sbjd differential November 21, 2017 10:34AM
Which is the specific differential that some pullers are using on a 4020/4320 rear end? i have been told numerous times that there is a factory needled differential out of a 50 or 55 series that guys use and seem to have good luck with? I believe it has a different spider set up? maybe im mistaken. To my understanding you have to machine down the differential bearing housing to fit in the 4020/4320 rear end. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Re: sbjd differential November 21, 2017 11:10AM
That is not true. We run a factory replacement two pinion needle bearing pinion differential in a 4010 housing with large needled cross shaft. All factory replacement differential cases/carriers on 40 and 42 tractors from 10 to 30 series will be the two pinion needled differential case. Larger and later tractor went to three pinion needle bearing. which may also fit 4020 case. Only disadvantage they are heavy. I found ours in salvage yard in a 4010 farm tractor. Get on JD Parts Web page and do a where used for part # AR103363 KIT . Show a picture of it in the 4020 part listing. Good Luck, DW

Re: sbjd differential November 21, 2017 12:39PM
I thought I read somewhere where the 4 spider setup would fit in 4230/4320 and up rear ends as direct bolt in but not sure if any were needled from factory

Re: sbjd differential November 22, 2017 12:14AM
The 3 pinion is by far the best, better than the 2 or 4 pinion. The left side bearing hub on the 3 pinion housing needs to be turned down if you want to use the smaller 4010/4020 bearing on the 3 pinion housing. It is better, stronger, to take your rear end housing to someone with a horizontal mill and bore out the left side hole to accept the larger bearing and the larger 6 bolt bearing flange. Remember to machine a radius on the back inside edge of your ring gear or you will break the bolt flange on the 3 pinion housing. It has a radius on the inside edge of the bolt flange for more strength. Happy thanksgiving.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,624, Posts: 229,684, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,897.

Our newest member JD_8520