wedge lock pulley removal August 30, 2016 02:15PM
What is the best way to remove the wedge from a kennys pulling parts hub. Do you just use the threaded holes and use bolts to push it on the end of the crank to force it out of the hub since it sticks out above the hub for the dampner? Different from other ones we had before. Figured I would try on here before I call them. Thanks for any help.

Re: wedge lock pulley removal August 31, 2016 02:21PM
let us know what you find out.

Re: wedge lock pulley removal August 31, 2016 03:14PM
Kennys is the hardest one that i have taken off i have a puller to remove it

Re: wedge lock pulley removal September 01, 2016 03:05PM
We ruined a puller trying to get our ATI damper off also. Anyone ever tried liquid nitrogen? Or could it possibly make the crank nose brittle?

Re: wedge lock pulley removal September 02, 2016 05:54AM
R u guys putting antisieze on crank and hub when installing?

Re: wedge lock pulley removal September 04, 2016 09:44AM
Make a "bird cage" that bolts to the front of the hub with 2 of the bolts long enough to install a porta power cylinder. Put the ram against the nose of the crank and push the hub right off easily without wrecking anything. I would not use anti seize as the hub and the crank are supposed to be "one" to prevent damage to the crank. Loosen the bolts that pull the taper to the hub, smack them with a dead blow hammer to release the lock, then push the hub/balancer off with the hydralic action of the porta power.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009