Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 14, 2017 12:56AM
Just heard a rumor that this is the last year for the tractor pull at the Iowa State Fair. Anybody else hear the same?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2017 01:56AM by AC Fan.

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 14, 2017 02:12AM
Story I heard last year from a ISF board member, they tore out turns 1 & 2 of the track to enlarge the midway Eye Rolling.
2017 is suppose to be the last pull in front of the grandstand...
Plan is to build a new arena of sorts. Possibly a 3/8th mile dirt track and new bleachers where turns 3 & 4 are and in the parking lot just beyond turns 3 & 4.. Suppose to start construction after the 2017 fair.

This is so they can build a large permanent stage in front of the current grandstand to attract larger acts..

Guess we'll see what happens, but this was what I was told in June of 2016.

---

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 14, 2017 02:32AM
That is true ryan that is the plan we shall see how it plays out. All I know is that pull brings a lot of people to town but evidently pulling and racing aren't cool anymore there. If that pull never happens again it will be shame they have had that pull for 50 plus years and the crowds have always been pretty big. That fair is now all about food stands and carnival rides anymore if it wasn't for the pull I wouldn't go .

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 14, 2017 02:46AM
Going to afternoon sessions in 2018 at new track so we can have concerts every night in new permanent grandstands. Having different motor sports and different pulling groups at the fair. Local pulling groups, Lucas Oil and the Outlaws all will get a day to have a pull.

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 14, 2017 03:25AM
Don't forget about us little guys, and two tracks still?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2017 03:27AM by Nbt4real.

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 14, 2017 04:47AM
Heard the same thing. About time all associations in Iowa get to pull at the state fair. Locals on Monday. PPL on Tuesday and Outlaws on Wednesday.

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 14, 2017 09:05AM
This isn't all true till Adam says it is true.

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 14, 2017 06:49AM
Looks like I'll have to take 3 days off next year.

Curious how that will affect the crowds?

---

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 14, 2017 09:18AM
Pulling in Iowa would not be where it is today if it had not been for NTPA. So, Fair board Official, will they get a day, too?

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 14, 2017 12:20PM
pulled antiques there yrs ago,-- "BACK IN THE DAY" with three sleds,had all three lined up at an angle like helping the neighbor plow or combine when he was hurt or dead. LOL

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 15, 2017 11:00AM
to "wondering Midwesterner" the ntpa dam near killed pulling in western iowa and most of iowa for that matter so get your facts straight about ntpa pulling in iowa

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 14, 2017 12:20PM
The old Iowa Assn. is what made pulling in Iowa guys like Ropp Klug Fornash

i

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 14, 2017 01:03PM
Think they need to look at there parking situation first, one of the worst state fairs I've been to on that part.

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 15, 2017 02:42PM
If that's true that stinks for fans. Is that just the boards way of getting people to go to the fair 3 days in a row? I don't know many that could take three days off let alone afford to go.

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 16, 2017 11:53AM
I agree! Pretty disappointed, I wasn't able to get there right when it started but I was only 1 hour late and missed all 3 super stock classes and the 4.1 limeted pros! Too finish the show with SS 4wd trucks is pathetic for a state fair event plus charge $40 for a pit pass! This was the biggest hose job of a pull I've been too in quite some time!

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 16, 2017 10:57PM
Same here, to start a little early and then have the better stuff first is stupid. Hardly any Super Stock tractors in any of the 3 classes and to run them first along with the limited pro stocks. My thoughts exactly. The last money we are going to spend on a pull at the Iowa State Fair.

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 15, 2017 05:29AM
Looks like weather may screw things up this year.

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 15, 2017 08:12AM
Ya sounds like rain hopefully it misses them or if it is raining they call it off early instead of getting down there waiting around all day then calling it off

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 15, 2017 11:36PM
This morn it doesn't sound very good, rain moving in around noon but they have missed every forcast since the first of July.

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 16, 2017 07:14AM
The rain gods were good to us and about showtime at the fair. Hard to tell what kind of turnout of rigs with the screwed up infield, but Outlaws has been light on vehicles all year compared to years past. Biggest problem I have seen is Outlaws big in the truck and noise classes but terrible on the smoker classes and that includes the diesel trucks. Hopefully that will be different today as this crowd likes the smoke.

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 16, 2017 11:41AM
This is the worst I have seen Outlaws. Had to be way less vehicles than last year and basically a 4 hour pull, if they had lined the classes up better where you didn't have 20 pickups to close the pull on one track. How anticlimactic to finish like this and with no pull offs how do you make that happen, heck can't they add numbers of vehicles. You could tell by the crowd leaving. Just like the earlier post was afraid of, NO SMOKE! Had to be 1/3 less smoker tractors and trucks than last year. Might have been as many of the loud truck classes. Since Outlaws is just a 4 hour pull now, they can hook them on one day and start after lunch and be done in time for the concerts. Bring PPL in here for the other day and do the same thing. No use spreading this pull out over 2 days, from what I hear going to be less pullers next year with Outlaws anyway. Highly disappointed from the pulls Outlaws has put on here before. Why didn't they take a break, lots of people come after they get off work and basically the pull was done at 6. Seen some coming in when we were leaving and they will be disappointed when they sit down with about 10 trucks left to hook. Done venting, but this was sad day for pulling at the Iowa State Fair!

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 16, 2017 12:14PM
If it has been so horrible for so many years in your opinion, why do you keep going ? Just so you can piss and moan about it on the internet? These days any pulling is good pulling but someone always complains but is unwilling to do anything about it.

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 16, 2017 12:40PM
Can't tell that they was saying that it's been bad for years. One of the best pulls last year, and then this year to have a pull this far off from what you expect out of Outlaws. Have to agree and why was the big screens not working.

Re: Iowa State Fair Tractor Pull August 16, 2017 10:00PM
Seen the big screen sitting there but not being used. Not the way you like to see the last pull in front of the grandstands.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009