Llss February 25, 2018 01:08AM
Does anyone know the diesel turbo rules for Michigan and Indiana llss classes?

Re: Llss February 25, 2018 04:33AM
3.4 smooth bore-470-410 3.0 .250 maf aloud an 360 smoothbore 3.0
if im not mistaking both originations in Michigan go by National rules along with Hoosier state

Re: Llss February 25, 2018 01:26PM
TNT just voted in the 3.6 for the diesles today.At least all of KY dont suck

Re: Llss February 25, 2018 02:29PM
How many pulls are they gonna have. Why would someone run a 3.6 when they can't run it anywhere else

Re: Llss February 25, 2018 02:53PM
So what happens when you start wrecking those "light" tractors rears and trannys ! If diesel dominate are you going to give alkys more , then you'll cry for components next . Just made the tractors this class was made for ie 300-400 cubes obselete! Seen dyno sheets 466 1350hp with a 3x3 ,yes 3x3 , not even a 3x4 ! yet claim to need 3.6 and I'm a diesel guy at heart , pull an alky too .lol ! Easy way out ! Long term will ruin a great class with those kind of chargers . It's a stupid vicious cycle when people don't see the big picture and I've been around pulling all my life it just cycles around and back again ! And yes I'm a puller in this great class . Just an opinion ! Lol remember to be careful what you wish for , just look to other classes and there ups and downs , and your crazy if you don't think it can't happen to our great class too ! Our color and our diversity is what helps make this great class ! Bash away !

Re: Llss February 25, 2018 10:39PM
How do diesel dominate they won 30 percent of bob hooks

Re: Llss February 25, 2018 10:55PM
They just opened the barn doors !!!! 3.6 on a Diesel is going to be to big !!! Wait till a few guys put some big money in building these diesels engines, it won.t even be close. Like ACLLSS puller said, " It's a stupid vicious cycle when people don't see the big picture and I've been around pulling all my life it just cycles around and back again ! " . I also pull in this class and also been around pulling for 50 years, just hate to see something good be ruined.

Re: Llss February 25, 2018 11:47PM
If they are going to let a 470 diesel run a 3.6 charger then I would like to see a 310 diesel be able to run a 3.6” top charger on a twin setup. If a few clubs want to make exceptions for grease burners that don’t want to spend $$$, then sign my new grease burner up for this program too!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2018 11:49PM by Cody.

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 12:17AM
You never have run any anyways,you wouldn't make the trip to Ky anyway.

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 12:55AM
Will a 470 with no cooler really keep a 3.6 charger lit on the big end?

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 02:15AM
Yes, ole rags is less than a 3.6, i know for a fact.

Re: Llss February 25, 2018 10:58PM
If they feel this is a better option for the future of there club so be it. Some of us don't run the 470 rule, maybe we think that's the best for our club. I still think there should have been only size turbo 3by4 smooth bore. I would have like to seen the National Rules committee set it with one size charger, with the club option on there own turbo rules. Because a lot of clubs are looking at these rules too set there rules.

David Runkle class rep for Badger State LLSS class. 815-821-4686

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2018 11:07PM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 12:14AM
Alright here goes,there are TWO other organizations in KY that do not allow the 3.6. ANYONE that meets their rules can go run with them( DID EVERYONE HERE ME CLEARLY ----2 OTHER ORGAANIZATIONS ). There were 12 to 14 tractors represented at the TNT meeting ( alcohol an diesel ) It was voted on by the pullers an passed.There were tractors that were gonna be parked.No one wanted that to happen, Like i said theres TWO other organizations to run with, There are other options to go run somewhere other than TNT.

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 12:48AM
Just a question? In all fairness to the groups in Kentucky. Could a weight difference to the diesel guys first be tried . Seems like everyone is trying this before spending money on chargers. Because now if you want to run with others you need 2-3 different ones

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 12:55AM
TWO other organizations to go run with--- PLAIN AN SIMPLE !!!!!!!!!

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 01:16AM
They only went 3.6 for 1-2 tractors an we all know who they are enough crying an they got what they want but I bet it will be so fun to run 3 hooks all year when everyone agrees on the 3.4 besides 3 people we know those three they are the ones who wanted it so bad in murph wooo ford guy bet it will be awesome coming in 2nd most of the time with that alky jd evryone in KY Are on the same Paige beside Rhodes three so when you say Ky does this and they keep in mind those 3 are the ones crying not BOB or KTPA llss pullers

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 02:10AM
First off 1or 2 couldn't have got it down by their self, 2nd dont like it-- dont run with them, go run BOB or KTPA-- VERY VERY SIMPLE, 4th ( if you can count that hi) gonna be more than 3 or 4 hooks- an 5th MOST IMPORTANT ONE-- i DONT run a John Deere.

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 02:40AM
We've always supoted Eddie but no more he wants his own class he can have it diesle only if the rest of us stick together

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 02:49AM
Then i guess dont support him, If you were at the meeting statistics show Alcohol won 70% of the time, Diesels 30%, I for one do not see how diesels dominated, but thats just me, like ive said repeatedly, youve got options-- KTPA or BOB--- there needed to be 1 organization out of the 3 that allowed the 3.6 charger.

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 03:13AM
So 1st off one or two couldn’t get what they wanted an cried until you helped wich made 3 people want the 3.6 out of everyone in KY those 3 cried so freaking much over WHAT 5mm bigger of a intake wheel really?? Is the 3.6 suppose to make 400hp over a 3.4?? What’s the point? 3.6 turbos are very well known to make 1800hp so yes of course you’ll cry till you get it when the rest of the llss are sticking together you have 3 baby’s to complain to an red one if they run more then 5 times a year it’s not the point of running with tnt it’s the fact you cried bc you didn’t get your way till Eddie listened so your taking something that is already formed across ky Indiana Michigan Tennessee etc an screwing it bc 3 people cried get over 5mm what’s the difference they will all still be hx82s big ex so a 3.4 can’t run with the alkys but 5mms will make it work bs just scared you won’t hve 200 hp over the class and name 5 hooks that are ready for tnt how’s that points work again? All you do is put in your money and might get it your own money back oh wait might have to see how the pull goes before you get a full check Grinning

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 03:32AM
And WHO'S crying, lol , blaaaahhhaaa !!!!!--- Hold your first finger on each hand up-- step number 2, put them together, that equals 2--- that means theres 2 other organizations that you can run with-- its not that hard to figure out !!!!

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 03:38AM
Guys, EVERYONE is forgetting one very important part of this--- you still got to put it on the ground for 300 plus feet-- alot of the time the most horsepower doesn't win, you still gotta get it down thru there, then it becomes a drivers class.

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 04:01AM
In that case that it isn't all about horsepower and winning then why a 3.6 charger?

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 04:19AM
Why do you care, your not gonna come down to Ky an run, an if you do theres KTPA and BOB, in other words it doesnt concern you, if any of us come up there to run, we know the rules that you guys run before we head that way.

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 04:27AM
I have been thinking I might, the milk cows might be gone in the next year and I would like to show up during the summer. But I does concern me , because the 470 rules have been discussed in are club. But if the 470 are at 1800 hp with a 3.6 and alcohol and diesel 410 at 1350hp , you tell me what's fair? And feel free to call , phone number is on the bottom.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2018 04:36AM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 05:05AM
We do pull in Ky and now we won't with TNT never

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 05:28AM
Simple-- but for some reason everyone keeps missing it-- KTPA --- BOB !!!!

