Outlaws and Doug June 07, 2017 11:58AM
Heard Doug Roberts is no longer with Outlaws?

That's almost like Bill Gates not being a part of Microsoft?

EASY......

Re: Outlaws and Doug June 07, 2017 01:21PM
If that's the case I give Outlaws 2 years before they are belly up. I bet PPL is smiling now.

Re: Outlaws and Doug June 07, 2017 01:40PM
PPL can smile all They want but the outlaws are doing great, the outlaw family (pullers and promoters)are the best in all of pulling). With new management, I give them three years and they will be out of all of the debt.

Re: Outlaws and Doug June 07, 2017 01:46PM
Great leadership cannot always be a popularity contest. I'm not a fan of everything he did, but I know great leadership when I see it. He built that organization up really well. No one can argue with that.

Re: Outlaws and Doug June 07, 2017 01:27PM
Why

Re: Outlaws and Doug June 07, 2017 01:36PM
Most of the problems the Outlaws have stemmed from Doug. I'd bet they are flourishing in 2 years. PPL should be worried, not smiling.

Re: Outlaws and Doug June 08, 2017 02:24AM
I am sorry, but I have to disagree. I find it interesting that the check-book was taken aways almost 2 years ago and yet the debt continued to rise? Sponsorship has generated how much vs. the cost of trying to get it? Television has generated how much revenue? The COST is more than the revenue they are producing. Meanwhile the part that Doug was taking care of like booking events - increased each year for I don't know how many years. Rookies - Increased each year for how many years now. Pay-outs to the pullers increased each year. One Time Hooks - Increased every year. Sweeps - Increased each year. Quality of event - Added the Big Screen a number of years back that increased the value of the Outlaws and the quality of their shows. Changed the sport a lot in his time. You all say 3 years and out of debt. That would mean that as an organization you would have to generate 3-5 times more in revenue each year for the next three years then what your current debt is worth. Sorry, but that number is unrealistic in this sport. The only way you will recover honestly is starting over. Leadership has been lacking in certain areas for many years. Now for some you, if what you wanted was Doug finally out, well good job. I am willing to bet that isn't the answer that will solve everything I am hopeful there is a good plan B in place. Good Luck. It's going to take way more then what anyone knows.

Re: Outlaws and Doug June 08, 2017 02:28AM
So does this mean 6030s are back in 4.1 class? Winning!

Re: Outlaws and Doug June 08, 2017 05:25AM
You can bet if Doug resigned there is more to the story than the BS Kurt is spreading. Knowing Doug we will get the real story one of these days. One thing about Doug is he tells it like it is and will call a spade a spade.

Re: Outlaws and Doug June 08, 2017 08:22AM
Not sure if this true until hear from Doug on this. He brought big time pulling to the Midwest. We enjoyed the farm show in KC every winter. He will be missed and he did it the old fashion way, hard work and making good decisions for the sport. As a pulling enthusiast the rule and changes he made the last 20 years are copied by so many associations now. He all but ran NTPA out here with better pulling at a better cost. Just think of what he has done without NTPA long time tradition since 1969 and with out Lucas Oil money to be one of the big three. I heard he has backers to start up a super series and I hope he stays in the sport and we are in store for some more awesome pulling in the Midwest.

Re: Outlaws and Doug June 08, 2017 06:01PM
A super series isnt going to happen under Dougs iron fist. First of all we all have our own builders and favorite fuel and air set-ups this can't happen under Doug. Outlaws puts on a great show for the fans but the fans don't understand the classes they are watching are several 100 horsepower short compared to NTPA and PPL in the single charger diesel classes(Pro-Stock,Limited Pro,and Light Limited Pro) but all these pullers feel safe due to the fact the new kid in town can't play in their sandbox. Missouri State Fair is a Prime example Outlaw pullers are invited to pull with PPL in the 4.1 and the 8500 Limited Pro on Sunday but do any show up NO but as a lifelong resident of Missouri outlaws WON'T ALLOW ME AND SEVERAL others to pull at our own grandstand on Monday. CHICKEN @#$%& is all I can say. So praise Doug all you want but until you actually have a dog in the fight stay in the bleachers and be grateful you dont have a 70,000 dollar tractor you can't pull at your State Fair or any other neighboring State Fairs so Doug can get kick backs from Precsion and HyperMax. Owning a Tractor or a Truck alot of it is being able to pull on the biggest stages and Doug has taken that away from ALOT of tractors and most importantly he has gave you the fans and half ass show.

Re: Outlaws and Doug June 08, 2017 06:58PM
If you want to pull with Outlaws play by their rules. As a life long resident of Missouri I am glad the Missouri State Fair has different tractors on Sunday and Monday. I and most everyone are glad to see the Outlaws back on Monday. Hands down Monday is the better pull and like you said no one can tell the difference in horsepower, except with Outlaws there is more vehicles and they don't screw around.

Re: Outlaws and Doug June 08, 2017 07:47PM
That's just what I want to do is tune my tractor down and put junk parts on it. To your credit they do have a very fast and well run show. Bennett is a GREAT announcer even at Louisville when he explains how short Outlaws are on horsepower.

Re: Outlaws June 09, 2017 12:05AM
Any one know if the southern bell pulling for the outlaws this year.

Re: Outlaws and Doug June 08, 2017 01:22PM
I have never seen an outlaw pull and wouldn't know Doug if he walked in front of me, that being said he sure was the root of ALOT of threads on this pageGrinning I always believe there is two sides to every story and Doug always seems to come on here and defend himself. Tell well tell what will happen.

Re: Outlaws and Doug June 09, 2017 06:26AM
Well I have heard from a reliable source what really has been going on and if this comes out Outlaws is toast.

Re: Outlaws and Doug June 09, 2017 07:17AM
wondered when outlaws talk start up again excue me while I get a bag of popcorn to watch the show Doug is the teflon don of tractor pulling hes weathred rumors befor

Re: Outlaws and Doug June 09, 2017 08:13AM
I don't normally like to go on pull off because it is not a place to do business but I don't know who your reliable sources are , the only two real reliable sources would be Doug Roberts and myself Kurt Van Beek, long and the short of it is Doug decided to walk away last Tuesday because as he told me he was burned out and I was gonna spend time with family and go back to building tractors, The transition has been very smooth, all of the board members that I have talked to are fully on board as well as a lot of pullers and promoters, I'm not gonna put all the details of the arrangements on pull off , if you are outlaw member and come to the Arlington Nebraska or Ravenna you will get all the information you need but just be sure the outlaws are as strong as ever and Doug Roberts has even offered to continue to help in areas where and if we need him, myself and many of the board members would like to take this time to thank Doug for his leadership for his hard work and all the effort he put into building the outlaws into the great organization that it is today , we will work hard to continue the tradition Doug started so if you see Doug at a pull thank him , Outlaws are ready for an awesome season

Re: Outlaws and Doug June 10, 2017 01:08AM
Very good post Kurt. Glad you shared with us the facts, not that we all needed to know, because most of us are just nosy. Doug has done great things for this pulling comunity and deserves our respect. Has he always made the perfect choice the first time, maybe not, but he has worked hard to get as many thing right as possible. Have any of us made mistakes when putting together a tractor, or growing a corn crop? We learn and get better from our failures. Doug has many critics always second guessing his decisions, and this makes for a lot of stress. Stress that is unfair and unnessesary. I wish more people were as quick to compliment as they are to complain. I appreciate all Doug has done for us in the past, and wish him the best in the future. Even more than that, I appreciate the men and women in our armed forces who work to keep our country safe so we can enjoy our freedom. God bless America and let's have a safe and fun season

Re: Outlaws and Doug June 10, 2017 02:44AM
Well said Kurt. Doug had many successful and committed years with Outlaws. Definitely left a lasting impression that I am sure you and Taylor can continue.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,718, Posts: 229,835, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,968.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro