PPL Western / Outlaw series July 29, 2017 08:33AM
Is everyone else seeing what I am out here in the Midwest. This has to be a low point for outlaws while the ppl western series is booming. I went to the pulls up north in Council Bluffs, IA and Wayne, NE and some of the best numbers of rigs I have seen in a long while and well ran pulls. I almost went to Corydon but decided to go on north to Wayne and am I glad. Just got through looking at the outlaw website and wow Corydon had 3 classes with just 27 hooks. Outlaws had 6 classes and just 39 rigs at Dubuque same night as Council Bluffs. Then last night 3 classes and 17 rigs at Colby along with 4 classes and 32 hooks at Sac City. Man how these clubs have just about reversed roles from a year ago. There is going to be just two big associations left after this year and that is PPL & NTPA.

Re: PPL Western / Outlaw series July 29, 2017 12:25PM
What is your point. Ottpa had 72 hooks at 3 different events in one night , ppl didn't get that many at one event Ottpa promoters are happy and fans are getting good shows and done before 10pm. Unlike ppl that goes till 11 with less hooks

Re: PPL Western / Outlaw series July 29, 2017 03:28PM
No bias here, I'm a fan of any good show. I made the 3+ hour trip from Eastern WI to watch the Outlaw pull in Dubuque. I have never been to an Outlaw pull before and wanted to see what they had. I've seen how many posts on here say how great and fast paced the shows are. Nothing special in my opinion in regards to pulling, but their video board was cool with instant replay and results. Good thing Red Ink and Chance Encounter put on a show otherwise it would have been a complete disappointment. And Outlaws really need to monitor their facebook page which said 8 classes and the show started at 6, but there was only 6 classes and it started at 7.

Re: PPL Western / Outlaw series July 29, 2017 10:46PM
The same here, thought going to be big pull with 8 classes and like you said only 6 classes and not even 40 trucks and tractors. Announcer said going to be a rescheduled pull at Britt on Friday, but must have been cancelled again as nothing on Facebook page about it.

Re: PPL Western / Outlaw series July 30, 2017 01:48AM
It is indeed rescheduled for the 4th, check the outlaw website!, most of the stuff on Facebook is not official, I get the feeling all you guys want is to start rumors and down play other organizations, if you were smart you'd try to help promote all pulling .

Re: PPL Western / Outlaw series July 30, 2017 01:54AM
The Wayne County fair tractor pull has always been one of the better pulls around. For years, its been a Nebraska Bush pull and gotten a great turnout of tractors. A good location, good track, good date. Nice to see them bring in the Western Series, it will only get bigger and better.

Re: PPL Western / Outlaw series August 01, 2017 11:17PM
What a change at Concord! Last year Outlaws had about 65 hooks and this year maybe 40 or so hooks on two tracks and done before 9:00. Wayne had 75 hooks on one track this year. Just like the start of this thread said, what a reversal as Concord has been the best pull till this year and that has changed now. I wonder how much some of these others Outlaw events will be down in numbers.

Re: PPL Western / Outlaw series August 01, 2017 11:27PM
Both Concord and Wayne had 2 tracks, but you are right about short number of entries at Concord and done before dark.

Re: PPL Western / Outlaw series August 02, 2017 07:13AM
Doesnt help numbers when they try to have a large scale pull on a tuesday night. Many people were concerned about the chance of a rain out as well. I get theres conflicting schedules that make having it on a week night, but youre gonna limit the amount of people coming in, especially if they havea day job.

Re: PPL Western / Outlaw series August 02, 2017 07:32AM
Was a Tuesday last year when had 1/3 more pullers. Outlaws just way down this year and others are also. Looks that Western Series and Nebraska Bush are up on numbers at every event. Not sure what's going on.

Re: PPL Western / Outlaw series August 03, 2017 08:14AM
All debt is secured. New ownership has actually improved that situation for OTTPA.

All checks are and will continue to be good.

Outlaws has great payouts for all classes.

With change there is always uncertainty, I can understand. All you have to do is pull, call, or stop by and the uncertainty is eased.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: PPL Western / Outlaw series August 03, 2017 12:30PM
And I have some ocean front property in Rock Valley for sale.

Re: PPL Western / Outlaw series August 03, 2017 01:50PM
Until Kurt got involved with the outlaws and ended up eventually owning it all ,before that everybody would've just known him as a nice guy, great puller and All because he ended up with the outlaws a few of you haters of the outlaws want to bash him , you don't even know who he is ,you guys used to beat up on Doug for years and now he's your poster child ,really get a life , outlaws are doing great and have a great future ahead of them find somewhere else to take your frustrations out

Re: PPL Western / Outlaw series August 02, 2017 12:13AM
I think the lower numbers for the Outlaws is due to the economy and fewer people committed to the points race. Seeing more guys getting selective about when and where they are pulling, and once you start doing that I believe it becomes easier and easier to stay home and save money. And it is a problem nationally. Saw on PPL TV the other day, a unlimited SS puller mentioned low corn prices and said he was running his tractor as "fat" as he could to limit breakage.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,642, Posts: 229,708, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520