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 05:33AM
So would 3.6 rule be used for the indoor pull that Southern Motorsports or the Kentucky Invitational puts on?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2018 05:51AM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 06:45AM
Yes

Re: Llss September 28, 2018 08:08AM
What turbo rules will Murfreesboro be using don,t want to make the trip without knowing

Re: Llss September 28, 2018 08:31AM
Heard there WOULD NOT allow the 3.6 at Murfreesboro.You know the old saying " if you cant beat them ban them "---- so they can have their pull, i wont be there, it was one of the better pulls but by doin this its starting down the wrong road, talked to a puller lastnight that ran hoosier state super stock an was a top rumner there and switched to LLSS an trying to run the 3.4 and if that team cant get know closer than they do then nobody will !!!! I have heard pullers in this class say " it needs to be an all alcohol class " NO IT DOESN'T -- but when diesels cant get no closer than 15 ft to the alcohol tractors, no wonder nobody wants to build one.

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 08:42AM
MY experience with LLSS class is that being able to set the tractor up correctly for the track and know how to get off the line make the difference between winning and being back in the pack. It is my observations that the alcohol tractors are able to come off the line easier than diesels. You can google my run at Menominee and see that I missed the set up and had all the power in the world and just spun the length of the pull. I use to drive a pro-farm tractor with similar HP and it is much easier to set up. For your information I run a 466 with 3X3 turbo. Would a bigger one be nice maybe but I am staying with the current set up. In the future if I quit running WTPA I may put a big charge on to brush pull as the minimum weight is normally heavier.

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 07:00AM
I HAVE LISTENED THE LAST 3YEARS ABOUT THIS CLASS AND ITS NATIONAL RULES. CAN WE PLEASE JUST LET IT GO FOR AT LEAST A WEEK OR TWO WITHOUT HEARING ABOUT 6200LB SUPERFARMS

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 07:07AM
Yeah who do you guys think you are getting on a tractor pull message board and discussing the rules of the limited light super tractor pulling class?!! And then you have the audacity to name the subject of the thread "Llss"??? How was "WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" supposed to know not to click on it if he didnt want to hear anymore about the llss class???? What jerks you guys are and your stupid light super farms.

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 07:52AM
Just because one L is lower cased instead of capitalized , still makes it two L's . Just saying

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 07:07AM
6000lbs in KY

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 09:10AM
Ford guy i cant spell type or put my sentences together but a few has not figured out that ONE tractor diesle won 30 percent agains 15 alcohol and another 30 percent of the time placed high or couldnt control it because of weight issues ,The only way your percentage would add up to the way you guys want it to sound there would need to be 15 diesles in the class also Now dont forget even a third place finish just knocks everyone behind them back a spot .also,Its not about a buddys one tractor next year its about the future Moores set up placed in a light 180 chassis would totaly dominate and it will happen.But on the flip side we can all change our rules back to the 3x4 across the board with them gone like everyone wanted The 3,4 was and is a mistake also DONE AS A favor now as someone said let them have there class Eddie knew our rules if he wanted the rest of us to come he would have respected them with no need for a meeting just a schedule

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 09:47AM
12 to 14 pullers showed up for the meeting, all but 1 voted to allow the turbo and im pretty sure he ended up bein alright with it, so not everyone is against it, and as of right now you dont have one in the class, and if your building one, do the 410 duetz an prove to all of use that they will run with them.

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 10:12AM
How many of those 12 to 14 pulled more than 5 times last year

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 10:42AM
Well easy to get your way when you stack the deck,you only invite ones you know will vote the way you want it, until last minute, knowing the vote will go the way you want it. One or 2 have only pulled with TNT a couple times. So now looks like the #’s will drop from 25 or so to 14 have fun.

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 11:31AM
All of them ran all summer.I don't understand why everyone is trying to turn this into a dictatorship, THERES TWO OTHER ORGANIZATIONS, why cant everyone see that, there are other options than TNT,im done arguing the point.

