recast head May 15, 2016 02:56AM
Does NTPA allow recast heads in the light pro stock class?

Re: recast head May 15, 2016 05:36AM
It has the same rules as super farm for heads. And they are allowed in super farm so they are allowed in light pro stock. Hope this helps.

Re: recast head May 15, 2016 05:41AM
Yes it does thank you.

Re: recast head May 17, 2016 12:50AM
If you need a recast IH head, let me know. Neil 608-317-7321

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2016 12:12PM by neilsroom.

Re: recast head llss May 17, 2016 11:21AM
I'm glad they started allowing the recast heads on the 5,9 cummins in the llss classes

Re: recast head llss May 17, 2016 01:34PM
What rules are you looking at in LLSS? BOB and SCWTP all state OEM cast head only in the 2016 rules.

Re: recast head llss May 17, 2016 02:15PM
You better start checking the tractors then . I no of one we installed the plugs in

Re: recast head llss May 17, 2016 02:35PM
well lets hear it, where is this tractor running??

Re: recast head llss May 18, 2016 01:33PM
So the $400 recast heads that can be dropped on a otherwise stock engine and can be sent out to the field or road and be run all day every day just as the OEM heads were intended to should be/are illegal?

Re: recast head llss May 17, 2016 03:09PM
Do believe recast is not allowed anywhere in the LLSS, it's not here in WNY?

the original post May 17, 2016 03:24PM
The original post QUESTION was about NTPA and the light pro stock class allowing recast heads. I didn't know that NTPA had a LLSS class.

Re: the original post May 18, 2016 01:19AM
The hijacking of the original thread, and its contents are a good demonstration of why this will likely never be a nationally sanctioned class by a major org (LLSS). You either have stone age technology or cheaters, which are the biggest detractors of this class.

But back to recast heads in NTPA. This should either be allowed across the board, or not at all. Picking and choosing which classes/levels that get it are not helpful. We all know a recast head helps one color predominantly, and couple others marginally. The rule was obviously pushed by those with an agenda. It has tainted the Light pro class from day one.

Re: the original post May 18, 2016 05:47AM
Your a regular internet tough guy or have psycic abilities to know how the LLSS class will ever turn out. I am pretty sure you havent even looked at some of the new LLSS iron that has been built lately to make comments its in the stone age.

Now not to play hijacker. My opinion on Re-cast heads. Which isnt the original exact question but I am going to post this anyways. They should not be legal except in classes that allow billet heads, but it would be no use to run them in those classes. Light Pro, Limited Pro, Super Farm should be OEM cast heads. Everyone talks about growing pulling. It makes it harder for the guy in Hot Farm or something of that nature to jump up when your engine program doubles or triples in cost.

Re: the original post May 18, 2016 09:04AM
I also agree oem only. The sport is way out of control on cost!! There is no differnce between a solid recast and a billet steel if it is built and ported correctly.

Re: the original post May 18, 2016 02:05PM
recast heads are not the real problem, it's not having any common sense limits on injection pumps and turbos in the limited pro classes.

Re: the original post May 18, 2016 02:28PM
Don't worry its just like every other class the cost to compete will kill it. and in a few years it will die and come back with a new name and start the cycle all over again

Re: the original post May 18, 2016 02:55PM
that is very true, growing up in the 60s and 70s watching tractor pulling was fairly simple. The classes were usually 5,7,9,and 12 super stock with a 5 and 7 hot rod. Now there are so many different variations of classes its hard to keep track of them all.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,720, Posts: 229,839, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,969.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro