Transmission January 30, 2018 07:59AM
Looking to build a pro field 4010 and looking for advice on what I can do to upgrade the rearend and transmission a little at a time and eventually end up with a super farm over a couple of years.

Re: Transmission January 31, 2018 01:54AM
Needle the planetaries before you damage them, install a 3 pinion rear gear carrier, install a 3 or 4 disc pedal clutch and 3 speed GMS transmission, in this order or all at the same time. Do it only once by spending the money on the right stuff right away. there is a slogan that applies here, "you don't have the money to do it right, but you do have the money to do it twice?" Work with one supplier and build a relationship. If you go all over for parts, you will be on your own. Wish you success on your project.

Re: Transmission January 31, 2018 04:43AM
All of the above statements are true.....and I've learned some of them the hard way. It is best to summarize in this manner - if you build from the back and move forward, utilizing the best available solutions and parts, you will have no issue with durability once you arrive at building the engine.

Re: Transmission February 01, 2018 05:40AM
Start with a good trans.. pick your gears.. you can set them up so you can start with less hp.. as you add HP you flip the head set/input set to speed up the trans.. then if you need too, buy a different head set as you increase hp or change your setup..

Re: Transmission February 01, 2018 06:13AM
I have a 4010 rear end and trans already done for sale if your interested you can call or text me anytime. 320-630-1011 . I will try and help you anyway I can even if it's just for advice

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,692, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,900.

Our newest member JD_8520