Westfair in Council Bluffs July 29, 2016 05:13AM
Thanks for a great pull last night. Great turnout of pullers and the crowd was the biggest they have ever had. Great show put on by the PPL Western Series and Nebraska Bush classes. Thanks to the fair board for having us there and look forward to next year.

Re: Westfair in Council Bluffs July 29, 2016 07:10AM
I would agree that it was a great show and it was nice to see some different iron than what we normally see up here. The weather was great and it was nice to be able to come visit and spectate for a change of pace. Hats off the the Westfair board, the Clark Brothers, the Sponsors, and all the volunteers that put this event on.

Chris Bouc
MATTPA President
president@mattpa.com
www.mattpa.com
www.facebook.com/gomattpa

Re: Westfair in Council Bluffs July 29, 2016 09:23AM
We'll let me tell you my opinion and the others with me. We live right here in Omaha and been coming to the pull for years and they really stepped the pull up the last couple of years. We had no idea this year they had changed till we sit down and no big screen. Then when pull started knew it had changed. I guess the new people from these different clubs can get on here and thank the fair board and sugar coat it but not near the pull they have had the last couple of years. I wasn't the only ones talking about that in the stands. As far as crowd goes don't think it was as big as last year but with fair going on can't really compare. I would say that last years pull made this years crowd and it was cooler weather. I will be back next year no matter who they have for pull as that is what we do. Make no mistake this wasn't near the pull they had last year. No big pro stocks, modified tractors with two or three engines and jet engines, that big screen and the announcer.

Re: Westfair in Council Bluffs July 29, 2016 09:44AM
there was a big screen on a telehandler at the end of the track. you must be blind

Re: Westfair in Council Bluffs July 29, 2016 10:18AM
More like a small screen in my opinion. Not near the info. For you to say to see stuff we normally do not see out here is stupid. Heck the announcer said they would be in Iowa and twice in Nebraska this weekend alone. They were at Springfield, NE and Geenfield, Jefferson and Corydon, IA and Leigh also. None of these pulls were as good as last years pull here and I bet the crowd is down next year because of it. A lot if people were talking about it not being as good. Had all them rigs from Texas and South Dakota last year. Only 4 classes this year and no 2wd trucks.

Re: Westfair in Council Bluffs July 29, 2016 11:01AM
Hold on a sec don't post anymore yet "hometown" and "really" I've gotta go get some popcorn this is getting good.

Re: Westfair in Council Bluffs July 29, 2016 02:41PM
Hometown boy
We'll let me tell you my opinion and the others with me. We live right here in Omaha and been coming to the pull for years and they really stepped the pull up the last couple of years. We had no idea this year they had changed till we sit down and no big screen. Then when pull started knew it had changed. I guess the new people from these different clubs can get on here and thank the fair board and sugar coat it but not near the pull they have had the last couple of years. I wasn't the only ones talking about that in the stands. As far as crowd goes don't think it was as big as last year but with fair going on can't really compare. I would say that last years pull made this years crowd and it was cooler weather. I will be back next year no matter who they have for pull as that is what we do. Make no mistake this wasn't near the pull they had last year. No big pro stocks, modified tractors with two or three engines and jet engines, that big screen and the announcer.

Lucky for you now u get mine. I think it's pathetic that the measure of a pull is based off the size of the screen you are watching it on. Pretty soon you pansies will demand it be live fed to your living room for free.

There is two recurring themes in threads like this. #1 " No big prostocks" I swear there is only one person on the world wide Web that says this. I mean really who actually says that? What is the definition of a big prostock? What's a small prostock? Smiling ! Which brings us to #2 the sentiment and wording is nearly identical in these posts. No this, no that and no freaking balls to post a name.....

Re: Westfair in Council Bluffs July 29, 2016 04:09PM
Well big prostocks be the ones that weigh 10000lbs. But those also have 5" chargers and coolers. So outlaw prostock must be what mid-sized pro stocks? Also Doug you shouldn't play the park of the crazy ex girlfriend. It's ok he's moved on, and yes she might be a little better looking then you, but it's ok time to move on. Also since it's pretty obvious that the two "posters" above weren't actually at the pull the big screen was 10' same size as the outlaws. There were trucks there from Indiana, like people watching actually care about vehicles coming from Texas. And there were 6 classes with more diesel pickups then the outlaws get in two shows.

Re: Westfair in Council Bluffs July 29, 2016 04:47PM
Say what you want about Doug without posting your name, but at least he post with his name and you no where it comes from. Every association has pulls with some better than others. Why they changed from Outlaws to PPL was probably money, not for sure. I did see the pull and yes not as good as Outlaws but good pull. Had a good bunch of trucks, but yes didn't have the bigger pro stock smoke and not sure on rules but nothing that good there this time. And when you take out about 15 2wd trucks and 8 modified tractors it does make a difference. That screen they had this year not as good as last years. Just my 2 cents.

Re: Westfair in Council Bluffs July 30, 2016 06:48AM
Im a real big fan of the Limited Limited Limited 8500 prostocks and I also like the Limited Limited 4.1s and Im a real big fan of the Limited Big Prostock tractors. Great show and I hear next summer that ntpa and ppl will be live streamed on the big screen with real Prostocks.

Re: Westfair in Council Bluffs July 29, 2016 01:55PM
They were in Springfield, Ne? That's funny, I live right by Springfield and we had quite a bit of rain friday night into Saturday morning and the pull was cancelled. I didn't see any of the tractors that pulled last night make a pass Saturday night in Springfield.

Re: Westfair in Council Bluffs July 29, 2016 07:45PM
Unbelievable pull,the 4.1s put on a he'll of a show, 340 to 360 wow the big screen not that I give a you know what was bigger than dougies PPL Rocks!!!!

Re: Westfair in Council Bluffs July 29, 2016 11:54PM
We thought the pull was better than the last two years. 8500 class was great. Similar to Outlaws in quality, but different vehicles to look at. Some of us like watching something different. The previous years pull, like most Outlaw pulls in this area, always started the same with the light limited pros followed by the Superfarms. That usually takes up 90 minutes or so with vehicles that could be pulling against each other in the same class.

The guy who posted above under the three different names also must have went to ride some carnival rides during the four wheel drive class. They had multiple trucks there with Champions Tour wins under their belt plus the Midnight Raider truck out of Michigan which has won several national points titles. The unlimited class also had some big names in it.

Those 4.1's were flat out awesome. They let them get up and run with most going down the track at over 30 mph. After that class, no one near us was complaining about where the pro stocks were. Very few can tell the difference between Wide Loose Deere and an Outlaw pro stock when they come roaring by.

The big screen looks the same size with a better picture. They should type in the names of pullers and distances though like the Outlaws do. That would help.

Re: Westfair in Council Bluffs July 30, 2016 01:48AM
Didn't this just play out last week with the Warrensburg/Montgomery City thread. Some people like 4wd trucks, some like 2wd. Some like mod tractors, some like SF and some are apparently particular at what order they hook at a pull. Just be thankful we have good pulling. When a fan gets on here and gives his opinion and you don't like it, doesn't mean that all feel that ways. Just his opinion and probably just as many feel the other way.

Re: Westfair in Council Bluffs July 30, 2016 03:18AM
Personally I like both brands. I am a fan of tractor pulling. Period. My guess is 95% of fans feel the same way. Competition is great. It brings out the best in everyone. Some of us more avid fans appreciate variety so it's nice to see the Western Series expand westward. One thing that PPL offers us out here is the chance to just about anyone show up (like a Jim Bosch out of Michigan) whereas Outlaws always has the same group of pullers even at their major pulls. The Outlaws do have better numbers in my neck of the woods though and they are fiercely loyal with some who won't pull with anyone else. They consistently put on good shows. For the fan above fan who was critical earlier, I don't think the Outlaws were even an option for them this year as it didn't fit well with their schedule. They are in high demand and sometimes spread a little thin.

Re: Westfair in Council Bluffs July 30, 2016 06:22AM
I would like to thank all the fans and competitors for coming to our pull. It was very exciting to see all the Champions Tour vehicles show up that you see on TV and they couldn't be happier to be there and were really nice folks to talk to. Our crowd was outstanding and the weather was perfect. Our regular fair goers and many others have expressed their opinions that this was the best pull they have seen here in 20 years and it was nice to see some iron they haven't ever seen. We hired a private guy that had the big screen, we didn't realize he could've done the lineups and distances, but we will have that fixed for next year. We are very excited to get things lined up for next year hope to see everyone back.

Craig Peterson
Westfair Board Member

Re: Westfair in Council Bluffs July 30, 2016 03:22PM
Thank you for the good words Craig. We were honered to be a part of your show and are excited to grow with you in the future. You have our numbers and can call anytime if there is anything at all we can do to help. Thanks again!

Brandon Holcomb
PPL Western Series Staff

Re: Westfair in Council Bluffs July 31, 2016 03:45PM
I have to say that Wayne has done a good job over the past couple of years as well. I have been going there and Wisner for a number of years. Wayne going to two tracks was a great idea. Who ever runs that has done an amazing job with making that all flow. The past two years have looked like about as well run show as I have ever seen. That is saying a lot because it's not the easiest place to to get around in. Things are pretty cramped. I have enjoyed watching the whole thing operate since you can pretty much see it all from everyone coming down the hill and into the stagging area and on to the track to pull. Everyone seems to know what there supposed to do and when to do it. I don't know if that is a result of PPL or just fair being that organized. Everything seems tight and lots of equipment moving all around and somehow it all flows flawless. PPL has brought some champions tour trucks and tractors to this area and that is nice to be able to see. We're very lucky to have a lot of good pulling in the northeast part of Nebraska. I don't get coughs up in what classes are there. I personally just want to see a well run tractor pull that flows with out a lot of down time in between hooks. Both associations out west seem to do very well with that.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009