PPL at MIS April 05, 2018 06:19AM
I was looking at the PPL schedule and the 2 day show at MIS looks interesting. I'm surprised that the PPL website doesn't have any info but the speedway site does if anyone is interested

[www.mispeedway.com]

Re: PPL at MIS April 05, 2018 06:39AM
Ill have a press release up in a few weeks. I find that if you post stuff early it can get lost in the shuffle since attention spans are very short anymore. Many promoters do a very good job on their event websites and facebook pages so they are always a great source for information as well. Look for press releases soon for the Rudys Season Opener, The Bluff City Nationals in Memphis and The Watson Diesel event at MIS.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2018 01:09PM by Fuelish Fan.

Re: PPL at MIS April 05, 2018 07:01AM
Gotcha. Either way, ordering mine tomorrow. Hopefully it will be on the schedule for a while. Weather in Michigan in May can be iffy though

Re: PPL at MIS April 05, 2018 08:49AM
The truck hillclimb deal is intriguing but you gotta remember that MIS draws from a three state area of pulling fans. Speaking as a fan and as a student of promotion, a pulling track at the speedway is a means for a facility to be better utilized beyond the traditional race weekends, and the same can be said for the Memphis event. Hopefully the weather cooperates for everyone so these first-time events do well.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: PPL at MIS April 05, 2018 06:58AM
I am kind of worried about attendance at this event. There is a big semi race the same weekend in northern Michigan that I think is going to be a big draw. Thier event it is similar to the type of uphill stuff they do in Canada. As a Michigan resident getting a full blown PPL event is awesome but if attendance is down i am worried about it being a one and done type thing. But I plan to be at MIS for this.

Re: PPL at MIS April 05, 2018 07:09AM
That crossed my mind as well. But, I'm sure BG didn't have the crowds that it does today. Being at MIS, maybe it will draw some more people as compared to a county fair type pull. Hopefully someone markets it as an 'event' compared to just a tractor/truck pull. The second year will be the deciding factor on attendance.

Re: PPL at MIS April 05, 2018 07:27AM
Maybe by a Miracle we can have the crops in and a few more could attend. More snow and cold looking pretty bleak. I’ll go if it’s possible. Where’s this truck race up north? That’s something I’ve always wanted to see in person.

Re: PPL at MIS April 05, 2018 12:52PM
Ticket cost for this event looked to be pretty high. I wonder if that will keep people away. Can go to Goshen and see a great day and night of pulling for $8.

Re: PPL at MIS April 06, 2018 01:33AM
This has the potential to be one the biggest pulls in the state. Hope the weather works out. Is the Sidetracked team doing any live shows from there?

Re: PPL at MIS April 07, 2018 07:07PM
Anyone have hotel recommendations close to MIS ? Thanks!

Re: PPL at MIS April 08, 2018 12:17AM
Due to the scheduling, unfortunately Sidetracked will not be at MIS as we are announcing Mike Sturgill's 1st ever on American soil Semi Drag Races at Onaway Speedway.

CP

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,764, Posts: 229,930, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM