Springfield NE show August 03, 2017 05:37PM
Great pull tonight in Springfield, NE. As a spectator it's always great to come to a top notch facility and watch a pull. I was wondering though the difference in the hot farm and too hot to farm tractors. Both seemed to be "hotter" than anything that is farm stock and all the tractors seemed to be running all nearly at the same caliber. It seems this is a big discussion on this page and wanted to get some clarification on what the rules actually were. Thanks

Re: Springfield NE show August 04, 2017 01:08AM
Thursday was a great show! Lots of people came out last night and got to enjoy great weather and a great evening of tractor pulling. I wanted to thank the PPL Western Series pullers that came over and ran last night! I really appreciated them making the drive on their off night of pulling. Just a reminder that the Nebraska Bush Pullers will be at the Sarpy County Fair on Saturday night starting at 7:00 p.m. Springfield has one of the best newer stadiums in all of tractor pulling. Come and see for yourself. We have plenty of seats with great views of all the action.

Nebraska Bush Pullers Classes for Saturday Night!

1. Modified Tractors
2. 3000 RPM's
3. Super Farm
4. 85 Limited Pro's
5. Light Supers (Cast)
6. 3.0 Diesel Trucks
7. Pro Stock 4x4 trucks

Re: Springfield NE show August 04, 2017 07:15AM
The rules for their "Hot Farm" are if you beat Arlin Spoo you are kicked out!!

Re: Springfield NE show August 04, 2017 07:54AM
Honestly it is a little frustrating knowing that very very few tractors are actually farm stock. I could care less that I was the only true too hot to farm tractor, that being said in the pit meeting it was said that people should know what class they're in but how is anyone supposed to know what class they're in when there is literally no rules between the classes? The farm stock class or hot farm as they call it, alters their tractors specifically for that pull, mostly for the fact that they'll get a run at the one out of town guy that no one can catch. I worry this pull will either get out of hand with people throwing anything at their tractor just to beat the unmentioned out of town tractor or tractors will boycott the pull due to no rules being enforced and no one wanting to be hard on their stuff for one night just to get second place. It's definitely a great facility and a great show, just hope it doesn't continue to be the way it is now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2017 10:19AM by Freese9724.

Re: Springfield NE show August 04, 2017 03:07PM
I agree, it is getting out of hand.
Eliminate the local stock class.
Just a pain in the a$$ !
If they want to argue and act like a bunch of cry babies, just do like the cry babies do, pull super farm!

Re: Springfield NE show August 04, 2017 03:58PM
Like I said, I have no dog in the fight here, I jump up to the next class where I should be, but it seems like this pull might be taking a turn for the worse here and it seems like the people in charge of it avoid hearing that. Last year a group of us were told that one puller was allowed in the hot farm class because "he's been coming here for a long time". I know word gets around pretty fast when a statement like that comes out. An actual set of rules needs to be put in place and enforced like many other places are doing or have been doing for quite some time and that may avoid this pull taking a complete turn for the worst which seems inevitable right now.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520