Proposal from Farm Show...Thoughts wanted January 11, 2017 11:41AM
I made a trip today to the Fairgrounds in Louisville to discuss a Farm Show project and I was asked to pose a question to you all--the pullers and pulling fans--about something that is being considered.

There is discussion about doing a live feed of the Championship Tractor Pull. This idea brings with it some great possibilities and some concerns as well. Therefore there's some questions that have to be asked:

1) Do any of you have an interest in live streaming the pull from the comfort of your own home? The feed would utilize existing camera positions in place as well as Butch and Dave's commentary.

2) What do you consider to be a fair price per session to charge....$30? $40?

3) If you could watch it from home, would it make you reconsider physically going to the event?

Just post your thoughts here, there will be eyes in-the-know looking at comments. I'm just the messenger.

One last thing, and I'm speaking personally: The culture at the Fairgrounds has definitely changed in the past 12 months. I am encouraged by what I heard--and physically saw--about the future of the Championship Tractor Pull. Perhaps the word I need to use is excited but I can't comment any further than that at this time. Your concerns are being heard and that's precisely why I'm posting this here, in this forum.

Thanks for reading.

PS-Stick to this topic please. There will be a time and place for other concerns or ideas. Thanks again.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Proposal from Farm Show...Thoughts wanted January 11, 2017 11:58AM
Yes but maybe $15 per session

Re: Proposal from Farm Show...Thoughts wanted January 11, 2017 12:27PM
1. I would really like to see the live streaming of the event.
2. What was the cost at Gordyville? $30 for the entire event. So $30 for all the sessions.
3. I would stay home and watch it.

Re: Proposal from Farm Show...Thoughts wanted January 11, 2017 01:08PM
I would love to live see it live streamed, for me a chance to watch, otherwise impossible to go there to see in person. At least until I get the chance to attend. Streaming would not prevent me from attending, it would let me watch live.

Re: Proposal from Farm Show...Thoughts wanted January 11, 2017 01:15PM
1, Yes I'd be interested

2. Cost, half of what LIVE attendance would cost

3. If I could attend I would but if I cant id watch from home for half price per session or a package deal for the entire weekend.

red712

Re: Proposal from Farm Show...Thoughts wanted January 11, 2017 01:30PM
Gordyville does not live stream currently.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Proposal from Farm Show...Thoughts wanted January 11, 2017 01:01PM
1. Yes
2. $10.00-$20.00 or a package price that discounts all sessions.
3. Probably not. Someday I hope to attend but until then I would take the second best option.

Re: Proposal from Farm Show...Thoughts wanted January 11, 2017 01:02PM
I have taken my wife and daughter in the past and was covered in beer being spilled by overly intoxicated "pulling fans" so we no longer attend the pulls. We do go at least 2 days for the farm machinery show. I would be in for live streaming so we can watch that caliber tractors.

What is the Gordyville streaming cost? I attend that in person so I do not participate in the streaming there.

Re: Proposal from Farm Show...Thoughts wanted January 11, 2017 02:33PM
Hey Bryan,

Thanks for taking interest and helping the fair board try to turn things around a bit.

1. Yes. Live stream it.

2. I don't think you can charge $30-40 per session to do it. At that price I don't think you will get that many viewers. NTPA doesn't have a huge audience online for their pulls. I'd say $15-20 per session.

3. As far as people not going and staying home to watch online? No. The ones who want to will still go watch in person.

Re: Proposal from Farm Show...Thoughts wanted January 11, 2017 03:06PM
Ive been to the NFMS and firmly believe everybody should go at least go one time. I personally would be be scared to pay much more than 50-60 for entire show now before everybody throws a fit here are my reasons. Internet is not a new technology but still has it problems and I have read several complaints over the last year or two over NTPA pulls having problems. That being said I wouldnt pay 30-45 a session due to fact if theres a local provider problem or a problem at Louisville its not worth the risk. Give me a 50 dollar for Wed to Sat. due to the fact I live 8hrs away Im in and if I lose half a session I can deal with it but not paying 45 a night to watch. BTW everybody talking about growing pulling I could gather up 5-6 people to at least watch Saturday night on the Big Screen who would never go to Louisville to watch. Just my opinion and yes its like a ###hole everyone has one

Re: Proposal from Farm Show...Thoughts wanted January 11, 2017 04:13PM
1. I would consider buying a live stream for the Wednesday or Thursday session since I can only usually attend the Friday and both Saturday sessions.

2. I was thinking $25 for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday afternoon...and $30 for the finals. That would total $130 and maybe if you could bundle the whole thing for $120. Also if it could be put in an archive until the next years show so you have it for a full year. It would be nice to see it around $20 a session though.

3. It is not going to stop me from going to the show. Nothing beats seeing the pulls in person. The NFMS is about the experience and is a nice weekend get away for me. You get to take in walking into Broadbent arena which is packed full of some of the best tractors in the world that you get to see shined up and up close...get to talk with pullers/pulling media/pulling fans, get to have a good time with friends out on the town, oooh and there is the farm show there too which is very impressive(I don't come from a farming background but I really enjoy the show still...I have grown up by farms and still live out in the country. My farming is planting food plots mostly or sometimes helping out some friends every once in awhile that farm. I love the sport of truck and tractor pulling and would go for just a pull if it was only that but the show itself is a great bonus.)

I'm glad to see that they have been listening and are willing to try new things. I think that great things could be in store if they continue on this track. They have lowered ticket costs for sections, changed around the schedule, added classes(wish the #s were a little more even for the classes added though but they showed that they were willing to try something), and now they are considering a live stream...I would say things could trend up with a couple more slight changes but as I said before I'm happy that the committee is listening and willing to try some things.

I tried to stay on topic as much as I could.

Re: Proposal from Farm Show...Thoughts wanted January 11, 2017 03:29PM
Absolutely a great idea! I've been outspoken and supportive of a "new" farm show for some time now! Not sure on the price per session?? My idea woul 20$ for the prelims and maybe 25$ for Saturday night finals... if people can see a change through tv/internet I honestly feel it would help attendence live! Possibly in the future maybe even a tv deal? I myself will be there Tuesday before it starts and stay till Sunday... people have a bad taste in the mouth... the changes that have been made prior are great and this is helping that much more!

Re: Proposal from Farm Show...Thoughts wanted January 11, 2017 03:33PM
i am a sports fan in general and i pay for live streaming events all across the board you name a sport and i can stream it and it dont matter what country or continent so asking 30- 40 $ per session its absolutely nuts the louisville pull is what 5 or 6 sessions not sure haven't been there for a few years but that would cost between 150.00 and 200.00 for the show that number is way too high if your plan is to charge that much per session dont bother you wont pay the bills i think the pull is better off letting people like rodney crum come in and do the live results and if worst comes to worst how about a dvd come out for the nfms tractor pull that people can buy for 40.00$ that a hell of alot better than paying 200.00$ for the live stream just my thoughts thanx

Re: Proposal from Farm Show...Thoughts wanted January 11, 2017 04:53PM
As someone who has a background in media production and has an idea of the cost and man power to put together a video crew, in order for this to work for both the NFMS and a good deal for fans as most have mentioned. Just as some have said, if a live stream becomes available those that can't attend can have viewing parties and if they only say $50-60 for the entire show, I don't think if I was attending live would think that fair and would cause less people to attend in person, which is what the committee is afraid of happening. So what do I think would be fair, well when I was first thinking about it, I was thinking about UFC and what they charge for a fight. They charge $60 for HD quality and we all know that a fight could go the distance or it can last just seconds. That is the risk you take. Putting a live stream together takes a lot of bandwidth and I give credit to NTPA for what they do. In order for proper viewing of live streams, the proper internet speeds are needed both at the event and at home. If you don't have fast enough upload speeds, it just won't work and will buffer all night. That is why there is an internet test before you buy the program. Say you have fast enough internet and then a local problem occurs where you lose your internet, another thing people forget is that you also can re watch that pull over whenever you like on demand.Having that option along with doing an internet test before people buy should help take most the risk out of it. So back to cost, if you set it up where the pull can be replayed whenever for 1 year, I think you charge the $125 like the DVD set people can buy that covers the whole show. For individual sessions I would say $30-35, that way you are getting a deal if you purchase a all 5 sessions.

Breakdown:
$125-- All 5 sessions
$30-35 per session
On Demand feature that allows people to do back and watch whenever for 1 year.

Just my thoughts and really excited to hear that there are new ideas being floated around the NFMS and look forward with what is to come!

Re: Proposal from Farm Show...Thoughts wanted January 11, 2017 11:02PM
Me personally I have to be there to see, smell and hear it. But agree it needs to be done, Pulling Radio Network proved this past weekend that LIVE Streaming will draw more people to the event. I had 25 people come up to me and comment on Saturday night that they were there because of the videos they saw on Friday night of the 2 classes I streamed that night.
So, I agree it needs to be LIVE STREAMED, but still trying to put my grasps around how to set a price.

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for
The Pulling Radio Network

Re: Proposal from Farm Show...Thoughts wanted January 11, 2017 11:44PM
Yes please live stream!!

Re: Proposal from Farm Show...Thoughts wanted January 12, 2017 12:45AM
1) Do any of you have an interest in live streaming the pull from the comfort of your own home? The feed would utilize existing camera positions in place as well as Butch and Dave's commentary. YES

2) What do you consider to be a fair price per session to charge....$30? $40? Maximum $20 per session for the feed as described above. The only way I would pay more is for a full-on production that included a "pre-game" show; interviews from Broadbent; etc. etc.

3) If you could watch it from home, would it make you reconsider physically going to the event? I have been to the farm show pull in about every mode (except competitor Smiling ) including all week marathons with friends; a couple of nights; one night with kids and family and not going at all. In the current mode with kids and family we go for two days of the Farm Show and pick only one night to go to pull (mainly because of cost reasons) and that is enough for the group. So in my case you would be gaining my attendance (through streaming) at some of the other sessions that I am unable to attend. The pull has the advantage of having a built-in audience with the show going on so I don't think attendance will suffer.

Re: Proposal from Farm Show...Thoughts wanted January 12, 2017 12:59AM
$30 for a session I think is still a good deal. If you are not with in driving distance your going to have to buy a hotel room - $150 a night plus ticket sales, concessions and gas. $150 for 5 sessions of pulling split between 3 of your buddies is under $40 to watch the best of the best. At the end of the day they cant live stream for free and the promoter is going to want a chunk of the change to make up for what he lost by live streaming.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,673, Posts: 229,771, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,944.

Our newest member Jason