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 12:51PM
.I talked to a person who attended the meetting and he said it was a done deal before it started people whos not pulled for a couple years or only a few times some that do have diesles tractors sitting in the shed it was ask on here several times when was the meeting and never answered ,Let them have there class its Eddies TNT Limited Light Pro diesle that would be a kool name Now lets have some fun who is Ford Guy was my neighbor that bought Bentlys tractor at the meeting great trivia lets figure it out

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 02:11PM
Ford guy i for got about your statistics you said alcohol won 70 percent of the time explain something you didnt think about 90 percent of the tractors are alcohol wich leaves 10 percent for dielsles ,I HOPE YOU WASNT ONE OF THEM 14 THAT VOTED HOPFULLY YOU WAS THAT ONE THAT DIDNT BUT SEEMED ALRIGHT WITH IT AFTER IT WAS OVER

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 02:22PM
The only point I'm getting is that you want everyone else to run Bob or ktpa. Wonder if Eddie agrees with you telling everyone to pull somewhere else

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 03:42PM
Well the majority of both KTPA BOB, Mid South and Middle Tenn all within 100 miles of each other says no 3,6 thats a majority ,So i dont have to tell anyone were to go from the looks of the above post a lot of pullers have already decided abd i dont blame them the rules was made by a select group that will hopefully stick with him 14 will be a great show wish them luck

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 09:56PM
Last night I had a nice discussion with one of your tech official . Now he explained why this was done, they did it to insure that the diesel guy didn't give up on a class and park them. To me that sounds like they did a rule that was best for the club, which I totally understand. With that begin said, it's time we all take a step back and look are selves a see, are we as pullers doing enough to grow this great class, with color, different engine combinations and yes turbo's. Granted there has been a lot of discussion and complaining , but where does that get us. Do I agree with some of the rules , no, but as long as l get an explanation on why , I will take a wait and see approach. Because rules can be changed for the betterment of the class. Good luck to all the LLSS puller this summer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2018 09:59PM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: Llss February 26, 2018 10:17PM
Lewis was you at the meeting ?.

Re: Llss February 27, 2018 01:37PM
No i didnt get to make it because not many were invited .But i was informed there was discusions but there was no vote made it was a done deal ,And that is fine like Dave said it may be whats best for that club

Re: Llss February 27, 2018 02:17PM
So what clubs run the 3.6. And what ones run 3.4

Re: Llss September 29, 2018 01:52AM
I am in the beginning stages of building a LLSS I have made this decision after attendingthese a bunch of events this summer in Ohio and Michigan and meeting some nice people. It disturbs me that so much work has been done to make something that is capable of putting on a good show and sustaining puller # but now some are trying to wreck this thing before it really takes off. These limited classes are the future for the average puller who can't send huge dollars all the time. if limitations are well thought out and maintained this class will thrive and grow. Let's not go the way of DSS pro stock . if the club in question in ky wants change let then have it just don't go there seems simple to me hope to see some of you next summer

Re: Llss September 29, 2018 03:38AM
Hope your not building a diesel then, cause in you build with the 3.4 in mind, your wasting money an time-- think about it, when was the last time you saw a diesel with a 3.4 charger win in Ky, or Michigan,or Ohio running against the top running alcohol tractors, FYI the class you are referring two in Ky that allows the 3.6 has had great numbers thus far with alcohol an diesel BOTH winning, the top running alcohol tractors can an do run pretty much even, wasn't but a few years ago that it was not uncommon to have 25 in the class so dont know where you think that it just now starting to grow.

Re: Llss September 29, 2018 04:18AM
So your saying don't do anything in diesel well I guess that makes you a pessimist right from the start. Any more spent in this class so is still better then most of the others for the average person. I have my own ideas on this diesel situation hopefully see you next summer

Re: Llss September 29, 2018 04:51AM
No im not a pessimist, just trying to help, sorry if i affended you, best of luck in your build, you will see me next year--- PS: you didn't answer my question " when was the last time a diesel won with a 3.4 charger " --- i don't know, im curious ?

