of interstate area. The original question was llss not a diesel only discussion. I would like to see llss like NY or Kentucky has with rules that allow many combinations especially alcohol. I would really like to build one but have zero interest in diesel.

Re: LLSS in the east April 03, 2016 01:44PM
Hey spot on, are you ok if our guys coming and running with you with their bigger turbo's then? And do you have names for these people that claim their "a" will run with your "p"? where do you pull maybe we will test this scenario?

Re: LLSS in the east April 03, 2016 02:01PM
From what I hear you guys are the A pump gurus who make them run like P's. You said earlier you run in OH & with NTPA sometimes, so you obviously have it all covered.

But to be completely serious now..........

Have fun and best of luck in the coming season!

Re: LLSS in the east April 03, 2016 02:21PM
Just what I thought, no invitation to run big charger with your class and no names of people stating their a could run with a p. I never said I run with the guys in Ohio and I never mentioned NTPA at all. I said that if I choose to run with them I would be legal to do so, I have no illusion to believe that an a pump will run with a p pump if you read you would see that I clearly stated that it was a limit. Do you think The light pro guys would mind if someone bolted on a sigma or cyclone pump and came pulling with them? Come on man step out of the stone age.

Re: LLSS in the east April 03, 2016 02:10PM
The mod turbo class is more of a lite pro class not a llss. But I do like all the color the mod class has to offer. If you all are interested in adopting the llss rules that most are running check out the battle of the bluegrass web site and check the rules out. This is what most of the country is running and its growing like weeds!

Re: LLSS in the east April 03, 2016 03:50PM
To Restate original question the LLSS is a p pump 6500-6000 lbs class and even know the light turbo can cross over and play with the LLSS the LLSS can't in the interstate. So will there even be a day that will come true and match all the other rules so they can come play at keystone ect. Or will someone consider a mixed like the pros and SS to have more in the class and what would each class have to give up or add?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,687, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520