How PPL accidently helped NTPA August 24, 2016 04:14AM
There's an old saying that a rising tide raises all boats. PPL's change to their PS Diesel FWD class actually improved the NTPA SSD FWD class.

Please correct me if this is incorrect, but the prior rule was 3.0 charger. The new PPL rule for their Pro Stock diesels is (I believe) 3.6 charger and the puller tires.

This helped NTPA in that several PPL PS trucks have ran in the NTPA SSD class, very competitively.
I believe both Curt Haisley and Jon Bair are single charger 3.6 trucks. Several of these were among the record 23 entries at Bowling Green. Both run the PPL Silver Series in their PS diesel class.

Curt's "Off Constantly" has done well in Region 2 and may have won a hook, and Bair was in the top 5 last weekend. While PPL's changes were in what they believe is in the best interest of their PS Diesel class, it also helped their rival. Both organizations have benefitted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2016 04:15AM by The Original Michael.

Re: How PPL accidently helped NTPA August 26, 2016 06:15AM
I am not sure what you are getting at here. The old rule was not effective at all and the class was running a lot of 4.1" turbos with a 3" ring hanging in front. The new rule is 3.6 smooth bore which is probably actually taking power away from the class. I actually think that they should just go ahead and make it a prostock class and allow any single turbo, then the cross competition would be a lot more between the single chargers and the multi chargers. Look at how well the single turbo trucks have done in the super semi class.

Re: How PPL accidently helped NTPA August 26, 2016 11:54AM
I am not following what your getting at either

Re: How PPL accidently helped NTPA August 26, 2016 02:12PM
The Original Michael
PPL's change to their PS Diesel FWD class actually improved the NTPA SSD FWD class.
The Original Michael
This helped NTPA in that several PPL PS trucks have ran in the NTPA SSD class, very competitively.
The Original Michael
While PPL's changes were in what they believe is in the best interest of their PS Diesel class, it also helped their rival.
The Original Michael
Both organizations have benefitted.
Why are you guys struggling to figure this out. It's really simple. PPL changed their rules and it helped the numbers in BG. (it helped PPL too but it also helped NTPA).

Re: How PPL accidently helped NTPA August 27, 2016 12:49AM
Those PS FWD with the 3.6 charger have been doing very well in the Region 2 SSD FWD class. 1800 horse vs. 3200 horse is what Van Haisley told me. Curt Haisley's "Off Constantly" has won 2 of the 8 events the truck has pulled at. Tied for wins with SSD "Nut Job", second in points. Points leader, "Rock Hard Ram" has one win. August "the PULLER" informs the reader of more in the LaPorte, IN coverage.

Currently, the 2 PS FWD are 4th & 5th in points - "Off Constantly" & "Grin & Bair It". 2 hooks reamin to finish their NTPA Region 2 season. It has been nice to have them join in with the SSD FWD and mix up the results. Just like when the PS Semi do likewise with the Super Semi.

The 3.0/3.6 PS FWD in brush pulling and at NTPA Sandwich IL is always a really good class. With the quality of those trucks out there, it sure would be nice to see them offered at many NTPA events. After all, these trucks bring in the younger fan base.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,657, Posts: 229,736, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,071, Posts: 225,920.

Our newest member JD_8520