Front axel question... July 15, 2016 10:05AM
I have a 1995 Chevy K 2500 and am looking to put in a different front axle to start building a pulling truck for a Super street class. I am not exactly sure what front axel it has now but I know it's not a straight axle and it does have CV shafts. Any recommendations a? Sorry, new to pulling.

Re: Front axel question... July 16, 2016 03:32AM
You are looking for a solid axle swap, I assume? You could use a 70's-80's chevy axle, but need the transfer case as well because the driveshaft and differential are on the wrong side. Otherwise you need a Ford or Dodge axle to use your existing T-case. Unless you happen to find a chevy 4x4 van which has the correct axle.

Re: Front axel question... July 16, 2016 04:37AM
Great, thanks for the information. Yes, I want to go to a straight axle. I am planning on different transfer case and transmission. What options would u recommend with a straight axle?

Re: Front axel question... July 17, 2016 07:21AM
Dana 60 front. K30 Chevy. I would get a single rear wheel 60. The dual rear wheel 60 has huge offset to the outside.
New Process 205 transfer case. You can get the "Married" to the transmission one and a 435 four speed transmission, or a "divorced" case. (Stand alone).
You can get stuff from ProFab to make the 205 stronger, as well as custom gears.
Pro Fab also has special gear packages for the 435 transmission.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,842, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,969.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro