National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 05, 2017 12:02AM
Copies of these rules will be available at Gordyville. See me in the pit area on Saturday or visit the Hook Magazine booth for a copy. I think everyone agrees this needed to be done and all the rules were close but not the same. I am NOT taking full credit for this accomplishment. I was involved as well as the rest of the listed people representing many areas of the mid west and south. Many others chose not to be involved, but want to be informed and copies of the finish product. I was contacted in Sept 2016 and asked if I would help. Conference calls took place most Saturdays for 2 to 2 1/2 hrs. even Christmas Eve to get this complete by Gordyville. I would like to thank Brad Powell for asking me to be involved and all the people listed who had input and open minded of others and represented the well being of this class. It was a pleasure working with this group of individuals. Hope to see everybody at Gordyville. Happy 2017 pulling Season.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 05, 2017 01:18AM
Ed - Great news. Can you shoot me a copy via email or is there a place to download them?

Thanks,

Chris

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 05, 2017 09:15AM
Thank you to all those involved with this. It will be so nice to be able to hook somewhere new knowing the rules are standardized.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 05, 2017 11:26AM
I'd like to know what these new rules are? Heck my two tractors may be illegal before they even leave the shop??!

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 07, 2017 04:40PM
Cody by the time yours leave the shop they will be legal if theyre not now lol

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 08, 2017 02:05AM
If NTPA,PPL,and Outlaws can't come together on Super Farm rules how does some self appointed experts going to change pulling for future generations. There's several 100 state organizations with what seems a 100 sets of rules. A handful of pullers writing a set of rules for what could be the biggest in pulling is truly a waste of your time and mine for even reading this take a hit for me will ya.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 08, 2017 04:24AM
Well wishful thanks for the shitty wishful thinking of your opinion that nobody could care less about at least they are trying to do something wich talking with the llss guys everyone seems to be on board it was also more promoters pullers an presidents of other organizations that helped get the National rules started

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 08, 2017 04:41AM
Show Me don't talk about it.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 09, 2017 03:55AM
Wisconsin clubs aren't going to go by them rules. You shouldn't let five people basically decide what the rules are going to be.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 09, 2017 04:39AM
I agree that more people should have been involved. I know that the Badger State members were not contacted. We have a puller that has been pulling for 57 years, that's alot off experience to ask questions too

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 09, 2017 05:35AM
Wow you wonder why they never got a hold of Larry or badger state? Um maybe because you guys just voted to allow a alky tractor in at your banquet in December and they have been working on the national rules for a year

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 09, 2017 08:00AM
And hear I thought is was no one liked are rules

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 09, 2017 10:40AM
PDF file will be available when down loaded to me. I expect it soon. Stand by.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 12:51AM
As a puller of the LLSS class and speaking to other pullers in Gordyville the group that put this together should have had more pullers involved, or at least the people that were involved should have been talking to all of the pullers in there respective area more. Now don't get me wrong I think getting these rules together is a great idea. BUT I don't think the people involved in this asked or spoke to the pullers enough. Just my 2 cent opinion. I will tell you I am not a BSTP LLSS class fan, but they should have at least had a seat at the table. They may have only allowed diesel when this group was formed, but the whole reason for this group was to unify rules across the county so why wouldn't you get them involved so they at the least knew what the future was holding for them if they wanted to switch. Also supposedly there was a meeting in Gordyville on this topic. Myself and some of the other pullers I spoke with knew nothing about it. I feel a little disappointed in how the process was done, but water under the bridge now. I still plan on pulling and supporting the LLSS class across the country.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 01:11AM
I know there are people out there that don't agree with are rules. But I don't agree with Cummins in a IH rear end . They are calling in a heritage rule, we feel that there should be a paper trail for a replacement engine. I ask questions to try to understand the reasoning.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 12:53PM
DAVID the paper trail your looking for is THIS none of us go out and buy a new model tractor to make into a puller we all take a 560 .656.4 or5000 ford 4010 jd or such to make our puller theres no paper trail for none of those models to use anything other than what came out in them including yours .technically you are crying wolf when your doing the barking go to the farm show The JOHN DEARE BOYS ARE GOING TO GET TO USE CUMMINS NOW YOUR ANSWER each time a company builds a new 100hp tractor the model that takes THE OLD MODELES place is the FACTORY REPLACEMENT TO THE PREVIOS MODEL the old ntpa rule that the cranckshaft has to swing in the original block has been gone for years

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 01:19PM
Ok Lewis I understand your point, but then why don't the new rear ends get used with Cummins that it comes in?

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 01:27PM
Hey that's what Jordan's Spiegelberg's Massey has new rear end and Cummins , his good David ??