Re: Llss September 29, 2018 06:07AM
I don't know where your from. I'm in Michigan plan to run Michigan and Ohio

Re: Llss September 29, 2018 04:20AM
LLSL
Hope your not building a diesel then, cause in you build with the 3.4 in mind, your wasting money an time-- think about it, when was the last time you saw a diesel with a 3.4 charger win in Ky, or Michigan,or Ohio running against the top running alcohol tractors, FYI the class you are referring two in Ky that allows the 3.6 has had great numbers thus far with alcohol an diesel BOTH winning, the top running alcohol tractors can an do run pretty much even, wasn't but a few years ago that it was not uncommon to have 25 in the class so dont know where you think that it just now starting to grow.

Isn't 25 too many in one class, seems most spectators complain about having to sit through that many of the same class.

Re: Llss September 29, 2018 01:46PM
There has been only one diesel running a 3,4 turbo new tractor running against on the average of 10 to 12 alcohol tractors each night with good placings ,How many times do you think one lone wolf should win one every 12 pulls 6 out of 12 , theres alcohol tractors out there good runners thats never won 1st place Or have you thought it may not be at its full potential yet a 410 cubic inch running a 3 inch smooth boor kicked all there asses what about that not in ky but its a big world out there and PS done it several different times lol ,And LLSL yOUR dIeSeL HERO has won every pull but one tHAT LOSS WAS by accident wish i could play poker using your rules Unbridled ,got wins with a 3 inch in the days of your 25 tractor and always placed at the top of the pack Turbos has got a lot better in the past 3 years since your heros has been playing with all that front facing map and 3.6 turbos funny how the pro farms running 470 cubes with a 3 inch can make 1500 pluss horse and these guys cant make @#$%& and these truck pullers are really doing wonders on the dyno with those little baby Cummins COME ON NOW

Re: Llss September 29, 2018 03:51PM
Just 1 question, why is it every year some turbo guy come up with a new better improved turbo for the alcohol tractors and nobody says anything and they can update every year but the diesel are stuck running a 3.4 that as of yet cant get close " and you know it " and for some reason you " Lewis " keep preaching about the 410 but for some reason you won't build one " cant figure it out " cause if you think it was the answer and could prove it think how quick it would sell and then build another and sell again, sounds like a no brainer if you really thought it could run with them, dont know why you care anyway you've said on here before that you had the pontoon an was going to stay on the water, and moores have been beat twice an laid down as good of a run as they ever did, Both Shingleton tractors beat them.

Re: Llss September 29, 2018 05:39PM
Somebody give this guy the pull results for that big pull that some of the best KY tractors attended a few weeks ago were a little DEUTZ kicked Hiney and a couple more little cubed jobs were in the top 5 think Fileatra came in 2nd Now to answer your question these new and improved turbos are being developed for the diesel trucks and tractors not the alcohol now if tnt had 6 pulls this year with a average o 10 tractors at each pull that equels 60 hooks and Mores beat 58 of those hooks

Re: Llss September 30, 2018 01:17AM
So i guess your building one, "410", ? And think 9f your comparison, if 1 lil deutz did win, think how many hooks BOB or whatever ever association put that pull on an figure how many times an alcohol tractor won, an while your at it, compare the difference in the margins of victory, Moores won several, i agree but i guarantee the margins were alot closer, therefore more evenly matched.

Re: Llss September 30, 2018 02:07AM
I think everyone knows everyone's view on this class. Why keep talking in circles? By now we should know where the rules are different for each club and what works for each club. The only way to see this is to run with other groups. This is a great class to pull in and be a part of.

Re: Llss September 30, 2018 03:17AM
I agree !!!!! Everyone knows what the rules are when they leave the driveway as to which pull said club is hosting.

Re: Llss September 30, 2018 02:09PM
My horse ain't pulling right now but if and when the harness is ready and I can get out of the barn, I would love to see some actual numbers from a dyno service not inflated or this guy said this or that but actual real time numbers. I know, I know , that is gonna be the big challenge; sure would be nice to be able to build each combination and see the actual differences.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,698, Posts: 229,797, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard