Keystone super class January 29, 2017 01:59PM
Why is the super class so light in numbers. That's the one class I like the most. Why can't they get any big names like Raymond,Ross. They should be able to get those. They are the closest of the grand national tractors. I hope they can get a full class. Trying to stay positive and support but come on they need a full class. How hard can it be after all they let alcohols in too.

Re: Keystone super class January 29, 2017 10:09PM
Only taking 4 tractors to the finals is a big deterrent.
6 would be a draw.even 5 would help

Re: Keystone super class - Where's The Mafia? January 30, 2017 12:06AM
Where's the Western PA Mafia with their Deeres? That would be worth the trip to watch them.

Re: Keystone super class - Where's The Mafia? January 30, 2017 06:51AM
the payout is not that good. I would guess that is why you don't see grand national tractors there.Plus look at all the other indoor pulls happening now. Guys do not have to travel as far. Plus give it another month and outdoor hooks will be happening.

Re: Keystone super class - Where's The Mafia? January 30, 2017 09:11AM
Purse is telling me to stay home. Also why no light super stock again?

Re: Keystone super class - Where's The Mafia? January 30, 2017 12:32PM
I agree with Hank. A top 5 tractor can't even pay for the few days they would spend in PA let alone the fuel. By the time u get hotel and food and beverage u better hope u win. Lol. It's a good facility and I'm sure it's not easy but they need to figure how the other events do it. I wish them success.

Re: Keystone super class - Where's The Mafia? January 31, 2017 02:19AM
If your pulling for money I think you have the wrong motorsport

Re: Keystone super class - Where's The Mafia? January 31, 2017 05:21AM
Jordan Bigelow
If your pulling for money I think you have the wrong motorsport

God I hate that response when it comes up. No one is in this sport to "make" money, but it sure is nice to get a little back... Why doesn't every organization totally get rid of all purse money and just hand out trophies and see how long pulling last, cause ya know we're not in it for the money!

Re: Keystone super class - Where's The Mafia? January 31, 2017 10:14AM
Jordan, it looks like you're social filter changed.......think, consider, consider a bit longer now, then respond.

Nobody is looking to "make" money in the sport, but when the call comes to travel a distance to a special indoor hook, it's nice to try and get some of the cost back. Find anyone that will argue with that simple logic.

Re: Keystone super class - Where's The Mafia? January 31, 2017 12:59PM
Ive been going to keystone every year since they started it. Forresters and others put a lot of time in to make it happen. It's a great show for the east coast and supports the ffa

Re: Keystone super class February 04, 2017 12:30AM
Why don't you complainers grow up if something did happen that wasn't perfect deal with it then instead you like to bitch about it how many years later second the forrester bashing it's a lot of work and time to put on a pull like this for everyone involved with no financial incentive for yourself say thanks and if you didn't like it stay home I have been there every year and liked it each time I have dealt with forresters many times and will continue to do so to everyone involved in that keystone show thanks so much for the work you do

Re: Keystone super class January 31, 2017 06:08AM
remember Its a Danny Forrester show. it doesn't matter what the fans want. or what the pullers want. if its not an east coast pullers or Interstate class your out of luck. if u don't like the show he'll tell u to stay the hell home.

Re: Keystone super class January 31, 2017 08:04AM
Beer thats funny! yeap a forresters show for sure and has to be blue!!

Re: Keystone super class January 31, 2017 10:17AM
Ya, we are taking that "stay the hell home" statement to heart and staying home this year.

Did not at any time feel welcome last year, had a hassle with many things. The fact they want the puller to pay to enter, pay to park, pay to sit......shut up, listen to what I say, don't park there, you can't stand here......it was a little much. The attitude was less than desirable.

Re: Keystone super class January 31, 2017 10:28AM
Don't get me wrong, I like going and pulling there, great facility and great people. Finished 10th 2 separate times. Got paid $75. Local club pays more than twice that. Just not smart business.

Re: Keystone super class January 31, 2017 04:39PM
Your response "Pay to park", you should have received a parking pass to use for a vehicle to leave and return to the lot cost free. They were trying to keep personal vehicles out of the hauler area and I believe there was a designated parking area for pullers vehicles (I don't work the parking stuff so I don't know what the situation was) We do not control the parking costs. That is totally taken care of by the facility personnel. We resolved the "pay to sit" issue with the pullers in 2017. It was our 1st year for reserved seating and we have that fixed. I know all our Keystone Committee staff and I am pretty sure they treat everyone with respect. If you had an issue with any one of our personnel please let someone in a New Holland shir or Black Keystone Nationals vest know and they will get with one of us and we will get to the source and correct it. I am thinking you are the team whom I dealt with 2 female members of your team in the Show Office regarding seating. I/we apologize for your inconvenience and hope you opt to attend in the future.

Re: Keystone super class February 01, 2017 07:26AM
Keystone is a inside brush pull. Nothing wrong with that! With all the other indoor pulls now it is going to get harder for the out of area puller to come.Why travel with all the cost it takes to move equipment. When the payout is not that good.Then you have have to deal with all the other Bs seating,parking,and the list goes on!

Re: Keystone super class January 31, 2017 04:14PM
Danny Forrester is NOT a Keystone Committee member and makes no decisions regarding the event though he is part of the Tech/flagging team

Re: Keystone super class February 03, 2017 02:44PM
It's not a Danny Forrester show or an East Coast show. Also both of those organizations are garbage. They make up stupid rules just because they don't like certain people. Keystone is the best indoor pull as far as being a Puller there. Everyone pits inside,warms up inside and gets to park on Asphalt. Sad part about any event is that you can't cater to everyone's needs and that is what's happening here.

Re: Keystone super class January 31, 2017 11:14AM
A little "Extreme" wouldn't you say

Re: Keystone super class January 31, 2017 01:48PM
There telling the truth. Went throught same thing.

Re: Keystone super class February 01, 2017 10:59AM
"First off...If you don't like it, you can go home" That was told to me at a indoor pull last winter. The tractor behind me....Hooked to a tow tractor.....Wheelie bar.....was put into the side of a brand new set of Puller 2000. (Other than a really big scar, no damage) Soooooo.....I don't go back. If a person has a issue that is true, that response will get a pull to loose pullers. (gordy)

As far as pay goes, you are right. Pulling is not a "for profit" sport.......But when you have to pay for an entry fee, insurance fee, fuel to go to a pull that is quite a few miles out, let alone DOT and the hotels that one has to pay for......money does come into play.....I can tell you that to take a tractor to the NFMS counting all expenses will push a couple of grand.....so one is not going to make money if they don't place in the top to make finals....However there is a chance that you will break even......a small chance

As far as any other of the indoor pulls....you have to take into account the "fun factor" to really make it work. I feel that keystone would be a fun one....never been there. The NFMS is one that I enjoy and payout is good. One of my favorites is the one called Southern invite. Nice people and the payout is marginal, but it is the best track that can be built with sand, wood chips, and horse poop. The track stays the same thru out....Throw the weight back and run a big gear. But the people more than make up for it.

So for a inside pull to have success, the puller needs value.

Re: Keystone super class February 01, 2017 12:09PM
Its for sure your not going to make money pulling its an automatic couple hundred dollars every time you pull out of the drive way so it is the fun factor if it wasn't for selling a couple high dollar squirrel dogs a year from my other hobby I would have to stay home

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,652, Posts: 229,727, Members: 3,326.
This forum: Topics: 37,069, Posts: 225,914.

Our newest member JD_8520