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 02:17PM
Probably for the same reason we don't se Blue bird school busses in the class because a dt 360 was never put in any IH tractor ever or why we don't se 5488 ih rear ends in the class or tw20 Fords or 4840 Johns or DX140 deutz rear ends in the class and in case you didn't no a 401 or 456 was never a factory replacement for a 4or5 thousand ford and a 400 series dt360s or a agg 360 was never a replacement for a 656.666,686 and there is no paper trail to prove it. Is this more understandable if not I'm sorry I give up

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 02:23PM
lewis
DAVID the paper trail your looking for is THIS none of us go out and buy a new model tractor to make into a puller we all take a 560 .656.4 or5000 ford 4010 jd or such to make our puller theres no paper trail for none of those models to use anything other than what came out in them including yours .technically you are crying wolf when your doing the barking go to the farm show The JOHN DEARE BOYS ARE GOING TO GET TO USE CUMMINS NOW YOUR ANSWER each time a company builds a new 100hp tractor the model that takes THE OLD MODELES place is the FACTORY REPLACEMENT TO THE PREVIOS MODEL the old ntpa rule that the cranckshaft has to swing in the original block has been gone for years

And to think so many complained when I wanted to put an IH 360 in front of a 560 rear 15 years ago. smh

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 02:38AM
I think all clubs that offer a LLSS type of class was contacted and asked if they wanted to participate in this project. Many said yes and a few said no. Ask your club president or your class rep if they where contacted and see what they say. I know our club had one person involved and he did a great job of keeping the class members informed on the progress. I am glad our club was involved in this first ever class specific rules making project.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 02:57AM
Many of the guys involved were taking with people that pull in there organizations.
Maybe you should be talking to your representative about this.
The meeting at Gordyville was for the representatives not all that pull in the class.
Could you image what would be if that was the case nothing would be accomplished.
From my understanding Bager State knew about the meetings and chose not to be involved.
Ed had a post on here asking for anyone that was interested to call him. Did you call?
These rules have alot of pulling experience behind them. Alot of effort and peoples time went into this.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 03:34AM
Where was the post to call to be involved? And who was the person the they contacted? Because are rep was there .

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 04:10AM
They were aware long before Gordyville. This all didnt just start at Gordyville.
That meeting was a face to face get together for all the ones who were involved for the past few months.
Actually you were the one that was told about 4 weeks ago to contact Ed Shoobridge on this forum.
Would you like me to copy and paste it for you?

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 04:30AM
OK for the first question. Who did they contact?

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 07:16AM
Go back to page 8 and Ed tells you and any others interested to contact him. So I think you knew from the start of this project who to contact for info.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 07:20AM
And from that post I picked up Nebraska and Texas.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 09, 2017 06:16AM
really, five? and what club do pull in Wisc? DZ?

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 05:32AM
I would think these rules will need to be voted on before they will be adopted by any of the clubs out there. Either way I would think most all clubs rules cannot be changed at this point until the next annual meeting and have already be set for the 2017 season. Just because a set of rules was made by a group of people doesn't mean its law now for all of the clubs out there. Last I checked we still live in America and not a dictatorship.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 06:50AM
Is there a list of the clubs that were included in this discussion/vote?

---

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 07:01AM
Yes, its on the back page. However others were asked and didn't want to be involved but many of them said they wanted a copy when we were complete.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 11:02AM
Yep several clubs got together and made something happen . So you get guys with Wishfuls attitude who cry boohoo so what. Things are moving forward with or without that attitude. Congrats to all who participated , our rep did a fantastic job of reporting back results of conference calls and the discussions that went on. In this sport you move forward or get left behind the numbers of tractors represented by these clubs that participated is significant which gives them the clout they all deserve for making it happen . Thank you to all who want the future of this class to be strong and last . Mark Gabel "Fathers Pride" proud LLSS supporter and puller.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 08, 2017 07:24AM
Ain't that the truth. lol

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 08, 2017 08:35AM
I'm glad there are rules, now it would be great if we could get a pdf of these rules uploaded here since not everyone was a Gordyville.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 08, 2017 08:54AM
OK, it is Sunday......Gordyville ended Saturday.........give bEd time to get home and sleep. He will have them here soon. A big congrats to all the clubs who participated in this project.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 08, 2017 11:38AM
I no of a lot of clubs that's already committed to taking them

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 04:18AM
Im still wondering who the other pullers were involved and how many of them were making rules for the sport or making sure they have a place to pull. Here in the big Mo. there are some stuck in the 70s with tractors and rules so everybody pays the price. Basically were the pullers making these rules point champions or pullers just trying to hold on or hold back the rest.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 05:37AM
Here are a few points that should help everyone to understand how these national rules were developed. There were several people who participated in one or more of the conference calls from many different states. Some folks attended only one call and others attended every single call. There was never any effort to discourage anyone from participating in the discussions and as stated earlier on this thread, there was an open invitation for different groups to contact Ed so that they could be included if they wanted. From the start, and on every call, it was understood that these rules discussions should NOT be based on anyone's own tractor, but only what was best for the growth and unity of the class in general. Anyone could have input during the discussions, but only club representatives would be allowed to have a final vote and only 1 vote per organization. It was never intended that any organization would be forced to use these rules if they didn't want them. The intention was to ensure that events that were scheduled on a National (travel series) would have a uniform set of rules so that there would be no surprises when a competitor showed up at the pull.
Wayne Stine

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 05:51AM
By the way, wouldn't this be an easier discussion if everybody just used their real names?

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 06:31AM
Just a little clarification to Wayne's Statement. These rules were more than just for the Travel Schedule, All the organizations involved agreed to adopt these LLSS rules,
So that everyone would be the same. Now we realize there will be a transition period to get every club on the same page. But that is the whole point of having a set of National Rules
Ron Bailey

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 07:17AM
Wishful, the answer is no.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 10, 2017 08:02AM
Wishful, I like your comments about how this could possibly be accomplished when national organizations can not come together on classes. Politics did not play a part in this. If it did I would not been a part of it. Also sandboxes with high sides to keep tractors in or out were not a part of this. So when your dealing with people who don't have hidden agendas but have the best interest in mind for the future of this class I believe we did a good job. Don't get me wrong it wasn't easy and very time consuming. The bottom line if you don't like them, the rules, build a sand box and stay in it. I realize many organizations have rules in place for 2017. Some have told us they were holding off to see the outcome. We made no promises on time of completion, we didn't know when they would be complete. Sooo where are they now you ask??? After the meeting at Gordyville a revision was to be made. It was and forward to me and the next step forward to all Rule Committee Members for their concurrence and then released to Pull Off on this thread as a attachment. Thanks. If the Russians don't hack my computer maybe tonight or tomorrow am.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 11, 2017 12:38AM
I hope this works. Had problems this am with loading files. The PDF file should have 1/10/17 date on it bottom of page 8.
Attachments:
open | download - Light Limited Super Stock (national rules).pdf (123.4 KB)

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 11, 2017 12:43AM
Yes. PDF is correct above.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 11, 2017 01:07AM
Forgive My obvious lack of intellect but why wouldn't you keep it simple and run the same turbo on all the diesel tractors. After all the evening factors are already done with the cubic inches and other variables. Really hope our group sticks with what we already have.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 11, 2017 01:53AM
Whats your group?

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 11, 2017 02:25AM
WTPA

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 11, 2017 04:13AM
at the cheese city challenge in Monroe wi . sunday aug.27th, with a purse of 5-6000.00 , the diesel tractors from BSTP that cannot make 6250 will b allowed 2 run at 6500#s with a smooth cover ,,, also air ride front ends will b allowed .

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 11, 2017 09:40AM
I don't know John, a weight difference of 250 might think your showing a favoritism to Badger State.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 11, 2017 11:40AM
First John and I are friends, and if some of your can't take a joke then so be it. Secondly if I parked it , it means given to you , so that won't happen

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 11, 2017 12:38PM
Ed, nice seeing you and others at gordyville. I'm so glad to see your computer didn't get hacked into by the Russians . I want to thank you and the other who put in the hours to try to unite the class from around as one. It's impossible to please everybody. Looking forward to this season along with a great bunch of guys to pull with.

Brett Stoner

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 11, 2017 01:07PM
I think the rules turned out just fine and when several groups gets things established more should follow including our friend David

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 12, 2017 02:42PM
The turbo rule for ALL diesels should be the same - no matter which one is chosen. The engine to chassis rule should be clarified. Also I see no rule that prohibits "decubing of engines" . Has that been considered?

Good idea and hats off to those who did the work. Some clarification is needed in these areas.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 13, 2017 09:37AM
Well the decubing was probably overlooked and was something that didn't need discussed because because theres a lot of decubed tractors already running and has been for years, The turbo I'm with you but you did notice it said for one year If I were you i wouldn't go out and buy a high dollar 3.4 turbo for at least a year and if if you do you better hold it back .The chassis rule if JD put a 5,9 cummins in any JD tractor put it in whichever one you want

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 13, 2017 03:07PM
I have read the rules and for the most part, I think they are good rules. The only one that I don't agree with is the 470 cubic inch rule. In my opinion(which no one asked for and I am ok with that), because you are allowing that many cubic inches, some will always want more in the future. The cubic inches at 505 is one thing that has hurt the lss class that I pull in.

Clark Oltmanns
Lincoln, Illinois

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 13, 2017 08:53PM
Before I make comment I will just say no matter what if somebody wants to spend the money and build to the edge of rules they will do it. Now as far as the fear of cubic inches the 470 rule won't ever have a reason to increase. If adjustments need to be made to this combination that can happen with the chargers or something bolt on. WNY has been hooking tractors at 315, 370, 410, and 470( or 480 for the Hercules) together for years and it has worked well. It's an "entry level class" and having options helps guys get started and is what keeps it from being a cookie cutter class.. The biggest credit to it working is the members putting the future of the clubs and class ahead of personal quests or agendas. Personally I am more involved as a fan/promoter these days but I love the direction this class is heading. Hats off to Ed and the gang for starting the travel series and all the clubs that made way for it to work the last two years and now with uniform rules it will only grow. Looking forward to seeing everybody at Langford again this year!

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 14, 2017 04:17AM
theses are supposed 2 b a national set of rules but like always the rules have been tailor fit to the fellas involved in wrighting them ,,,,,,,,, the alky side is cut and dry but the diesel side is HIGHLY tailored to sum involved ,,,, which is really very disappointing ,,,,,, a group of guys thinking that they are thinking on a national level and then tailor to a select few .....why oh why would we ever need to allow a special paragraph for a single one in the country 478 Hercules when decubing is a blanket rule north to south ????? oh yeah ,,they forgot that paragraph .....and with everyother selected tiny little allowance rule why not the 250 handy capp for a non slotted cover on a BSTP tractor ,,,,,,,,and why no air ride ?????? did I mention why no airride ????????? we will all spend over 4k on the latest turbo , but when it comes to safety and chassis longjevity just sick your head right in the sand .... HELLO I'm in my office rite now and the calander and my smart phone both tell me its 2017 ,,,,,,,,now as a summary I myself am wondering why as a owner of both fueled tractors ,,, and a member and supporter of 3 organizations with 20 years of pulling experience (beside growing up in a sshit got kinda sidetracked theremall farm shop where the Meier family from Monroe WI.and the Hawthorne family would dyno there tractors , long before any of you even knew they were on the planet }........@#$%& got kinda sidetracked there ,,,,the little angry tractor has never miss gordyville and been to Murfreesboro 5 years in a row , and yet we have national rules being wrote while the fellas leave there tractors home in the warm shed ,,,,,,,if there is any pull in the USA that will separate the men from the boys its Gordyville !!!!!!!!! (hats off to all who participated) the National rules project should have included more MEN,,, with there eyes wide open ,,,,,,,,,so bla bla bla , I never knew of the meeting or was reminded ,,,,, so just because said group labeles they national rules don't mean any said pull has 2 follow ,,, I have always been screwed into using my own checkbook when I want to get things dun...(with one exception, thanks scot ) omg, I typed all this with one finger ,,,,,John R. Anderson 608 558 5590 .........did I mention why no airride ???????? 2017 !!!!!!!!

