Henry, IL. Pull July 16. July 08, 2016 05:36AM
PPL Pull Saturday July 16th in Henry, IL. Start Time 5:00. 8 Classes as listed below. Seating for 5,200. Advance tickets available @ 309-364-2814.
General admission on sale at 2:00. $25 for adults and $10 for children 12 and under. 4 - Bungart sleds. No parking fees. Infield is free and open all day.
Classes:
Super Modified Tractors
Mini Rods
Pro Stock Tractors
Limited Pro Stock Tractors
Unlimited Super Stock Tractors
Lite Wt. Super Stock Tractors
Diesel Super Stock 4WD Trucks
Modified 4WD Trucks

Re: Henry, IL. Pull July 16. July 08, 2016 02:21PM
Jerry, We can't wait for this event and are very excited. We are bringing a couple first timers this year and the questions have not stopped since the rain out last year. I seem to ask this every year, but I only humbly ask to prepare the guests I bring of what to expect. What kind of opening ceremonies are you having this year? I know 2014 was quite extensive and plans were to correct those for 2015 as referenced on the attached thread. If they can be narrowed as well as keep the down town between vehicles to a minimum, I can't see where there will be any complaints from anyone. If I hear them out of my group, they may just be walking home.. Smiling=

Can't wait...and Lord, please keep the rain away. Thank you again for spearheading this event.

[www.pulloff.com]
[www.pulloff.com]
[www.pulloff.com]

Re: Henry, IL. Pull July 16. July 08, 2016 04:28PM
MMTZU. This year there will be no opening ceremony outside of introducing Butch Krieger and his two sons whom will announce the pull, invocation and national anthem. 2014 was very uncomfortable for our crew due to what you witnessed. I personally will miss honoring a veteran or real time special person, but the show must go on without long delays. We will start as close to 5:00 as possible. 8 classes is a load. This will be the 18th year for America's Pull with one rain out. We have been very fortunate. The Henry tracks have been renovated with 5,000 yards of new clay. Put over 21,000 gallons of water plus 2" of rain into them the past week. Will finish sealing them up tomorrow. We will have 4 packer rollers, three - 3 pt. scrapers, sheep's foot, two road graders and a skid steer with a front mount leveler working tire holes where they spin out. This will speed things up. I think every pull has issues with vehicle turn frequency rate. Either you race to get off the track or you do a good job to make it fair for all contestants. I prefer fairness above all. A huge family owned company from Chicago is adding $3,000 cash for the winner of the Modified Tractor Class. They come from the suburbs just for the Mods. Do you think there will be some bent throttle levers in that class? LOL Please find me at the pull and I will be pleased to shake your hand. Your post was very kind and motivating to me. I have met some great people working with this sport, you sound like a good one to meet! See you in Henry July 16.
Best Regard,
Jerry Read

Re: Henry, IL. Pull July 16. July 09, 2016 05:51AM
When will mods most likely run? Coming to see them from long distance!

Re: Henry, IL. Pull July 16. July 09, 2016 06:19AM
Planning to run the mods mid way through the event. 4 classes on each track. Start time 5:00

Re: Henry, IL. Pull July 16. July 12, 2016 02:43PM
Weather looking good for Henry, July 16. Hi of 79, no rain forecast. Saw the renovated twin clay tracks being leveled by a road grader. They told me 21,000 gallons of water plus 2" of rain. Looking good! Talk of the mods running middle of the show instead of the end.

Re: Henry, IL. Pull July 16. July 12, 2016 11:22PM
Been comming to Henery for 14 years even last year only to have to make the 2 hr trip back home. Will definitly be there again,wouldn't miss it.Weather looks to be great.A big thank you to you Jerry and your whole crew for putting on such a great show,see you saturday.

Re: Henry, IL. Pull July 16. July 13, 2016 01:40AM
If you pull both super stock classes, prostock and the mods in the first session,then take intermission to rebuild the track .
I would be home earlier also. lol.

$3,000 extra for Modfied winner in Henry July 16. July 13, 2016 03:00PM
Ozinga Materials Inc., based in Chicago, Il. with a quarry in Henry, delivered $3,000 to the pull committee today intended for the winner of the modified tractor class July 16. Ozinga is a family owned company that is very active in the communities they do business in. The America's Pull Committee wishes to thank the Ozinga Family for their interest in tractor and truck pulling. Hopefully more corporations will see this great public relations opportunity and get involved in this sport.

Re: Henry, IL. Pull July 16. July 14, 2016 05:38AM
Jerry, Again, thank you for the communication you have regarding your event on this board. "My crew" is very excited and looking forward to it. The event staff will surely have their hands full with 8 classes in one evening so I would think everyone ought to leave feeling very blessed once the night is over. The forecast has no rain in it with a high of low-80s (maybe). What more could a fan ask for !! For the fan, Saturday can't get here soon enough. Thanks again.

Re: Henry, IL. Pull July 16. July 16, 2016 05:16PM
Can't say anything else except what an awesome time. Thank you Jerry, Henry, and crew for putting on a fantastic show. But you can tell the Mav TV camera man on the scissors hoist he can move another 50-100 feet down the track towards the entrance to the pits. Cool

Re: Henry, IL. Pull July 16. July 16, 2016 06:34PM
Great pull, just extremely disappointed with the rest of the fairgrounds

Re: Henry, IL. Pull July 16. July 17, 2016 06:43AM
What's so bad about the rest of the fairgrounds? I thought it was also a great show except for starting 45 minutes late.

Re: Henry, IL. Pull July 16. July 20, 2016 07:38AM
Thank you mmztu. Was a fun evening. Glad everyone was careful with no incidents. July 15, 2017. Looking at 8 classes again. Best Regards, Jerry

Re: Henry, IL. Pull July 16. July 17, 2016 09:03AM
Great event. Wasnt much of a fair for the kids to attend from what I remember. Why did the event start 45 minutes late?

Re: Henry, IL. Pull July 16. July 17, 2016 10:24AM
yeah the 45 min late start was from the slow gear those track packers and graders were running as i stood at the start line with many Light Super Drivers saying lets get it going

HILLSBORO ROCKS

Re: Henry, IL. Pull July 16. July 17, 2016 11:08AM
I was there and didn't understand that they had all day to get the track ready weather was perfect and they still couldn't start on time poor planning when you have a sold out crowd

Re: Henry, IL. Pull July 16. July 20, 2016 03:25PM
The last two posts about the late start are correct. Should have started track work earlier, about 2:30. Henry is going through a complete change of guard. Only one operator on the track had ever done it before. Rollers got going after the pull started. This is not excuse making, just growing pains that we are going through. Probably would have been the same result in 2015 if we hadn't been rained out. We will regroup in about two weeks and talk about what should have been done and try to be better next year. Appreciate you coming to the pull and hope you return to see if we do better next year July 15. Thank you, Jerry Read

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,948, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,033.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009