NFMS Championship Tractor Pull thoughts and 2018 notes February 22, 2017 03:17AM
This years edition of the Championship Tractor Pull was a breath of fresh air for me as a pulling fan first and foremost. There was a very real sense of enthusiasm in putting together the very best show possible. I liked the ability to watch live in Freedom Hall, which I did for 3 sessions, and the convenience of the live stream which I purchased for 2 sessions; that ability to choose how to keep up with the action was helpful to me. It is an important event not only for the competition but also in being able to see fellow pulling fans and visit with pullers. I want to thank the KEC, The Fair Board and the CTP for their hard work in putting together a great show.

Next year will mark the 50th edition of the Championship Tractor Pull. I have been asked by the Executive Director of Expositions Steve Kelly and Mike Whitt from the Tractor Pull Committee to assemble their commemorative souvenir program for the 50th. I am honored to be a part of this project. In working on the program I want you-as a puller, or a pulling fan, or member of a pulling team-to share your memories and photos with the rest of the pulling world so that it can be a part of the program. In my opinion this project belongs equally to everyone who makes it possible; pullers, fans who buy the seats, The KEC, the fair board and the committee who make it possible, and the sponsors.

To be clear the time to act on getting information in is now, not later. The sooner I receive information from those interested parties the better because this is forecast as 200 page document.

Also, to be more specific, what we would like to see is: unique photos from the pull and a short explanation about the photo; your story about the first time attending the pull or your first time competing there; the best class of pulling you saw there or competed in, or any number of memories you would want to share not offered here. The Championship Tractor Pull for many of us is a collection of great memories that set it apart from many other events and this is the opportunity to share them.

There are three ways to share your information: 1) email your photos and thoughts to editor@hookmagazine.com and put "NFMS CTP Memories" in the subject line. 2) Share photos and information through regular mail please by sending them to The HOOK, PO Box 2373, Elizabethtown KY 42702-2373. Indicate if you want the materials returned so I can get them back to you as well. 3) Shoot me a text to 270-202-6742 to set up a time to visit about the CTP.

I look forward to seeing what everyone has to offer and thank you in advance for sharing your memories and photos.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,613, Posts: 229,668, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,889.

Our newest member JD_8520