Exactly right!! January 14, 2017 04:45AM
Amen John!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2017 04:47AM by Cody.

Questions on National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 14, 2017 01:38AM
I'm confused on the turbo rules. The alky is straightforward, but the 470 gets a bigger charger than inter cooled 410 and the little twins have to run smooth bore?

What exactly is a "forward facing MAF'?

1-1/8" deck plate? Who needs one that thick?

What is meant by "Valves must seat in the bottom of the OEM head on all 6-cylinder engines."?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2017 01:40AM by Deere Puller.

Re: Questions on National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 14, 2017 01:58AM
[What is meant by "Valves must seat in the bottom of the OEM head on all 6-cylinder engines."?] So some one don't fasten a 1" plate to a cylinder head and lower the ports, build a new combustion chamber and /or move valve seats.

Re: Questions on National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 14, 2017 11:44AM
So 'bottom of the' should be deleted. Another part says valves can be moved laterally.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 14, 2017 05:16AM
the tire rule really stinks for me I have 34's on one and 23.1*30 on the other but I can adapt just don't have enough power to turn the others.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 14, 2017 11:00AM
The turbo rule on the 470 was the biggest one that sucked if the boys couldn't take 60 more cubes than every one else and make it work they should just Junk it but there was enough crying for 2 or three tractors people just gave in instead of standing firm. But it is just for one year and at least the front map is gone there was a little Buddy Buddy miss representation of some of the pullers although this is a good start that took a lot of work if every one of us was involved in trying to make the rules it would never happen .I'm not happy with all of the rules but we all should take them and give them a chance and elect officers next year from our clus that will speak for the majorty and the best interest don't matter who it pisses off

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 14, 2017 11:26AM
Turbocharger sizing should all be the same size and configuration for all and zero map rings. 4 inch max exhaust and 3 inch max inlet. Then, maybe there'll be even and fair competition.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 14, 2017 01:04PM
Airflow you are exactly right and papa john the air ride would be a good thing as long as the front end couldn't be made to be raised up and down and the 478 part the limit shoud have been 470 or 478 Hercules made the same engine in like a 464 or something

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 14, 2017 01:53PM
these r not really a national set of rules ,,,, 6 0f the 13 contacts listed are from Michigan , only one from Wi, none from Il. and none from Ia. you just cant have a national rule with any type of favoriteism ,,, and even tho I'm not against the 470 no intercooler rule there are my god sakes plenty of other 466 bracket classes across the US. and for cry ing out loud if ya cant nock 8 cubes off the herck ,,,,, and theses over 3.0 in turbo rules are insane ,,,, yes a slot on a diesel but over 3.0 get a grip and make a dyno appt....do any of you diesel boys crying for a big charger know Larry and Mark Hawthorne ???? do you know Alan and Barry Mohr from Ladora IA. DO you know Darrin Hynick from Eddyville IA. or Aaron Kreckler from Winslow IL. ,,,,,,, if any diesel thinks they need more than a 3.0 slotted to beat Deutzs and Perkins ,,,,, gettem to the dyno boys before all the tech officials commit suicide.......... and in summary ,,,credit to a ROUGH draft but these are far from national rules ......and oh yeah I 4got ,,, why no airride ,,, hell some of the production over the counter zero turn lawnmowers have all wheel suspension

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 14, 2017 02:27PM
Well so far since the rules came out the turbo has been the big issue maybe a check yes or check no questionnaire my wife spelt that word should go out to the pullers I cant se anyone other than some of us in Kentucky which is not me along with several others would want that rule since we are the only ones that's ever had it the courts systems has trials its already been on trial and everybody knows if you give something its almost impossible to take it away SO WHY start out on the wrong foot

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 15, 2017 01:18AM
What about hitch angle? Most read no more than 15 degrees.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 17, 2017 12:54PM
lewis you have run my old tractor down !! i wont try to get better ill just go ahead and junker out

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 17, 2017 02:09PM
I'm Sorry I ran your tractor down hope you can forgive me .And please don't junk it on my account. Im going to try and help if you guys could just talk to the cummins guys or the Badger state 410 guys that get a lot out of the smaller turbos and engines it would help you without asking for those huge 3.4 that somebody some day is going to call up the King of smoke while holding a empty check book and order up one that's going to take the class down people will get tired of the spending game and ouit then were will we all be .But fun wile it last its your chance go for it again I sincerely apologize but make a copy of this and put it in a time capsule and se when it gets opened the rules are made lets have fun I took my meds and happy now

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 15, 2017 03:54AM
Ol George couldn't be more right.Why in the world would you have a minimum tire size of 24.5????Its just like those organizations that have a 24.5 rule and can't run a 20.8.If your getting beat by a smaller tire than put them on!Don't eliminate someone that doesnt want to spend 10 grand on a pair of tires.As far as the rest of the rules I think this is a tech mans nightmare.But guys,dont complain on here just because this set of rules was written doesn't mean you have to run them in your organization.I have talked to many customers around the US and they said there is no way they will adopt them.On the other end,if they work for your club awesome!Oh and I dont think Papa John agrees with the air ride front end rule!Bahahaha!Hey Johnny i caught on with those subtle hints!

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 13, 2017 10:31AM
Is there going to be a tech man who checks and seals all tractors

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 15, 2017 02:59AM
BOB tractor, whoever you pull with IF they adapt these rules.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 15, 2017 06:12AM
Let me start with ol George. The 34's and 30's were discussed and yes they are legal. The reason they aren't listed is they fall into the "Flat Plate Contact Area" on the Firestone tractor tire chart between the 24.5x32 and the 30.5x32. The 23.1x34 and 23.1x30 have more sq in area than the 24.5x32's but smaller than 30x32's. Ok let me comment on the rest, my biggest fear was leaving areas out that I wasn't familiar with that could have input in the rules. When I was contacted to help with this initiative I gave names of people who I had dealings with and I knew who would have a open minds and make decisions unbiased. I didn't have any contacts west of the Mississippi, and earlier in this post it was referenced to a earlier post asking to be contacted. Someone read it because that is where we picked up Texas and Nebraska. You had your chance, you didn't respond, and its easy to be critical now. One thing all of the undersigned is guilty of is to get these rules out asap for the 2017 year. The more time that goes by the wider the spread on the rules. Also there were pulling organizations who didn't want to be involved but wanted a copy of the end results. Other comments about the whole Diesel thing: Diesel Tractors that were observed competing in combined classes where considered, dyno shops were contacted and input was considered from them, ( respectfully we didn't get hp or torque numbers from anyone's tractor) just input from them. Now consider this, not everyone has the most efficient engine built with all the best parts. The guy who hasn't the most efficient engine, (some times budget and sometimes lack of design) will always say they need more. Myself I like to make decisions on Data results. My input was based on a major truck co in the US who I have past connections with. The turbo test facility was more than happy to evaluate and work with the given info. They were happy to work with me since this wasn't driven by the EPA. I also realize things that work on paper don't always work in real life. However between their input and 3 dyno facilities the 3.4x 4 was agreed upon for the 470 ci diesels. Now give me a break, nobody was asked to spend money this year. Other existing organizations ci options were considered (315, 360, 410 and 470 ) so what I'm hearing above is lets run what I run with no consideration for others!! Come on guys your not expected to change a thing till we get together after October for a review on the diesel turbo option. "Who Does This???" The end results of all of this was we want the diesels to compete with the alcohols. What we didn't want to happen is Opps we gave the diesels TOO much and now the alcohol needs more! As far as 4 people from Mich on the rules including me, we where resource people who made the conference calls doable and helped with distribution. 4 of us had no vote only 2 who represented, Michigan truck and tractor pulling association and Thumb Tractor Pulling Assoc. as a matter of fact only the listed on the rules that had a vote represented a pulling association. Lewis, I like your ideal of developing a survey. I encourage you do do so and when you compile the end results please forward the info to us before Oct. this will be helpful. Also let me make it known that Kevin Fulks is purchasing a 3.4 turbo for his tractor and has said he would make it available for testing. Evaluation will be made on his and I believe another turbo for results for October.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 15, 2017 07:36AM
Your going to have a difference of an easy 300hp between a diesel with a 3x4 and a 3.4x4 turbo. Numbers right from a dyno on a diesel engine less than 470ci.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 15, 2017 10:25AM
The cylinder head rule states:

"Cast iron OEM cylinder heads only. No billet or re-cast cylinder heads allowed. "

So if you run a 5.9 Cummins in anything other than the select few ag tractors that a 5.9 came in from the factory, you have to have the cylinder head that fits the drive line of the tractor being pulled......In other words, for you guys that put a 5.9 Cummins in your 180 - 190 AC you must run an OEM AC 301 cylinder head.... Right?? Talking out of both sides there. Probably not thought through well enough.

Truck puller I also checked with a dyno guy. 300 - 400 HP increase from a 3.0 smooth bore to a 3.4. Slots are hard to police. 3.4 inlet is crazy.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 15, 2017 10:59AM
The rules state no forward facing groove. So you won't see any crazy hp numbers if turbos are actually teched. But there will be right at a 300hp difference. If you let people sneak in forward facing grooves you will see some big hp numbers. This past year has been entertaining watching you tractor guys discuss turbo tech and start making the same decisions that have plagued the diesel trucks for so long. All turbos should have been smoothbore plan an simple. I myself have always liked this class and hope it does well. But you don't go and make rules that you know you will have to changed year after year.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 15, 2017 11:31AM
If the majority of the pullers don't want the 3.4 then the 3.4 shouldn't be allowed or even tested whether it pisses Fulks off or not. Having to weigh 6200 pisses me and others off, and 6000 pisses another bunch off; but it seems like the most including myself can come to terms with the 6200. Since some run 6000, 6200 and 6500, splitting the difference is fair and understandable. But if 70 percent don't want a 3.4 charger its time for someone to grab their bag, squeeze real hard, put their foot down and just say no. I can name 10 or 15 pullers here in KY that were not contacted by our so called Reps, and five within 30 miles of my house .The intentions of the rules are great and a great job well done. But as we see on here there's a couple glitches that could easily be resolved without any trial periods and may save someone some money. Put a yes or no vote out to the pullers on the 3.4. It don't sound like the Reps done that. Do so in a private manner as in mail in because some people want one thing but are too chicken to say it out loud

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 15, 2017 12:10PM
So are you saying your class Rep's failed to do their job? As you knew about the project did you call any of your class members?

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 15, 2017 01:12PM
I did but you no when the owner of the pulling organization Battle of the Bluegrass is pushing hard for something you don't realy want to piss them off. Don't get me wrong look at a earlier post I was fine with it until I saw several disappointed pullers .A lot of people just didn't care because there thoughts is they wouldn't be pulling those pulls anyway. I also spoke to several that helped get this set up and i no more than I need to no about it and I no the reasoning of the outcome . Since all of this has been going on ive had countless pullers from across the country call me to tell me to hang in there and keep it up. I helped get this class started here in KY and pulled at the first pull have A 2nd place points championship a three 3rd place championships three years in a row and I'm one of very few of the originals still pulling in the class if it wasn't that I'm on here a lot I would have never knew a thing about it now whats your opinion also I no I was the self proclaimed representative of the llss class 20 pages ago when this started but it really never was made official so was it my job to call

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 16, 2017 02:04AM
ACLLSS Puller:

First of all, I understand what was intended - I'm not stupid. Rules that are not clear and concise are fodder for dispute. So lets get things straight before that happens. The authors have good intentions and that is appreciated, but more homework need to be done.

I'm not spouting off - just pointing one of the discrepancies in the rules. According to the current proposed rules, I CAN"T run an aftermarket head on my 301 AC block in a tractor that was designed for an AC 301 engine. Everything would be the way it came from the factory other than the cylinder head. But yet it's okay to run a complete aftermarket head and block (Cummins in this case) if one chooses to do so. Can't have it both ways in my mind

So it must be okay then to run a 426 Allis block and head in a 180 or 190 drive line?? I would certainly hope so.

How about the rules just say you can run any engine in any drive line as long as it follows the cubic / turbo combo / with or without intercooler rule. Lets face it, thats where this is going anyway. Either that or go back to the old NTPA rule that says the engine must be what the driveline came with (which will never happen).

I'm not saying I am against the OEM cylinder head rule, I am saying the rules need to be written in a more straight forward manner with fewer loopholes.

The diesel turbo rule is a bigger concern at this point.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 16, 2017 01:24PM
I do agree that it may need to be more clearly stated . As far as the cummins it's no different than a dt360 in a lot of IH tractors for a long time, even in NTPA. And yes a 426 can be put In an 180/190 chassis . There is one being built in the south as we speak . And yes a cummins Hamilton built head is illegal as the rule reads. So most groups do not allow a recast head? Get the dilemma I ran twin diesel 301 for yrs and did very well with it with a lot of dollars wasted on heads repeatedly with some extreme work done but where do you draw the line in this class . I believe the limited in the name truly identifies what this class is ment to be, yes it would've been great to keep all straight up with no cummins or dt 360s allowed but that door has been open for a long time now.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 15, 2017 02:43PM
Colorman you should read a little more carefully before you spout off. Does not say for tractor model being used it says for engine model being used ! Ie a cummins with a cummins cylinder head. Way past which engines are or are not legal here, for years not days or wks.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 15, 2017 11:54PM
I received some calls concerning Air-Bags/Coil over shocks and was asked to post some info to clarify better for others. For the National Rules there were multiple discussions on this topic. It was voted down with only one vote in favor of. The front suspension we feel is a good safety item when pullers miss their weight and start bouncing their fronts.The performance advantage that puller can have is not unloading their rear tires and potentially gain more distance. SCWTP ( WI ) allowed front suspension only after one of our pullers was building a new chassis with this feature. We had nothing written in our rules about. The LLSS class met and added it to our rules because WTPA was adding the LLSS class for 2016 and they too were allowing front suspension because they allowed it in their Super Stock Tractor rules and we liked our puller. The board knew of 1 LLSS in WI, and 1 chassis in KY made for it but his club rules don't allow. So for the National LLSS Rules, and the Traveling Schedule to include it in the rules when 100 plus tractors don't have and only ( 2 ? ) have, made sense to leave out for now. Also it wouldn't force other LLSS pullers to want/have to spend the money to convert their tractors. Now with all compromising some for the rules allows LLSS pullers a wider area to pull, clubs to add the LLSS class and for Pulls to add the class knowing they can get tractor numbers. BSTP is allowing alcohol tractors to pull in their LLSS class for 2017 after being diesel only for 20 plus years. So things change as people/clubs see fit. The National LLSS Rules were written with the best interest of the majority of the pullers that we have at this time, knowing that that down the road things can change. Scott 92o - 538 - o642

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 16, 2017 12:36AM
Badger State also looked at this rule on air ride. We decided not to allow it . Because of that chance of someone letting air out to raise the draw bar before they pull, and having the teck man check it after they pull. Because most of oir teck guys become flaggers

