Scam? January 05, 2017 12:34AM
Does anyone recognize this phone number as a scam? 347-796-4872. I had a wanted ad and he said he had what I needed via a text message, but lived in a remote area where I could not talk to him and could not give me a picture of it because his device with pictures on it was not available

Re: Scam? January 05, 2017 01:04AM
Yes it is. They texted me and used a woman name and I called the number and it was some barely speak English guy that answered and he didn't know what it was I was looking for after I asked questions.

Re: Scam? January 05, 2017 02:54AM
I just got a text response from that number yesterday on a "wanted" item that I had recently posted. I replied back and he did send a photo of a stock oil pan. He said that he was from Oregon. I couldn't really say if he was a scammer or not since it was not what I was looking for anyway.

Re: Scam? January 05, 2017 03:10AM
he contacted me a few days ago from my wanted add for a stroked crank. Same bs about not being able to provide pics. Said he was a broker for the seller. Scam true and threw, his texts were poorly written and english wasnt good.

Re: Scam? January 05, 2017 02:34PM
Thanks for the help. Kind of what I was guessing by his texts. I would like to meet some of these guys face-to-face, or should I say fist to face

Re: Scam? January 05, 2017 03:05PM
Same # texted me.

Re: Scam? January 06, 2017 04:35AM
Big Red Binder I responded to your want to buy with a guy that would have a 1456 emblem That Emblem Guy Jeff Foreman in Indiana 317-984-3698 It is in RedPower Magazine.The gal that texts doesn't have proper word placement and must search the WTB ads hoping for that 1 in a 100 that might actually fall for it.I buy and sell several tractors and there are many responses to my ads that are obvious scams.They cant actually talk to you as they are deaf,overseas,or cant call from work.

Re: Scam? January 06, 2017 03:13PM
Same number texted me about 24.5 double cuts I was looking for. I asked for pictures and they sent me a picture of pickup tires with a 5 hole center. The way they word the text is very unusual, kind of like they might be foreign.

Re: Scam? January 07, 2017 11:10AM
Any one that knows "Ray" Rachel Cob. rachelcob@outlook.com

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009