Boxler Special August 11, 2017 08:38PM
Anyone know the severity of the damage done at Langford? Are they going to try to pull anywhere else this year?

Re: Boxler Special August 12, 2017 01:10AM
rods out the side

Re: Boxler Special August 12, 2017 04:13AM
You'd think Hans would get tired of kicking Ernie's can down the road.... I realize he is a capable builder with a lot of things, but rotating assemblys always seem to be an issue with that tractor.

Re: Boxler Special August 12, 2017 02:10PM
Yah.....it's not my money at all but you are not wrong.

Re: Boxler Special August 13, 2017 06:20AM
Brand new tractor technology no one else has tried! Innovation takes some time , it will work and there was no rods out of the block!

Re: Boxler Special August 14, 2017 07:55AM
What Kind of new technology is in that engine? I guess they still do not run Quad Turbos?

Re: Boxler Special August 14, 2017 08:25AM
The video on Facebook looked like the motor/ turbo setup responded and the rpm's were there; but the clutch and/or rear end did not transfer the power to the rear wheels and then 70 fairly slowly traveled feet later something let lose with a bang. There was a lot of smoke from the rear end area it seemed also. There were posts by a couple of other pullers who were there that the motor was windowed, not sure that means rods came out but still sounded like pretty serious damage. I am sure in time whatever the innovative setup they have built, they will work out the problems.

Re: Boxler Special August 14, 2017 01:35PM
All I know for sure is that they spent a fair amount of time picking parts and pieces off the track, also whatever let go looked like it came out the bottom-end. A few people told me that there was a big window in the block and that they were picking up aluminum rod pieces, but I don't know what's true and what was speculation. I know they're not running a Hyper/Schnitker/billet/etc... block and that it has an IH block in it but I don't know if it's a DT466 or not. They're really nice people and I'd love for them to get some reliability, but something in their program just isn't working yet, and it's been an awful long time since they had any solid results.

Re: Boxler Special August 14, 2017 11:05PM
Video ? thanks

Re: Boxler Special August 15, 2017 12:40AM
Your bashing Ernie,but boxler keeps going back

Re: Boxler Special August 14, 2017 09:43AM
I would guess it is because Hans has not spent enough money yet. Ernie is the best at getting enough money spent that it should run. Keep trying, you may get it yet.

Re: Boxler Special August 14, 2017 01:33PM
He is way cheaper than hypermax! Haters are going to hate!

Re: Boxler Special August 14, 2017 02:48PM
Could be , but not if you have to do it twice !

Re: Boxler Special August 14, 2017 03:29PM
hypermax may cost more but you get what you pay for! what has ernie EVER done with a diesel? NOTHING! NOTHING! NOTHING! wear are enies top running diesels? pretty sure bone twister red horse and triple bypass are mostly hyper or hyper bottom ends and they are kicking butt. how can ernie keep coming up with excuses for why it doesnt run or why it cant keep together?

Re: Boxler Special August 14, 2017 03:52PM
Well put!

Re: Boxler Special August 15, 2017 01:13AM
It's a good thing we don't all like the same stuff, I personally like a guy who is trying something different than a cookie cutter program!

Re: Boxler Special August 15, 2017 02:00AM
Thing is if you try something different people scoff at you for it then if you figure it out and beat said cookie cutter programs then your labeled a cheater. Personally I'm all for a guy trying new things best of luck to Hans and his crew hope they get all bugs out soon.

Re: Boxler Special August 15, 2017 11:01AM
There's a lot more parts than just block that can fall on track and just maybe the part that failed was hypermax.

Re: Boxler Special August 16, 2017 05:29AM
I picked up most of the parts, no piece of cast bigger than half of a golf ball and a few pieces of aluminum. The rest was shrapnel bits and pieces that looked like somebody swept out underneath a milling machine.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,778, Posts: 229,950, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009