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 16, 2017 04:57AM
David, 18" drawbar to 114" wheel base they would be using some air bags with alot of travel - it would be easier to be like little green giant and scale with weights on back then put them where you want Smiling

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 16, 2017 05:54AM
Now before you accuse someone of something ,should really put your name on it . Tell you what , measure your draw bar and let some air out of you front tires and see if it changes

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 16, 2017 09:34AM
For Haha!We have a rule that you can only move no more than 200 pounds after scaling!!Years ago we had everything in the back to make it easier driving through the pits.But times have changes so if you think we are doing something wrong why don't you introduce yourself to us and we would be happy to get your approval.By the way move 500 from back to front and tell me how far your draw bar goes up with puller 2000's on it!Yes we checked that years ago to make sure we wernt cheating because sometimes they did re scale everyone.Want to accuse of us something my number is 608-558-2316 or you can come help us throw weights at a BSTP show.What was your name by the way??

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 16, 2017 11:39AM
Mark I pull with three groups and never herd of a rule hear that says were you have to have your weights at when you cross the scales so if it helps HA HA should have kept his MOUTH shut and learned from experience and done it his self if he was smart enough to catch on to it to start with

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 16, 2017 02:25PM
Ha ha
David, 18" drawbar to 114" wheel base they would be using some air bags with alot of travel - it would be easier to be like little green giant and scale with weights on back then put them where you want Smiling

WTF is this bs? keyboard puller wanting to be a comedian?

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 16, 2017 06:26AM
David Runkle(earls dream)
Badger State also looked at this rule on air ride. We decided not to allow it . Because of that chance of someone letting air out to raise the draw bar before they pull, and having the teck man check it after they pull. Because most of oir teck guys become flaggers

This has been discussed at length... Air bags are the least of the concerns in the pulling world.

March 6, 2011:

Jake Morgan
Well, without sitting down and drawing a detailed diagram, lets just simplify and do some basic math (I know all the points are not in the same horizontal plane, but that requires a little more work and I think you’ll see you still get similar results):

- Max wheel base from rear axle to front axle is 114”
- Min drawbar length is 18” from rear axle to hitch point

114”/18” is ratio of 6 1/3 to 1. Meaning to raise the drawbar 1” you would need to drop the front of the tractor down by 6 1/3”. It seems to me that most people would notice if someone tried to drop the front of their tractor a half a foot.

Here’s one other thing to consider: the ski bars that are mandated by both NTPA and PPL are 4” off of the ground and must be attached to the chassis and not the suspension. Meaning… if you tried to drop the front down the most you could gain would be ½” of drawbar with your ski bars right in the dirt.

As a side note: I spent some time at the NFMS talking with Brad Moss from the Young Buck team about their front suspension. I think their design is the nicest I’ve seen. It’s clean, engineered extremely well, looks great, and takes some stress out of the chassis. It’s also the only air-ride setup that has independent front suspension. If I was building a tractor I’d definitely use the Young Buck tractors’ front end as my benchmark. If anyone gets a chance this summer they should check it out, it’s as beautiful and clean as the rest of the tractor. I also got a chance to see under the hood, and it’s as clean or cleaner on the inside, as it is on the outside.

Should there be a rule on ski bars? No. They are just another innovation that some will adopt and some won’t. Is it going to make anyone go any further down the track? Most likely not even an extra inch. They are just another option, to some they are a novelty, and to some a necessity.

September 16, 2014:

Bob Barbee
I'm simply going address the mechanics of the issue.

Due to the short distance (18") of the Hook point behind the pivot point ( rear axle centerline), the drawbar can only move .300 of an inch in height. Keep in mind this is from Maxed out air pressure with nose higher than a Puller would actually run his vehicle, to the ski bars on the ground (literally sitting in the dirt) lower than any Puller would actually run his vehicle, so to this point you actually have a window of approx. 3/16 (.188) of an inch that is useable to alter drawbar height! These are actual measurements of what the Tractors real world do, not my cad drawings which show approx. .450 total possible movement, which we are not achieving. These numbers have been verified at multiple locations on multiple vehicles by both head Tech officials of both organizations. And my input as a builder was not requested at the Urbana meetings. Also with coil over shocks in place, if a competitor sets drawbar with 300lbs on back of tractor then before running moves that weight to front of Puller, you just achieved the same effect this ruling is addressing!

Bob Barbee (Stormy) NTPA #1535,(Willy Makit) NTPA# 2920
Full Pull Motorsports

September 19, 2014:

Bryan Lively
Think about hitch height in this manner:

Picture a tractor with a 114 inch wheelbase, and an imaginary level line that starts at centerline of the front axle and ends at 114 inches past the rear axle centerline. The centerline of the front axle is also 20 inches in height off the ground, for the sake of illustration. To get a 2 inch change in "hitch height," you'll have to lower the front axle 2 inches to see two inches of change, and that extra two inches of hitch height can only be observed at one spot--114 inches PAST the centerline of the rear axle.

Who runs an 8 foot hitch?

Where your rear axle is the pivot point, 18 inches beyond that in simple mathematical terms cannot possibly create a two inch change from a two inch alteration of height at the front axle. Just think of a teeter-totter and the relationship of one end (hitch point) to the other (front axle centerline). This is as simple a means to explain it, and with most LSS guys at 18 inches of height its hard to make any argument for a hitch going past 20 inches, even with the skids on the ground. A teeter-totter has a 1:1 relationship in height change from one end to the other, and this is no different. Two inches of change on the front axle equals, at 57 inches behind rear axle centerline, a 1 inch variance. 28.5 inches behind rear axle? Half-inch. Does this clear the air enough, especially when the tires are off the ground during a hook 6-12 inches? The working hitch height of a LSS in motion is going to be in the neighborhood of 17.75 inches with a static height of 18 inches. Don't take up the argument with me, take it up with a tape measure, a teeter-totter and math laws.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 16, 2017 08:22AM
Thank you John Murray for the information .

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 16, 2017 05:38AM
If half of the owners of llss tractors wasn't contacted how could that be for the best interest of the majority .I no of one rule that I feel the so called majority don't want just by keeping up with the tabs on here for the past month and that is the 3.4 turbo so come on now Scott get real.So now Paul Harvey tell the rest of the story have a good day

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 16, 2017 06:25AM
I have 2 of the dang things sitting in the shop & I never heard a mention of any national rules being assembled?

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 16, 2017 01:31PM
Cody it was posted on here and talked about several times.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 16, 2017 02:31PM
For a guy who constantly has his tractor/engine for sale why should anyone take you serious? Better yet after reading your post on here you'd be one of the last people I'd want representing anything. I don't see anything wrong with the rules, give them a try and work on what needs to be worked on. I've read them and they haven't re invented any wheels. Every engine/turbo combo is already running in one place or another. And as it's been stated before the 3.4x4 is smaller then some clubs have been let run, and after looking at some results (I'm sure none of you all actually looked any information up ) the 3.6 was competitive but not dominant. I'd like to see that option for the 410 guys as well and get rid of the MAF all together, but that's just my opinion. And you know what they say about opinions...everyone has one!

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 16, 2017 03:21PM
Ive built and sold 7 pulling tractors because I like doing that 2 of them was llss tractors ive sold a couple of engines around the country and helped build a couple I got the class started hear in Kentucky And I took the responsibility to get enough people to commit to build for this class and I also helped make the rules we stated with Now Meltdown with no name wich probably pulls with me What have you done .We now have 2 or3 rules with lots of controversy how hard is it to add up individual opinions your from KY this involves more than just pullers from KY and what they want Obama is gone more states wanted Trump than Hillary Now what have you done I made you a class to pull in a few years early because of my survey and work for the class you can like me doing the survey or not But its on and wont amount to nothing but ive had 4 texts that says 3/4 turbos and no air ride yours don't count without a name

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 16, 2017 03:31PM
And buy the way meltdown dollar for dollar ill hook with anybody I like selling my tractors for 30 thousand sticking 10 in saveings and building another one of these 80 thousand dollar machines

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 16, 2017 07:39AM
To REALY: You do understand that some pulling groups were already allowing 470 Diesels to run a 3.6 smooth bore in 2016 right? Bringing them back to a 3.4 smooth bore as a trial which will be evaluated again this fall is already a compromise. Having actual torque and HP dyno information and a season of this trial will help to make an informed decision at that time. You also saw that the ultimate goal is to get to strictly smooth bore chargers to help simplify the tech man's job. Negotiations take one step at a time. I would also be in favor of someone doing a survey of the LLSS pullers and then letting us all know the results.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 16, 2017 12:50PM
I will do a survey. Every one that owns a LLSS tractor mail your opinions to me, Lewis Conner. It will cost less than 50 cents for a stamp. Every one on here tell everyone you know who owns a LLSS tractor to send your opinions to me. This will be a survey on turbo size and type,and Air ride front ends since these have been the most brought up concerns. If anyone has something they feel that needs to be added, then add it on here soon! Keep it short and simple. Give your own opinion. No names will be mentioned. I will tally the votes and let the results be known to every one Anyone on here that says they or other people was not contacted now its your fault if they are not contacted unless Edd wants to take this over my address is Lewis Conner 345 happy acre Ln Jamestown Ky 42629 Phone no is 270 566 2901 if a text is better.Now there is one thing that's ben mentioned to me everything out there can run a Cummins I ran one in a Cockshutt except for A John Deere so really why not. A 5.9 cummins was still buried under Tons of Rock when these tractors that's running them were made

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 16, 2017 10:02PM
Just let these rules ride for the 17 season. Gather more information during the year and make changes for the 18 season . I agree with that changes should be made . Try it and see what will work and what does not.

Re: National Rules 0f the Light Limited Super Stock Class January 17, 2017 09:03AM
Ive talked to a lot of people today on the phone and text one including David I can keep it up with a survey if its really wanted threres been around 15 texts today but I believe David is wright lets all calm down and accept this for now. The biggest concern has been the lack of knowing and lack of representation for some clubs wich is understandable .But this is a good starting point and like someone said If we were all involved at once there would be several meltdowns like mine yesterday and nothing would have gotten accomplished lets consider this the first phase ,We no now up in the Fall theres going to be a review of the rules some may be changed at that time just make sure your club is aware of it and is involved and have a good representative I wasn't associated with any part of the meetings so I may be talking out of place lets give it a summer and if theres some rule the MAJORATY of us want to change at that time then lets change it if my help is needed in making sure everyone who owns one of these tractors is contacted this next time I will help

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,628, Posts: 229,690, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520